2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been discussed, but after seeing Lee on the stand, I now believe the tale about the dogs and duct tape is what he overheard in court and went running to the DT with. I am also convinced that Cindy supplied him with this, since he was only four when Mandy was buried.
New Reality TV Title:
Oh! Those Anthonys

Does anyone know what Lippman does for the Anthony's as an attorney? They don't need help deciding on testimony obviously because they can obviously lie without getting charged with perjury...so why would he coaching them regarding testimony? What does this guy do for them?

I have doubts about the DP being the penalty in any event; I don't know if JP will want to issue a DP right now, in the middle of the new Fla. ruling, etc...also Casey is then provided years of automatic appeals at the expense of the taxpayers. I know his history, but it is just my feeling that it won't happen this time. This case will be scrutinzed forever as it is, if it is a DP verdict, it will literally never go away. And Florida has a lot of DP's reduced to LWOP later on.

I could agree with you on the death penalty, but first I need a reasonable answer to one question. This was the cruel, unprovoked, and devious murder of a two year old girl. ICA appears unremorseful. If ICA did to poor sweet little Caylee does not merit the DP, then what crime does?

And, on the cost and never ending... I dare to quote HHJBP, "It is what it is."

Well isn't this interesting. LDB was really to bring up hundreds of checks ICA wrote on CA's account. Tony Pipitone got ahold of the sidebar conference.

Start at about the 2:00 mark.

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/28413553/index.html

I can't listen to this video now. What did they say? Did they say the State will argue about whether the checks KC wrote on CA's account can be brought in as evidence into the case?

I'm sure this has been discussed, but after seeing Lee on the stand, I now believe the tale about the dogs and duct tape is what he overheard in court and went running to the DT with. I am also convinced that Cindy supplied him with this, since he was only four when Mandy was buried.
New Reality TV Title:
Oh! Those Anthonys

There's irony! The Ants and reality in the same thought. The show would need to have mendacity as the theme. The good thing is, however, that you would not need a script at all. These people make everything up as they go, anyway. Don't bother with a narrator either. Nobody could begin to make sense out of them and explain it to an audience. All they seem to require is a general subject to lie about. Just turn them loose and wait for those ratings to go through the roof!

:eek::eek: Hundreds of checks? And Cindy did nothing? Bad behavior after bad behavior excused, ignored and denied, led to this road and this tragedy. No wonder GA felt the way he did. The dysfunction is staggering.

HUNDREDS of checks and something tells me that there is even more history to Casey Anthony that we'll probably never know about. She became, and has been, a criminal long before the day she committed the ultimate crime against her own precious child. No words...

My family has lived in Clearwater for generations, and the subject of Scientology around any of them usually results in at least an hour long rant.

I haven't spent much time around it, but I think you are right. I can't imagine them being allowed to show up for jury duty, much less serve.

This jury pool was chosen from Pinellas County, FL, NOT from the City of Clearwater which is the county seat and courthouse location.

The jury for Casey Anthony's highly anticipated first-degree murder trial will be picked in Pinellas County, court officials announced.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27817843/detail.html

In the State of Florida, jury pools are selected from Drivers License roles. The population of Pinellas County is just under one million people (916,542), and Scientologists membership NATIONWIDE is only around 25,000.

In 2001, the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) reported that there were 55,000 adults in the United States who consider themselves Scientologists. In 2008, the same survey team estimated there to be 25,000 Americans identifying as Scientologists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Scientology

While their world headquarters are located in the Gold Base, unincorporated Riverside County, California, the Scientologists clearly have a real estate ownership presence in, particularly, downtown Clearwater. However, representing a minor cross section of the residents’ at large living in Pinellas County, the statistical chance alone of a Scientologist member being on the jury is extremely unlikely.

:eek::eek: Hundreds of checks? And Cindy did nothing? Bad behavior after bad behavior excused, ignored and denied, led to this road and this tragedy. No wonder GA felt the way he did. The dysfunction is staggering.

This has been a long road, and I'm hazy on the details now, but there is a thread or two around here covering this.

Cindy's bank records were released, and IIRC, ICA appears to have stolen several thousand dollars over about a year, give or take, and maybe in March it appears Cindy closed down that account. There have been theories this is at least one of the things that triggered ICA and led to where we are now.

SIGH. I wish there was a chemist on that jury.

Haven't seen anything about this maybe I missed it. Who was the young man who came over to sit and talk with ICA today? They were laughing and she was like flirting. Thanks in advance.

Haven't seen anything about this maybe I missed it. Who was the young man who came over to sit and talk with ICA today? They were laughing and she was like flirting. Thanks in advance.

The one she beckoned over? A reporter tweeted that he's an intern for the defense.

I think Jose has already told the Ants attorney what the new evidence shows. Lippman has been on TV tonite trying to explain away part of it. Something about CA doing banking that day and could have gone to the house for computer searches, yada, yada

YES, I heard him throwing out a kind of alibi for tomorrow. I was in the kitchen and I ran in when I heard him trying to answer so I missed some of it. But it was something like," Cindy may have been away from the office for a portion of that day."

So I bet they have emails sent by her from the work computer before and after the time of computer searches, so they are going to say she came home briefly and then returned to work. imoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA