2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said the pros should let it lie. I think they should impeach her and charge her with perjury. They are not above the law and should be treated like everyone else who lies on the stand. Maybe that's one of the big reasons the Anthonys are what they are. They may have gotten away with it in the past but enough is enough.

After the case is over the SAs may very well pursue charges against the Anthonys for perjury, obstruction etc and I agree that legally they would have every justification for doing so but I think RIGHT NOW during the trial, if they go after them all guns blazing and attack them on the stand they could open the door to even more outrageous statements and outbursts. I just see a real risk there that it might serve to give an importance or weight to their lies in the eyes of the jury that they don't merit. MOO.

When people are trying to extricate themselves from abusive and/or codependent relationships they will often vacillate; e.g. call the police one day and fight to drop all charges the next. I wonder (charitably, because I am very annoyed) if CA is going through something like that, honestly wanting to let go of ICA and to peer into the abyss at the terrible truth, but constantly getting sucked back into the ICA vortex. After the agony she was clearly in a couple of weeks ago I can imagine a state of denial would have its charms.

But I am still very annoyed with her and pray she hasn't jeopardized justice.

I don't understand how some expect the prosecution to prove the unprovable though. Caylee was skeletonized. There's a limit to the evidence you can collect and what you can prove. Matter of death though, in my opinion, is clear.

Has there ever been a case where a child drowned and the parents hid the body instead of calling 911? I'm googling but I'd appreciate the help.

:seeya: Good morning, everyone!

I felt so exhausted after the trial thread closed yesterday that I had dinner and went to bed. This trial is unlike any I have ever watched! It has a tendency to make you run through the entire list of emotions, doesn't it? I experience them all every day with this trial. It leaves me exhausted.

I left here yesterday so angry at Cindy. I feel she outright lied on the witness stand. She doesn't want Casey to get the death penalty and I understand that, but she did commit perjury, IMO. I am afraid what else she may come up with now, and there is still George and Lee waiting in the wings.

I appreciate all of the comments and information from all of you. I watch the trial and read the threads but do not post much during the day. Reading everyone else's reactions to the testimony helps me to put my thoughts and reactions in perspective.

Please let this be a good day at trial for Caylee and the truth. Please let this be a good day for the State.

Remember today is the day Jose Baez has to tell the Judge where is he with his CIC so the State can have their rebuttal ready to go.

MountainKat, great post and I so hope those jurors are thinking like you are. I so hope they can see that CA is a mother trying hard to save her daughters life but what better way to sabatoge it than to lie...There's nothing like the truth to help free your soul. She will continue to live her lonesome life living in great denial. It appears she can't help herself and the more detail she added, the more I saw ICA...this is how ICA became who she is..these folk have such low integrity and great character flaws..I hope they truly sleep well at night...I still think this trial became the scenario for a book/movie deal. What better way to sensationalize when this trial became a trial of GA with all those salicous details..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Great post, and I believe the jurors will discount her testimony as that of a mother trying to save her child. I hope the prosecution doesn't get too bogged down into this rabbit hole, it is distracting from all the relevant evidenec in this case.

When people are trying to extricate themselves from abusive and/or codependent relationships they will often vacillate; e.g. call the police one day and fight to drop all charges the next. I wonder (charitably, because I am very annoyed) if CA is going through something like that, honestly wanting to let go of ICA and to peer into the abyss at the terrible truth, but constantly getting sucked back into the ICA vortex. After the agony she was clearly in a couple of weeks ago I can imagine a state of denial would have its charms.

But I am still very annoyed with her and pray she hasn't jeopardized justice.

I would have to say no as she and the whole family have had THREE long years to think about this.

Morning all!

I agree. I personally think she's been sitting back there in the court room taking notes so that she can come up with (false) solutions to the problem(s) mentioned in court. For example, saying that SHE did the searches. I also think she tossed in that "bamboo" comment as an "extra" since Casey "supposedly" used the neighbors shovel to dig up a bamboo root. So, she's trying to cover that aspect for Casey too. Making that excuse look legit.

