2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP...I suck at this...how do I find the trunk stain picture...please PM so I can figure it out

Here ya go: the original is on the left. Thanks to one of our sleuthers [flourish], he/she made it more clear. It's HEARTWRENCHING because it's so blatantly clear that she was there.. it just friggin hurts like hell.

: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6581612&postcount=1114"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.02.16 Document Release: Stain on Trunk Liner[/ame]

There are those who'll defend Dr.TH's inability to pronounce things as being outside his area of expertise. However, he was portrayed (by himself and by JB) as an expert in a variety of disciplines - and was testifying under oath in a manner, as he knew, that would determine how justice for a murdered child was meted out by law

So whilst excuses might be attempted on Dr. TH's behalf by some - what the jury will remember (because they will identify) was the 'expert's' inability to pronounce the names of 'scientific stuff ' (which many jury members may well be conversant with and well able to pronounce)

Dr. TH might have believed he was displaying 'boyish' charm as he smiled, chuckled and stumbled over the 'big words' -- but in the eyes of the jury and general observers, he simply appeared INexpert, unqualified and a quack, imo, quite apart from the fact he was exposed by the State as an arrogant pretender -- who demonstrated conceit and preparedness to testify in areas in which he wasn't qualified, knowing as he did so that he was influencing a trial seeking justice for a child's murder

Boast and pretend at work, at home, online, by all means. But anyone who demonstrates willingness to do so in a court of law should be charged with attempt to pervert the course of justice, imo

I could not thank this post enough. Best post of the day! Remaining experts should read this before testifying. :woohoo:

I was too busy trying to transcribe what was happening and didnt get to see if anyone posted from the tweets in the courtroom....anyone know?

would love to know what actually happened!

The only thing I saw (and I was NOT glued here the entire time) was JB hitting the mic with his pad of paper when he turned the page. It made a pretty loud sound and was startling.

That's all I know.

Salem

The only thing I saw (and I was NOT glued here the entire time) was JB hitting the mic with his pad of paper when he turned the page. It made a pretty loud sound and was startling.

That's all I know.

Salem

:floorlaugh:

Same thing happened to me yesterday when the DNA expert was testifying! I actually thought I had dozed off and knocked something on the desk over. Nope, it was Baez barreling into the mic on his way to the giant sketchpad.

Did anyone hear Nancy Grace? Did she say the bug guy was hired before the remains of Caylee were found?

Did anyone hear Nancy Grace? Did she say the bug guy was hired before the remains of Caylee were found?

I didn't see NG (too busy reading and watching today's video trying to catch up on today's trial) but Dr.H testified that he was hired by LKB on Dec 11, 2008 (the day Caylee was found, but her remains had not yet been identified). :crazy:

I think she did because my mom called me exclaiming the same thing. Had to calm mom down and explain that LKB waited at least an hour after they found the remains.

Not from NG, but from here & bug guy. Bug Guy hired day Caylee's remains were found, 12/11. But, they were not id'd to be Caylee until wk later.

PHEW! Finally made it thru this thread. Got to listen to most of the good parts in PM session with JA. Time for bed a new day tomorrow. Prayers for Caylee & all you WS'ers. :seeya:

I just rewound the Nancy Grace show and listened to some of it again...some expert said they may have hired the bug before the remains were found because of the trunk of the car.

I just rewound the Nancy Grace show and listened to some of it again...some expert said they may have hired the bug before the remains were found because of the trunk of the car.

Who ever it was didn't watch the testimony today.
Dr Huntington said his first involvement with this case was when LKB called him on 12/11/08. The day the remains were found.

Dr Huntington said his first involvement with this case was when LKB called him on 12/11/08. The day the remains were found.

They certainly don't waste any time. Maybe Nancy Grace had to just explain a bombshell! I thought she usually claims things that are true even if they are made out to be more outrageous than they really are.

I read many posts and many people believe this.

That the flurry of calls on the afternoon of the 16th was because Casey desperately needed a baby-sitter was my original theory, too. I thought her remark to Lee in their jailhouse conversation of (paraphrasing) "We had a deal and she's not keeping it" meant that Cindy agreed to basically raise Caylee if Casey would keep the baby.

Couple that with Tony not wanting girl babies or for Caylee to be around his apartment, plus Cindy saying she would go for custody of Caylee I think it's possible Casey went all "Susan Smith" and killed Caylee.

In some of my more charitable moments I can allow myself to believe she only meant to put her into a long, deep sleep and it was some sort of horrible accident.

Either way, I want LWOP for her. I'm not against the DP. I just think ICA having to spend all of her days alone in a cage would hurt her more. No more family time. No more lovers. No more beer and parties. No more shopping. No car. No cell phone or computer. No more being the center of attention. But she can tell all the lies she wants to her fellow inmates & C.O.s and the insects that crawl across her unmanicured toes!

That the flurry of calls on the afternoon of the 16th was because Casey desperately needed a baby-sitter was my original theory, too. I thought her remark to Lee in their jailhouse conversation of (paraphrasing) "We had a deal and she's not keeping it" meant that Cindy agreed to basically raise Caylee if Casey would keep the baby.

Couple that with Tony not wanting girl babies or for Caylee to be around his apartment, plus Cindy saying she would go for custody of Caylee I think it's possible Casey went all "Susan Smith" and killed Caylee.

In some of my more charitable moments I can allow myself to believe she only meant to put her into a long, deep sleep and it was some sort of horrible accident.

Either way, I want LWOP for her. I'm not against the DP. I just think ICA having to spend all of her days alone in a cage would hurt her more. No more family time. No more lovers. No more beer and parties. No more shopping. No car. No cell phone or computer. No more being the center of attention. But she can tell all the lies she wants to her fellow inmates & C.O.s and the insects that crawl across her unmanicured toes!

When I first heard about the flurry of calls, I thought it must have been an accident and she calling either her mom or pop to tell them and than decided not to after nobody answered. I could never stand the idea that would do it on purpose. But it happens.

That's what I''m voting for....LWOP only because if by some chance this was an accident turned cover up to make it appear there was a kidnapping (of course its absurd) I could not stand to put someone to death for it. If by chance she gets manslaughter instead, I think the sentencing would be a little to lenient for me.

Yes, he did.

Not to mention, that the entire defense team, including Dr. Henry Lee gave an interview on the street, while the CSI team was still recovering Caylee's remains, complaining that they were not allowed to cross the lines and go in that area, while it was being processed!

They even petioned the court to let them in which was denied on the basis that they {LE & Medical Examiner} did not even know who the remains were of yet.
But, they sure wanted in there in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member