2011.06.10 HLN News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the photos yesterday, which showed Caylee's skull stuck in the mud he was overcome, and said he not only had changed his mind about her guilt, but agreed that the DP was warranted....

What gets me about these people who are now getting it, did it ever occur to them that the SA and the rest of us who got it all along, maybe knew a thing or two about a thing or two? The good part is, I finally feel some justification for being viewed as being judgemental or jumping to conclusions for the past three years.

Sorry for the rant and thanks for letting me bounce off your post. I feel much better now! :crazy:

I don't like people who say, "no disrespect, but" and then continue to gut them. Why not just go for it without couching your statement. It's insincere, Mark Eiglarsh. mo

I love ME, but tonight I think he went a bit overboard. He was very demeaning towards LP and the cowboy hats may have been a joke but they seemed over the top, imo. I think ME got too personal and too negative for no reason. imoo

eta: He makes a joke about LP wanting to be in the spotlight, yet I see ME on many shows and even more often than LP is.

I think Joy Behar pizzed Nancy Grace off a bit just now when she asked her "why do you always call her Tot Mom, can you just not bring yourself to say her name?" Nancy looked a little taken a back and seemed annoyed explaining that it doesn't matter what she calls Casey Anthony or what anyone calls her; it doesn't matter in getting justice for Caylee. Then she said it's a monicker her show established early on so the viewers could identify the case.

Imo, it's really small potatoes. I don't think it disrespects Caylee in any way, but I do consider it more of Nancy "branding" the case than creating a monicker. Either way, Nancy truly pushes for justice for Caylee; so I can cut her slack for overusing the worn out Tot Mom monicker... JMO...

I love ME, but tonight I think he went a bit overboard. He was very demeaning towards LP and the cowboy hats may have been a joke but they seemed over the top, imo. I think ME got too personal and too negative for no reason. imoo

eta: He makes a joke about LP wanting to be in the spotlight, yet I see ME on many shows and even more often than LP is.

yes but me has a clue about the law, lp doesn't. lp has been injecting himself in this case since day one making up whatever he sees fit. me is offering his take on it being a lawyer, he doesn't say he knows the family etc and make up stories. lp needed to be put in his place.

I agree, Mark E has been really spot on and fun to watch this week - just being himself. Tonight, seemed like he was performing and his bashing humor towards Lenny seemed premiditated (been watching trial all week). I bet Mark has gotten a lot of well deserved accolades for his appearances this week; hope it's not going to his head; he really can be great and seriously knowlegeable while being naturally entertaining. Tonight was my least favorite this week; but he did make some good points amongst the off-target humor (imo)..

wish i could find it. mark e, basically asked how he knew all of this about the anthony's when he spent less than and hour with them. i don't remember everything and don't know where to find a link about it. they will repeat the show 12am est.
Thanks!!

LP has been in the media for this case much longer than ME has. Also at least ME has a reason to because he is a legal commentator and can share his legal knowledge with the viewers. LP inserted himself in this case because he was delusional enough to believe he could get Casey to crack and bring Caylee home and the glory would be all his. He has been a media hound since day one. He lies and exaggerates to extend his 15 seconds of fame as long as he can.

LP has been in the media for this case much longer than ME has. Also at least ME has a reason to because he is a legal commentator and can share his legal knowledge with the viewers. LP inserted himself in this case because he was delusional enough to believe he could get Casey to crack and bring Caylee home and the glory would be all his. He has been a media hound since day one. He lies and exaggerates to extend his 15 seconds of fame as long as he can.

amen!

Ya know ME and LP have a history of butting heads that goes back a long time. I remember seeing them go at it when Mike Galanos used to do HLN's Prime News before Vinnie took it over and it was actually very uncomfortable to watch. But, for me-Mark is my favorite TH!:rocker:

Ya know ME and LP have a history of butting heads that goes back a long time. I remember seeing them go at it when Mike Galanos used to do HLN's Prime News before Vinnie took it over and it was actually very uncomfortable to watch. But, for me-Mark is my favorite TH!:rocker:

I didnt know they had a history.. but it is obvious that Mark E. does not think much of LP ..
I actually enjoy seeing LP getting called out.. I think its past due..

I tuned in hoping to get their professional take on the trial especially Dr. G's testimony but got nothing of substance....felt like I was watching a comedy skit:waitasec:

I didnt know they had a history.. but it is obvious that Mark E. does not think much of LP ..
I actually enjoy seeing LP getting called out.. I think its past due..

Yeah-they have a history. This is from JVM Sept. 2010
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1009/21/ijvm.01.html

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Here`s my big issue: junk science. We`ve heard that scientists have found signs of decomposition in Casey`s car. That was supposedly a slam dunk for the prosecution that Caylee`s body had been there, but the fine print from scientists says something a little different. Quote, "a portion of the total odor signature identified in the trunk is consistent with an early decompositional event that could be of human origin."

Huh, not so much of a slam dunk anymore.

Jose Baez was -- actually traveled today to this place called the Tennessee body farm. He is going to try to poke holes in this claim that there is this smell of human decomposition coming from the trunk. They call it junk science.

Mark Eiglarsh, do you think the evidence of air, which is invisible, is going to get in as something that is going to be evidence that the jury will hear?

EIGLARSH: Million-dollar question. We know it`s never been done before, and it`s got to pass the fry test. Here in Florida the judge will listen to scientific evidence and determine whether the scientific evidence is generally reliable in that community. And he`s not an expert. He`s going to have to defer to the experts to make that decision.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, but I mean, the thing is you can`t see it. Ok? It`s not like a piece of evidence like if I`m holding this card, ok, this is a piece of evidence, you cannot see air. How do they examine that evidence? Where does that go?

EIGLARSH: That`s what the experts are going to testify to. It will make for fun media appearances because it`s quite frankly going to be very dry and boring. Ultimately it`s not going to make a difference though in this case to the defense. For sure the prosecution can establish the smell of death in that vehicle. They`ve got it from several people including her own parents. Whether it comes in or it doesn`t come in, I don`t believe will affect the outcome of this case.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Leonard Padilla, there`s been talk from you about a conspiracy theory. You, for example, have told us here on ISSUES, you don`t believe Roy Kronk was just a Good Samaritan who happened to discover Caylee`s remains. But rather you claim that Kronk knew where to look and what he was looking for.

And here`s what Tim Miller`s attorney said about you. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE (moo-I think it's ME saying this): It`s my opinion that Leonard Padilla has not been right about hardly one thing in this entire case. He had everybody looking in a river, and has made one mistake after another in my opinion as it relates to his assessment of the case.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Leonard Padilla, ten seconds.

PADILLA: Well, Mark has a beautiful wife. That`s the only good thing I can say about him. The thing about it is Kronk got his information from his girlfriend, he bragged about it to his family members and the girlfriend got it from whoever law enforcement called to be present the day the attorney went in there and talked to Casey. There was always law enforcement present.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Got to leave it there. Mr. Kronk, you`re invited on any time.

You`re watching ISSUES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member