2011.06.15 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Nineteen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can CM have argued 'we don't know how she died' while asking for the acquital when in the DT's opening statement they specifically stated Caylee died on June 16 as a result of drowning?
__________________Can someone explain to me how CM can explain this discrepancy in his story?

I was just as astounded as you are until I realized two things:

#1 The opening statement is not evidence or proof.
#2 The jury was not present and therefore will not learn of this discrepancy. When the DT continues on, they will likely continue on the premise that Caylee died on June 16th.

:twocents:

Day1918.jpg

I just adore Judge Perry. He seems like the kind of man who is just a pleasure to be around.

How can CM have argued 'we don't know how she died' while asking for the acquital when in the DT's opening statement they specifically stated Caylee died on July 16 as a result of drowning?
__________________Can someone explain to me how CM can explain this discrepancy in his story?

Hmmmm, my, that is a stumper! :waitasec:

I hope your wife feels a lot better tomorrow, and the migraine is gone.
I hope it doesn't come back when she starts watching!

I truly feel sorry for the family but they would have much more heartache to live with, if KC is acquitted. She refuses to support herself but how could they, after everything she has done, live with her? AT least if she gets LWOP they know where she is and can visit.

I agree it would be much better for them for ICA to be put away where they could visit. I am convinced that if she was aquitted she would make a beeline right back home. Which scares me beyond belief.

I can just see three years from now them again coming to her rescue saying she didn't smother Lee's child, it was obviously SIDS. YES I think ICA is fully capable of that kind of evil. It would be a travesty for her to be out of prison any time soon. She has shown she will destroy anyone and everything without a second thought.

I also don't think as many do that they believe ICA killed Caylee. I think they have convinced themselves now that it was an accident. They are angry because she ripped their hearts apart looking for a live Caylee when she was already gone. Cindy still thinks its an accident. Small Steps.

Just my opinion, and I respect it may be way off base. I appreciate other points of view.

Another question......Does anybody know when RL put the chloroform picture on his myspace? was it around the same time that ICA did the internet searches?

I believe it was earlier in that year around March or April.

I truly feel sorry for the family but they would have much more heartache to live with, if KC is acquitted. She refuses to support herself but how could they, after everything she has done, live with her? AT least if she gets LWOP they know where she is and can visit.

BBM

Casey hasn't allowed them to visit her in the last 2 1/2 years, so I doubt she'll want to see them if she goes to prison.

That quote about the mandible is priceless... somehow I missed it at the time. Thanks for the chuckle.

Oh Glory I love that!

That is the best when he tries not to laugh Judge Perry, i saw it live, and I love the poster that did the little cartoon of Mr. B picture of Mickey Mouse, asking do you like them square!! PRICELESS!!

That should be sent to Judge Perry so he might have another little chuckle!

So is striving for excellence. I like that one better.

True enough, although I personally don't see them as mutually exclusive. You can have high standards and strive for excellence yet still succumb to or at least acknowledge the human condition and human frailty -- and still be considered a stellar human being. Sometimes a little snark is needed to break the tension with laughter or to make a point.

It is my understanding that they can come back with second degree murder as a lesser included offense to first degree murder. Hopefully someone with more legal knowledge will weigh in.

but they can only vote 2nd only if its in the instructions,if it is not included they can not vote 2.that was my understanding from the lawyer.

They are taking calls on HLN..I always wonder if anyone from WS calls or has called. Anyone know?

I wish someone would and tell Jean C. that there was no chlorine used in the Anthony's pool, as many people are still calling in with that question.

Objection!

Argumentative.

Sustained.

Please limit your questions only to the issues raised......which would be testimony of Day 19 of Trial........right?

I have a question and I wasn't really sure where to put it... Does anyone think that GA plans on changing his story when he takes the stand to save ICA?? The reason I ask is because I felt like something was not quite right the other day in court when CA testified. The day she mouthed "I love you" to ICA. When CA went back to her seat there appeared to be tension between her and GA...IMO

From KC's cupid.com profile, courtesy of acandyrose:

"My motto...
live for the future, forget the past."

Ain't it the truth?

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_Casey-cupid-com052008.htm

More from the above site, below. So when did Baez "find out" Caylee died 6/16/08?

July 21, 2008

Orange County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Sgt. John Allen
2500 West Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32804

Re: State of Florida v. Casey M. Anthony

Dear Sgt. Allen:

The purpose of this letter is to be clear about out willingness to fully cooperate with any and all law enforcement agencies regarding the above-referenced matter.

While I cannot compel or advise my client to make any statements that could possibly incriminate her, we are will to cooperate fully with law enforcement, in the event that law enforcement uncovers certain leads in which my client's involvement can be of beneficial assistance towards the finding of Caylee Anthony.

My office is at your disposal. Should the need arise for immediate contact with my client, please reach me on my cell phone so I can make myself available at any time.

Please bear in mind that our assistance should be used for finding Caylee, and not for prosecuting my client.

Should there be any way we can be of assistance under the aforesaid circumstances, please do not hesitate to contact the firm at the numbers listed below.

Sincerely,

Jose A. Baez, Esq.

Personally, I haven't been able to contain the giggles in anticipation of the DT getting slaughtered tomorrow. :giggle::lol::skip::laughcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose