2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they haven't. That's what Baez was complaining about today in court with his hundreds of phone books nonsense. And LDB said she has information from the morning of the 16th (the time frame that GA was home) that makes the possible of the accident defence impossible. (eg, ICA's IM's asking "what's up Dude?" etc.)

The complaint Baez was making about the SA's late discover with the computer CD's made it obvious - he wanted to know what he was supposed to do with it, or find anything at this late date, when he'd released his computer people. He didn't realize it was a copy of what he was given over two years ago.

So we know the prosecution has - but the Defence......:loser:

At about 5:53 on part 7 (I can't that particular one to link) ,Judge Perry says ,basically ,those were important days and I assume you had your computer expert regurgitate some of what was on the computer fo those days. JB answers "Yes,Sir"
So he must have something ,fingers crossed ...........

http://www.wftv.com/video/28313946/index.html

Apparently they haven't. That's what Baez was complaining about today in court with his hundreds of phone books nonsense. And LDB said she has information from the morning of the 16th (the time frame that GA was home) that makes the possible of the accident defence impossible. (eg, ICA's IM's asking "what's up Dude?" etc.)

The complaint Baez was making about the SA's late discover with the computer CD's made it obvious - he wanted to know what he was supposed to do with it, or find anything at this late date, when he'd released his computer people. He didn't realize it was a copy of what he was given over two years ago.

:woohoo:

BBM

IMO - Er - Umm - No! They have been able to watch that cold empty face six days a week, they've watched her laugh inappropriately, flirt with her attorneys, make her very best effort to cry when she thought she should be doing that. And best of all, they know she did nothing to help her child, did nothing but party and shag around for 31 days before CA caught up with her. The jury feel sorry for her? Not a chance.

AND they've seen her on the jailtapes videos claiming that Jose Baez was heavensent, Johnnie Cochran incarnated!

what if all this testimony is wasted because of juror #4? I know I worry about her more than others but I cannot believe she was allowed on the jury when others were excused for far less reasons.

She did admit on one of the clips I heard as I was fritzing around tonight that ICA was declared indigent so she wouldn't be paid. That little admission shocked me, coming from her.

No snark.. real question. How can someone who made $200,000 in 2008 be declared indigent? Let's say I made $60,000 in 2008 working, would I qualify as indigent? Does Capitol Murder have a different qualification for indigent?

I've been searching for the past 45 mins and cannot locate what I thought began my curiosity on the odd acquittal process (via mistrial w/ dbl jeopardy twist). I thought it was at the end of a Bill S recap video in the past few days due to the DT antics with their 'reports'...and HHJP being backed into a corner. Unfortunately I am not able to locate a link at this time. :pullhair:
But, I do know it was being discussed in sidebar the same day.
I'm getting bleary eyed now, but will look again tomorrow.
:eek:fftobed::thud:

It was from 6/20/11 sidebar I believe. Do a search for all posts with "double jeopardy."

Copied from that thread:

BigFatMommyDog
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLady2
Why would he want a mistrial, when an acquittal would be better for his client? Wouldn't there be another trial somewhere down the road? (I should ask this in the lawyer's thread.)
I'm not trying to take up for him, by any means, I just think he is not cut out for this kind of case and really thinks he can get by with these little infractions. Some people are just not cut out for it.

He may not think he can get an acquittal without getting iffy testimony in ( and good bit of what we've seen of it tends to be rather specious IMHO).

Mistrial may offer the opportunity for double jeopardy to apply (that's been debated sixteen ways to midnight today and there are various posts that detail the scenarios in this thread somewhere)

But what I think he is doing is throwing the judges need to protect the rightt of the accused back at him and say - "see I don't need to abide by the rules of the court because doing so disadvantages my client - and you can't do a damn thing about it..." or else it will be a mistrial/appeal-able. That's the hostage situation, or Catch22 if you will

AND while im OT and yammering...
Miss James, LogicalGirl, RR0004 . . . .
there are sooo many people on here from first thing in the AM till late late at night..

Do none of us have LIVES or JOBS?

By a show of hands.. who has been here since first thing this morning?!

I just keep my PC on (and logged in to WS).

This case is so interesting but the timing is lousy! I'm going to bed (in Aus) when you're all getting up and I always wait for the sidebar thread to be created and then, it's bed time unfortunately. First thing in the morning I check WS for the previous days court action.

Right now it's 6.40 pm, dinner's finished and eaten, still have to do the dishes and bath our son, catch up on the days court proceedings and hit the hay.

I was looking at the Wikipedia listing for The Body Farm over the weekend, and saw by looking at the history entries that the information regarding William Rodriguez being a co-founder was added early this year.

An old revision notation made 20 January 2011 showed that only Mr Bass as a founder.

Whereas, an old revision of this page, as edited by 74.76.128.228 (talk) at 03:43, 26 February 2011 showed this change:

"University of Tennessee at Knoxville

The original "Body Farm" is the University of Tennessee Anthropological Research Facility located a few miles from downtown off of Alcoa Highway in Knoxville, Tennessee, behind the University of Tennessee Medical Center. It was first started in late 1981 by anthropologists William M. Bass and Bill Rodriguez as a facility for study of the decomposition of human remains. Anthropologist Dr. William M. Bass became head of the university's anthropology department in 1971, and as official state forensic anthropologist for Tennessee he was frequently consulted in police cases involving decomposed human remains. Since no facilities existed that specifically studied decomposition, in 1981 he opened the department's first body farm."

You can tell by the wording in the last sentence above that someone was not very careful when they attempted to state that Rodriguez was a co-founder.

That listing was changed again back to Bass being the single founder on June 19th of this year.

Anyhow, my question for whoever might remember is, a few weeks ago, there was a similar Wikipedia change of information regarding one of the witnesses, I believe. Does anyone remember who it was?

I believe it was abour Dr. Vass being a chemist..seriously..not overusing the old JB line

I think they did look at the dates but at the time they did the information on the hard drive was irrelevant. Until very recently I believe they were still planning on using a SODDI defense.

Something that's bothering me - yesterday when JB was arguing the hard drive to HHJP he stated 'But I never said what time she died.' I think he really does not want to be pinned down for a timeframe. I just can't wrap my head around why yet. :waitasec:

WFTV reporting (live) that April W's parents told them ICA and AW talked but only talked about "stupid" things.

Can anyone tell me why after that cute little exchange between the accused and her attorney, that she just has to point to the door she is to exit right after the guard has pointed to said door????Drives me insane, sorry.:banghead:

Several of us were discussing getting copies of the sidebar transcripts. Can someone point us in the right direction of getting them?

Can anyone tell me why after that cute little exchange between the accused and her attorney, that she just has to point to the door she is to exit right after the guard has pointed to said door????Drives me insane, sorry.:banghead:

cause she's in charge

"I'm going thru that door there.'

Oh my- I just realized this is YESTERDAY'S sidebar thread. Please mosie on over to today's sidebar. Locking this one.

Here's the link to today's

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140976"]2011.06.22 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-five) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea