2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting here trying to make sense out of what happened today and it reminded me of when JB left unexpectedly during jury selection and we spent the afternoon speculating and speculating some more about what had happened and the next morning it was business as usual.

:maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening:

P.S. - that seems like eons ago to me:banghead:

My guess in listening and watching Lee in the last while? Saying what I would probably be saying at that moment - don't touch me - don't you dare touch me...
He has just watched his mother walk very close to the perjury line to try and save ICA's skin like she has always done. He apparently knew Baez was going to try to raise the "parents thought he was maybe the child's father?" Geez would you fall into your mother's arms right after testifying about being emotionally shut out by your parents because they were catering to ICA?

I can tell you I would not. And we know he had lunch by himself that day apparently because he wanted to.

I did not know he had lunch by himself that day..Sounds like there may be a big riff there..I just don't know what to make of Lee's emotions..

Yes, Mark Nejame was the Anthonys original attorney but he quit in November 2008 (if I recall correctly).

Brad Conway (in wheelchair) took over after that...Anthonys eventually split with him over drama as well...

This attorney, Mark Lippman, their third, was actually the attorney who was handling the foreclosure on their home on Hopespring and who eventually agreed to represent them in this manner as well. So far, he is the only one who seems to have been able to control Cindy in the media.....so far....

Thank you, did they keep the home, I think so if CA said she still has the pool and Casey's little play house up, do either of them work, just wondering how they can pay lawyer fees and housing etc with no work.

Well, to be fair, after Lee leaves the stand the video doesn't show when he first goes to his parents...there is a time between 7:55 to 8:25 that the camera is not on them. For all we know, one or both parents did or tried to comfort him. Maybe he just wanted to be left alone? Maybe they hugged him and we didn't see? Some men don't like to be 'comforted' when they are upset, and they will just push away. For 30 seconds we have no video on them.

Maybe..I just see no warmth there..maybe it's because I'm nothing like Cindy thank The Lord! I wanted to hug the boy and I still think his priority is Casey..

From here @ the 7:30 mark until the end..Lee gets off the stand at lunch recess and is standing w/his parents and their attorney at the back of the courtroom..IF his emotions were not preplanned or contrived somebody tell me why neither parent reaches to comfort him..George hugs Cindy..Cindy hugs George not in this vid, but we've seen it many times..So which is it?..Cold as ice parents or they were expecting the emotion so it doesn't bother them? Someone PLEASE watch this and tell me whether you find it as troubling as I do..

YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Part 5 - 6/24/11 (Cindy & Lee Anthony)‬‏

Yes, I just watched it and found it strange. What was more telling to me though was the crying ICA was doing and when he walked off, I see anger in her face. She gives someone a look. Perhaps a he didn't take the fall look??
JMO

I think Lee may be on the verge, I posted it. I did not say that is why trial was postponed though, it is just an observation.

I must say that Cindy would never notice if Lee was suicidal though, just my personal observation, I could be wrong. Her actions would never reflect it, nor her knowledge. Just personal experience speaking.

Was not suggesting trial did not continue b/c of that as I know very well better.

Just hoping Lee is okay, sorry if it was misunderstood.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sadly, the focus of this trial has now turned to the A's soap opera drama. It needs to get back to Caylee, the ONLY victim. I hope Judge Perry restores order in that court room. Enough of the circus.

Well, to be fair, after Lee leaves the stand the video doesn't show when he first goes to his parents...there is a time between 7:55 to 8:25 that the camera is not on them. For all we know, one or both parents did or tried to comfort him. Maybe he just wanted to be left alone? Maybe they hugged him and we didn't see? Some men don't like to be 'comforted' when they are upset, and they will just push away. For 30 seconds we have no video on them.

Lippman went forward to meet him and walked behind him to the back door where George and Cindy were, and it was as soon as they walked out of the door into the hallway that Lee had what Magpie described as a complete breakdown that was apparently pretty awful.
"They" got him out of the way into a side room before anyone came out of the courtroom for lunch.

Thanks for the WELCOME. I'm a lurked of many, many years. Just decided today that I had held my tongue as long as possible without biting it off.

There's a great line from a great movie, "If you can't say something nice, then come sit by me." LOL

Welcome. :)

If I may "flesh" out your comment a bit - Lee testified on the stand he did not meet with the DT before the trial. And he got in touch with Baez to ask him specifically a question about something that came up in a conversation with his parents. A question....

Oh, I thought he said he did meet with the DT..just not regarding a particular subject matter...Maybe my brain is mush..I remember JA saying something about he never would agree to meet with them..

Ok I finally watched youtube video of the whole thing in court today and it is all very weird...something CM brought up, to be sure...
Something that made the judge cancel court right away, as he seems to leave with the court reporter and all 5 attorneys wait around in a circle, like a basketball team, until he returns...

He was taking the Court Reporter into the jury room to explain he was letting them go until Monday.Anytime a judge talks to the jury it has to be on the record.
JMO

Good grief girl! Where have you been? We have never seen him out of a wheelchair - he is a paraplegic!

The only place I ever saw Conway was in a deposition with the Morgan and Morgan attorneys. All you could tell in that video is he was sitting down, but it only showed his upper body.

Lippman went forward to meet him and walked behind him to the back door where George and Cindy were, and it was as soon as they walked out of the door into the hallway that Lee had what Magpie described as a complete breakdown that was apparently pretty awful.
"They" got him out of the way into a side room before anyone came out of the courtroom for lunch.

Couldn't Cindy see that? ..and if so..why stand there and not touch him at least that we can see..I must be an over protective mama even though my kids are grown, lol!

Perfect example of how everyone sees and apparently hears things differently. Do you really think that a State prosecutor would LIE about receiving a phone call from the DOD in this case? In any case? Something that could be proven in about 2 seconds?

Yes... jmoo.

Yes, I just watched it and found it strange. What was more telling to me though was the crying ICA was doing and when he walked off, I see anger in her face. She gives someone a look. Perhaps a he didn't take the fall look??
JMO

Thank You! The whole exchange was odd to me and has bothered the heck out of me since I saw it happen..

I've watched the WESH youtube from this morning in piece by piece detail. These are my own personal observations... I'm not an expert in any shape or form. This morning's events were VERY unusual to me and IMO the following really stuck out:

"All DT Employee Meeting" before 9am court in ICA's room... some talking heads said HHJB was present (SA was not) but I don't think that is true... I think it was just the DT. The Busy Asst. DT guy was in and out of the court room alot (I'm going to call him "BDTG"). When the "meeting" is over ICA does NOT appear to be upset when she enters the court room (same blank face).

When court "attempted" to start JA had objections about witness, JB was pizzed but it appeared that JB was "ready to work" today; witnesses ready outside, yada, yada, yada... (SOP)... I didn't get the impression that he was expecting whatever CM had to say to HHJB. (IMO if CM wanted to leave due to illness then one might expect CM to give JB professional courtesy head's up). ICA was still sitting with the standard blank face. If CM was leaving I'd expect even ICA to be nervous and fidgety.
Just before the sidebar, BDTG hands a few (appears to be 2 or 3 stapled papers). JB appeared to want to read it right then but he had to get up for the side bar, when JB walked up to the side bar he was reading them and it was already flipped to the next page. Then BDTG hands HHJB's clerk what appeared to be a burnt orange colored envelope approx. 3"x6" in size.

HHJB had called for MCReporter, CM appears to indicate she isn't needed ("does not want or need it on record?")... which is odd, JA shakes his head like ("are you sure she shouldn't be here?")... ICA appears to lean over to DS and ask what it's about.
CM starts to speak, JB rolls up the papers and interrupts CM by tapping him on the arm. JB appears upset like ("Man... com'on").... CM pats him on the shoulder, appears to say, "No, don't worry about that right now" and continues to speak to group. JB insists... HHJB smirks and shakes his head and then bows it for an extended time like ("this is unbelievable").
CM & JB walk away from group very briefly... JA & LDB step back a little, LDB looks dismayed, JA turns away towards the empty jury box, raises his eyebrows, nods his head up & down in rapid succession mumbling to himself like ("OK... but OMG, OMG, OMG... this is unbelievable")
CM & JB walk back, CM starts to speak, JB pats him on the back with the papers still in his hand and looks up at him respectfully. JB doesn't look upset anymore. HHJB nods his head slightly, purses his lips (SOP) and continues to have his ever present smile. HHJB nods his head again and appears to say, "Alright then".... the group breaks, JB bolts quickly, JA turns his back briefly, CM appears to graciously motion for LDB to join him for a second... ICA still appears blank and clueless.
HHJB steps down, says "Nah" to the man in the red shirt that sits by his chambers it looks like he is moving towards ICA's room but I don't see where he actually goes, he never passes in front of the CA camera. I think HHJB may have gone through the middle door (that apparently also connects to ICA's room)... the SA team sits in their seats and continue to look dismayed, another All DT Employee meeting in ICA's room....

