2011.06.14 HLN News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story. The State wanted to use one of their pre-emptory strikes on her because she said she didn't want/like to judge others and, IMO, because she didn't seem up to handling all the forensic details. They had their mind made about her already so when they were up to bat, they asked her very few questions. When they tried to use the PS, the DT objected because it's illegal to use race (she's an African American) as a reason for a PS. The Judge agreed and rehabiliated her about whether she felt she was able to judge others and she said she could. So here she is.

I hope I explained that right. :)

Thanks for the explanation. I thought Judge P was more fair than that. Sounds like he agreed they didn't want her because of race. Surprised SA couldn't explain that race was not an issue, but inability to judge others certainly was!

In this high tech era it blows my mind that over 24 hours later these people are still going on about Thompson's association with George. Seriously?

I think she will surprise DT and be most outspoken Juror for "guilty" verdict. 1st phone call home - I imagine she was shocked by the swearing and Ica's only concern - getting her boyfriends phone number..

I have thought that since day 1. People may disagree with me, but in my gut, I feel that juror #4 is going to HATE ICA. Juror #4 is a very conservative, religious, middle aged black woman, with old school family values. I cannot imagine how she felt about the way ICA treated her parents in those tapes, when she said they were a 'waste of time' to call, and when she said 'All they wanted was Caylee back.'

I know that many African American's have valid reasons to distrust LE at times. And that is a major reason Baez fought for this juror. BUT Casey Anthony must have made this woman really angry when she heard all those coldblooded lies she told to the people looking for her child. And she will have no sympathy for this spoiled brat, who had everything handed to her on a silver platter. IMO, Juror # 4 will have no problem judging ICA when the time comes.

I have thought that since day 1. People may disagree with me, but in my gut, I feel that juror #4 is going to HATE ICA. Juror #4 is a very conservative, religious, middle aged black woman, with old school family values. I cannot imagine how she felt about the way ICA treated her parents in those tapes, when she said they were a 'waste of time' to call, and when she said 'All they wanted was Caylee back.'

I know that many African American's have valid reasons to distrust LE at times. And that is a major reason Baez fought for this juror. BUT Casey Anthony must have made this woman really angry when she heard all those coldblooded lies she told to the people looking for her child. And she will have no sympathy for this spoiled brat, who had everything handed to her on a silver platter. IMO, Juror # 4 will have no problem judging ICA when the time comes.

I hope you are right! IIRC, she made a face during the jailhouse tape where ICA had her tantrum- or was it the first phone call home, the "total waste of time"?

CNN's AC360

Casey's defense "came out swinging." Most assuredly, we were not watching the same trial.
:rolleyes:

Dr. Drew: would characterize her as a pathological liar, but being a pathological liar is never an entity onto itself. Usually accompanied by some other disorder, head injury or neurological problem.

Paul Henderson (Prosecutor): red herring on sex abuse so do not have to put her on the stand; defense never asked to have paternity check done; inference through non-existing DNA evidence; distracting to jury

Andrea Lyon ("former" DT member): says SA asked for the test; stated the SA is asking the jury to draw inferences and cites partying and other activity brought up

PH: mishandling of evidence does not take away from the ultimate finding of tape around the skull

AL: disagrees; claims tape has DNA of tech and an UNKNOWN male

PH: no record of GA even knowing VT

AL: says SA has also thrown up stuff to see if it sticks

Thanks for the explanation. I thought Judge P was more fair than that. Sounds like he agreed they didn't want her because of race. Surprised SA couldn't explain that race was not an issue, but inability to judge others certainly was!

The State did try to argue their case that it had nothing to do with race (vigorously) and I think the Judge knew and understood that. But the law is the law and if it even so much as gave the appearance that it was due to race, it would become and appellate issue. Since the Defense objected due to it being a race issue, the Judge had no choice. That's my take on it, anyway.

Andrea Lyon is on CNN , Anderson Cooper,right now. She is such a dishonest person!

She says the states position is " She is at a party, thus she must be a murderer. She lied, thus she must be a murderer." " The state is just slinging mud."

AAGGGHHHHHHHH. Pot Kettle Midnight Black!

She is saying, actually yelling, "NO CAUSE OF DEATH, how can they prove anything at all. "

The other TH, speaking in opposition, was making valid points, and she just yelled at him, in a very passive-aggressive fashion.

He calmly tried toi point out that the reason there was no cause of death was because the defendant most likely hid the body, making it impossible to determine a COD.

And she replies " You used the term 'likely' so you cannot use that term and say anything without a reasonable doubt."

She is so obnoxious, imo.

The State did try to argue their case that it had nothing to do with race (vigorously) and I think the Judge knew and understood that. But the law is the law and if it even so much as gave the appearance that it was due to race, it would become and appellate issue. Since the Defense objected due to it being a race issue, the Judge had no choice. That's my take on it, anyway.

Well, that's ridiculous. If she is the cause of that monster not being found guilty, that's a real problem...IMO.

Joy Behar show, interesting. Talking about ICA being allowed to act like JB's personal assistant, paralegal. Rumors about ICA and JB having a sexual affair....wow....JB has to flirt with her and pay a lot of attention to her in order to keep her under control....amazing stuff that has been talked about here for years! 1st time I heard it brought up on one of the shows. About time...

Dr. Drew's show is so funny when LP and Mark Eiglarsh are on. Mark Eiglarsh does not seem to take LP seriously and says that LP does not have any knowledge as to what he is talking about. On the other hand though what does Mark Eiglarsh know either as he was never there at all, less so than LP.

On the other hand though what does Mark Eiglarsh know either as he was never there at all, less so than LP.

What do you mean by he was never there? You mean the Anthony house?

What do you mean by he was never there? You mean the Anthony house?

yes, the Anthony house or anywhere around the Anthony's. At least LP was around them. Mark Eiglarsh is just a lawyer who can give us legal knowledge.

yes, the Anthony house or anywhere around the Anthony's. At least LP was around them. Mark Eiglarsh is just a lawyer who can give us legal knowledge.

Yes, your right that LP had contact with the Anthony's. But it was not extensive by any means.
LP has blown way out of proportion his involvement in this case. He's a self proclaimed media hound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500