I had a feeling "something" was gonna go down because that's the usual pattern of Cindy. She does something that seems like she has finally come to her senses (i.e., says she doesn't think Casey is innocent) then turns around and does something foolish (i.e., lies for Casey). I for one wasn't shocked by her "new" testimony yesterday. It was typical Cindy. JMO

If CA is telling the truth about these searches (which I don't believe she is), and if she's telling the truth about the stain in the trunk (which I also don't think she is), wouldn't she have jumped at the chance to tell LE all these things PRIOR to yesterday? While I don't know what she said in her deposition, I can tell from LDB's reactions yesterday, that this all came as a complete surprise to HER. Why is that, I wonder? Could it be that this is something CA and JB just thought up? I think it's a definite possibility. And, since we know that CA, GA and JB were spotting talking in the hallway the other day...and since it's quite a coincidence that Lippman made his statement about the A's not thinking their daughter is innocent, and just wanting the truth, the VERY day CA testifies that SHE did the computer searches for chloroform...well, let's just say I'm sceptical.

Good morning to all. I, like many of you here, didn't sleep well last night. I am just weary and ready for this to be over. I can't quit now, too much invested. BUT I will never get this emotionally involved in a case again. Takes too much of a toll on me as I am more an emotional reactor, vs. logical thinker.
NG and other former prosecutors last night were saying they did not believe the state would EVER prosecute Cindy for perjury. That it is more or less expected that the mother of a defendant will lie to protect their child. I guess that's something to remember if ever one of my children do something heinous.
I wish I could muster sympathy for the As. I sympathize that they have lost their granddaughter, but I CANNOT SYMPATHIZE with their behaviour. And it is precisely their behaviour that makes he harden my heart towards them.
Let's pray for a good day for the prosecution and Team Caylee.

After the case is over the SAs may very well pursue charges against the Anthonys for perjury, obstruction etc and I agree that legally they would have every justification for doing so but I think RIGHT NOW during the trial, if they go after them all guns blazing and attack them on the stand they could open the door to even more outrageous statements and outbursts. I just see a real risk there that it might serve to give an importance or weight to their lies in the eyes of the jury that they don't merit. MOO.

NancyA, I have always thought the Anthonys should be charged with Obstruction (and now perjury for Cindy). George and Cindy both knew the vehicle smelled of decomposition. Cindy then proceeded to try to hide that smell, wash clothing, etc. IMO, they both knew what the smell indicated. As for George, he never should have driven that vehicle out of the tow yard knowing full well what he smelled.

At this point, nothing would surprise me as to what the DT or the Anthonys might do or say. I feel the Anthonys are working hand and hand with the DT.

I think they will anyway, Nancy. Whether the SA do it now or later. If they want to "save" Casey, they will continue to lie and yes, there will be even more outrageous statements and outbursts. George Anthony testified that he would lie to save his daughter. That says it all. I think the jury should be made aware of this.

If CA is telling the truth about these searches (which I don't believe she is), and if she's telling the truth about the stain in the trunk (which I also don't think she is), wouldn't she have jumped at the chance to tell LE all these things PRIOR to yesterday? While I don't know what she said in her deposition, I can tell from LDB's reactions yesterday, that this all came as a complete surprise to HER. Why is that, I wonder? Could it be that this is something CA and JB just thought up? I think it's a definite possibility. And, since we know that CA, GA and JB were spotting talking in the hallway the other day...and since it's quite a coincidence that Lippman made his statement about the A's not thinking their daughter is innocent, and just wanting the truth, the VERY day CA testifies that SHE did the computer searches for chloroform...well, let's just say I'm sceptical.
BBM
This was not just recently thought up. This was evidentally verbally choreographed between Baez and Cindy. Cindy knew what he was going to ask and came researched and ready with her answers. Looking up chlorophyll originally for her dog that was not well turned into looking it up for her ill dog that was also "tired" all the time. That additional fact plays way too neatly with a reason to specifically look up chloroform. She answers "yes" to Baez' did you look up chloroform querry so quickly that he barely had time to finish his sentence.
There is no debate about it. She lied. Over and over again. I was initially dissappointed that Linda D.B. didn't grill her more but on further analysis, I think Linda knew what she was up against and decided to cut her losses and get out. Better to impeach her in the state's rebuttal case. The state is used to the scenario of the lying relative trying to save their own. Have faith in this talented and hard working prosecution team. They'll know what to do. In the words of our HHJP, "this ain't their first rodeo" either.

Hello everyone. I'm a new member! I've been following this case since the very beginning and have been a serious lurker on here for the same number of years! I watched Cindy's testimony yesterday and was utterly shocked and dismayed. I immediately signed up to be a member because I cannot do this alone. I would like to offer and receive prayers/support as we are in the latter stages of the trial. The miserable attempts by the defense team and the Anthony family to destroy innocent people in order to save their sociopathic daughter are simply draining. I can barely think about my life outside of this case. I've invested too much and desperately want Justice for our precious angel Caylee.

I hope that Cindy's testimony, in some Divine way, actually helps the State by allowing the jury to see just how dysfunctional and destructive this family is. They will not think twice about breaking every law there is to achieve their twisted and morally bankrupt goals. I pray and hope that the same Divine Grace that led Caylee's little remains to be found, the same Grace that led one of the best judges in the world to become part of this case, the same Grace that has provided us with some of the best prosecutors in this world will also ensure that Caylee Marie Anthony will have justice in a few weeks and that all of us, who have invested so much in this case, will finally get much-needed closure.

My prayers and support to each and every one of you.

I want to bake, clean, read and get some exercise before today's events later. Will be here for the entire day!

Rose.

So glad you're here! :seeya:

:welcome4:

CA's testimoney reminds me so much of Scott Peterson's mother, when she testified about why Scott had $15,000 dollars on him when he was arrested (the assumption by most normal people was that he was about to run to Mexico). She went into some convoluted explanation about how she accidentally deposited money into the wrong bank account, and so she ended up getting cash and giving it to Scott, or something to that effect. It was ridiculous, pathetic and sad. And look where Scott is today.

Morning all!

I agree. I personally think she's been sitting back there in the court room taking notes so that she can come up with (false) solutions to the problem(s) mentioned in court. For example, saying that SHE did the searches. I also think she tossed in that "bamboo" comment as an "extra" since Casey "supposedly" used the neighbors shovel to dig up a bamboo root. So, she's trying to cover that aspect for Casey too. Making that excuse look legit.

I had a feeling "something" was gonna go down because that's the usual pattern of Cindy. She does something that seems like she has finally come to her senses (i.e., says she doesn't think Casey is innocent) then turns around and does something foolish (i.e., lies for Casey). I for one wasn't shocked by her "new" testimony yesterday. It was typical Cindy. JMO

Yes, Cindy Anthony had the "kitchen sink of excuses" yesterday. Given more time on the stand Cindy will have an excuse/lie/mistruths for every single situation. Cindy has been and will continue to be as we first saw her in July, 2008. Cindy can change her hair and her clothes but not her core.

We let our guard down (not all of us) and felt sympathy for this 'evil & vile' woman (used from another poster).

We won't be fooled again and neither will the Prosecution team. Better now while the State has time to pull their stuff together to rebutt!

BBM
This was not just recently thought up. This was evidentally verbally choreographed between Baez and Cindy. Cindy knew what he was going to ask and came researched and ready with her answers. Looking up chlorophyll originally for her dog that was not well turned into looking it up for her ill dog that was also "tired" all the time. That additional fact plays way too neatly with a reason to specifically look up chloroform. She answers "yes" to Baez' did you look up chloroform querry so quickly that he barely had time to finish his sentence.
There is no debate about it. She lied. Over and over again. I was initially dissappointed that Linda D.B. didn't grill her more but on further analysis, I think Linda knew what she was up against and decided to cut her losses and get out. Better to impeach her in the state's rebuttal case. The state is used to the scenario of the lying relative trying to save their own. Have faith in this talented and hard working prosecution team. They'll know what to do. In the words of our HHJP, "this ain't their first rodeo" either.

Well said and I agree!

BBM

Amen!!!

Cindy will continue to lie, so be it. I just don't think she should be able to profit off of anything. No book or movie deals. Lie to prevent a murderer from getting a fair sentence. Lie to give yourself a clear conscious of not implicating your daughter, lie under oath, lie to the public. Ok fine Cindy, lie all you want but don't collect a dime for any of it.

OH, and when she was crying up on the stand, I never bought that. Go listen to the first few minutes...she sounded so condescending and phony.

I can't say things I want to about her, like her mean facial expressions, which by the way, scares the bejeebers out of me. I don't want to get a time out.

Nancy Grace said the State has the record keeper for Cindy's work on the witness list. This was just on GMA.

good morning all.....Blessings!! Sing Baby Caylee, SING!!
(I promise to be good today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member