The HHJB and All Employee DT meeting members (minus HHJB) return to the court room via the middle door behind the DT because they don't walk out of ICA's. The SA walk toward HHJB's chamber. ICA walks out of her room, sits down, fiddles with something under the table and begins to read a document that is sitting on the table. She doesn't look particularly upset but something in her expression has changed.
CM and JB are chatting to themselves, JB whispers something to CM, JB raises his eyebrows and nods his head alot like ("this is going to be a sh**storm"), CM appears cool & collected. LDB still looks dismayed and points to what appears to be one the DT's blow up exhibits, JA smiles and shakes his head like ("unfreakingbeliveable")...

CM reaches for LDB and motions for the SA to join them and they begin their 5 member "pow wow". CM begins speaking, LDB still has her arms folded, JA & FG have their hands in their pockets, JA nods his head up slightly & very quickly like ("Oh really") at something CM says then continues to look at them over the top of his glasses. LDB appears to ask FG a question and he responds with raised eyebrows and appears to say, ("I don't know"). CM says something with a shake of his head, JB rolls his neck and begins to stare at the ceiling, FG now folds his arms and looks more intently at CM.
The "pow-wow" starts to break up just as ICA finishes reading the document, she reaches down and grabs a tissue (this is where the obsessive nose cleaning begins - still zero tears). I'm thinking maybe she has a cold because her head was down for so long and if there is one thing I do know about very well from personal experience it is sinus function (sparing you the details). The "summit" appears to have agreed on something and motion for MCR to follow them into a room behind the DT's table. As CM is walking in the door he looks toward someone at the DT table (not DS or ICA), shakes his head, points down, waves his hand and appears to say, ("No. Sit/stay here").
Thus begins the "official" DT/SA summit with HHJB assumed to be present. ICA now has a morphed her expression into what I can best describe as an intensely thinking, very worried but still in a bit of a zombie like state. DS is working next to her, doesn't look worried or seem to make a big deal out of anything including the nose marathon, later she does appear to ask ICA if she is OK to which ICA responds, "yeah"... and begins to read what I assume is the live transcript on DS's computer. MM comes over to ICA and says something that elicits a response from ICA that appears to be ("Yea, that's what I was talking about"). ICA kinda dismisses her with a wave of her index finger, MM starts to walk away, ICA continues reading, MM evidently tells ICA from the door that she needs to come with her now into her room. ICA gets up and follows MM. DS stays, BDTG watches ICA leave but Mediator with the glasses doesn't' move an inch or acknowledge ICA (seemed odd to me since she is always so attentive to ICA). I'm guessing she is reading the live transcript too and she also looks concerned.

Meanwhile.... CA holds court of her own in the gallery by chatting up the guy next to her and totally ignoring GA (SOP).... GA also appears to have a bit of a cold and begins his own nose marathon.... Glasses eventually stops reading, chats with one of the other girls for a bit, gets up, takes her laptop with her and moves into ICA's seat next to DS.

ICA returns from her room with MM (none of the DT's acknowledge her), Glasses moves again, ICA takes her seat and begins reading from DS's laptop again. ICA's expression has now changed back to the standard blank stare, she doesn't have that intense look of concern...
A few blurry members of the Summit briefly return to the court room and begin busily moving around, ICA looks up at them, returns to reading, DS closes her laptop but ICA doesn't stop staring as if it was still open (only lasted for about second but it was obvious and very odd... as if her brain didn't immediately register it was closed). She fixes her gaze on the middle of the court room then appears to begin observing whoever was moving around in front of her (no longer in zombie mode), mumbles something to someone... Then in the span of a few seconds the following happens... the worried look begins to return to her face, DS opens her laptop again, ICA begins to read again, DS closes it again, ICA continues to stare at it a second too long again, looks away towards the people busily moving about from the middle door, turns back and begins to stare at the closed laptop, her breathing notably increases...
The Summit is still operating behind the middle door. ICA suddenly appears to "snap out of zombie mode" and begins speaking to DS with what appears to be intense subject matter. DS still looks cool and collected, with concern but not with the same "motherly" intensity she usually provides, DS appears to be in major professional mode. DS seems to concur/affirm repeatedly with whatever ICA is telling her, ICA looks really worried when she finally finishes speaking to DS and now DS looks a little dismayed.
DS starts texting, ICA watches her, BDTG takes a note to the clerk and evidently begins a conversation... DS & ICA watch them, ICA looks worried.
JB is the first to return to the courtroom slightly ahead of everyone (only person with docs his hands), CM follows, ICA keeps her eyes on JB the entire time, CM walks behind ICA & DS over to BDTG... worth noting that CM lightly touched the back of ICA's chair to get by but even with the opportunity he did not acknowledge her or give her the usual pat. CM appears to be giving BDTG instructions to do something, BDTG's eyes appear to be watching JB's movements while CM is speaking.
JB walks over to the DT table with two copies of a document that has a large image in the bottom right corner (looks like a piece of equipment to me), he is speaking to BDTG about it, ICA and DS just watch. JB starts to walk away with the copies.

HHJB walks up to the DT (right in front of ICA), LDB meets him there, HHJB grabs JB's arm and turns him around. HHJB appears to be giving JB & LDB instructions. JB nods in agreement, HHJB turns (effervescent smile still present), JB tosses the copies on the DT where he sits (odd that he did not just carry them), everyone stands for HHJB to return to the bench....

HHJB gives his announcement; unrelated legal matter, recess until Monday, yada, yada.... ICA is back in Zombie mode. HHJB looks very serious... the "MCR we got somthin that we gotta do" with the flick of his finger and how quickly he jumped down off the bench and seriously marched across the court room (I've never seen him move that fast) screams to me that this is MAJOR...

CM is seated right next to JB who is standing, they never exchange a word, JB begins speaking over ICA to DS, ICA begins speaking to CM behind JB... BDTG looks like he is going to vomit (seriously).
FG is pacing a little and is on the phone with someone. HHJB has to touch his arm to get by and to keep from being run over. Smile is back on HHJB's face and he wasn't with the jury long.
This is what REALLY stood out most to me... as HHJB passes in front of the DT he doesn't look at ICA but she looks at him with a "smile" that sent shivers down my spine, she leaned forward across the table and wached him VERY closely as he returned to the bench... I know that look & that smile, I've given it a number of times... but only to people that crossed me in a very, very bad way. That being said...

Based on that "look" alone I'm leaning towards HHJB as the potential casualty (although that doesn't explain why a few DT's appeared surprised).... or... Maybe CM demanded (yelling that was heard) that ICA change her plea with the way things are progressing?

I've posted the following in the "Legal Questions" thread to get some clarification: I just don't see HHJB stopping court & putting his convo with the jury on record if CM staged a coup and is now or wants to lead or is leaving... or if JB is fired. Is a change in attorneys that big of a deal? I can't imagine it would cause this much of a ruckus. Couldn't the judge just tell the jury the attorney has a personal matter to address and that it should not in anyway reflect poorly on the defendant?

Did you forget to mention that his regret over Caylee was palpable on the stand?

I believe he was saying I wish this hadn't happened - I wish she hadn't killed Caylee. I wish Caylee wasn't dead.

Something's weird about Lee's testimony...over the top and if that was true what he said about them leaving him out of things then why or why did they name her Caylee?? Part his name and Caseys...

Just a reminder......... in the last days we have seen twitters which do not meet our TOS. The possibility being anyone can twitter and we don't know for sure who is sending some of these. If it doesn't meet TOS don't bring it here even if the name appears to be MSM.

And only MSM tweets. NO private twitters.

Thanks.

Is Magpie from Hinky OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members