2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need to get on with this, Please!

it's been storming here all day and my power went out for a few minutes
a little while ago.
That's usually a sign that its going to go down again for even longer.

I live in a heavily wooded community and tree branches knock our
power out out quite often.

I will seriously cry and go crazy, if I cannot see the rest of this today.

It looks like he might have smiled behind his hands but no laugh and I didn't see his body shaking as if he was laughing.

I know JB doesn't want jury to like State but I don't think they would let dislike of either side take away from justice for Caylee.

Also, not so sure this was wise for JB to do in middle of closing. I'm sure jurors want to be done and having it so broken up doesn't help him any.

Hummm..This is suppose to be "Closing Arguments"..Not Bashing States Attny's, LE and Science...Its easy to blame to accusor..maybe its better to blame the evidence and its false results????

Correct. JA has to sit there like a professional, expressionless, like everyone else in the courtroom. There is no reason to excuse this professional of behavior that would land a spectator in jail.

His conduct this morning has been ludicrous. He might very well have just cost Kaylee the justice she deserves.

Don't you mean everyone in the court room except the defendant Casey? She is apprently permitted to make all the facial expressions, mouthed whispered nasty comments, head movements she wants to, right in front of the jury.

The rules as you said, should apply to EVERYONE.

And, btw...it's CAYLEE, not Kaylee.

Just watched JA on 3 different Camera angles of him,
He began to smile quickly put his hand to his mouth and covered his lips and squeezed his cheeks

NO Laughing !!

Exactly what I just saw, too.

Yep, Jeff Ashton LAFFED. HE WAS LAFFIN'!! :floorlaugh:

But the most salient and significant element of this minor eruption that
occurred at a crucial, significant junction in the Defense's presentation IS...

;;;That Jose Baez TOOK THE BAIT! Baez got all "hu-hu" over it. :maddening:

And so, JP is backstage chewing-out BOTH parties, methinks.

As for The Jury? This will negatively impact MORE, Jose Baez than Mr. Ashton.

Huhu.
Aloha.

Could someone tell JVM they can't have a sidebar without the judge? That makes it tricky.

@InSession
In Session Ashton is now sitting on one end of the counsel table. He will no longer be in Baez's line of sight when he's doing his closing

Legal wrangling aside, I could never do this-I've been bawling throughout this trial (& several times today), wouldn't work for a lawyer...but Casey (?, sure everyone reacts differently, but...)

JA was probably hiding a smile at that time but I do think he has some sort of nervous facial tick when it has nothing to do with reacting to something said.
As far as him drinking a lot of water, I do the same thing when I am having a panic attack. It takes my mind off of it.

HLN just ran the Chevy commercial of the new mom/baby coming home from hospital... and "You are my Sunshine...." tune in background!!!!
creepy
You don't actually think they do/did that on purpose do you????

JA has facial tics -- he appears to make involuntary facial movements and I think this is what happened and of course JB seized that moment to accuse him of laughing. His tics seem to occur around his eyes and mouth.

IMO

Whateever JA did, Jose was wrong to make it part of his talking with the jury by calling JA a name. My guess is JB is going to have to apologize in front of the jury.

he was laughing & everyone has to admit that if JB was up there calling the SA office names, calling their work fantasy, etc.

also, remember JB smirking & whispering to CM while HHJP was addressing him....JB wants respect but he doesn't give it.....wants cake and eat it too.

:goodpost:

After this recess, it sure would be great if Baez ended his statement. I am so tired of his yelling and screaming and shouting with waving arms. I am tired of his mockery of the prosecution team. As I always seem to say about Baez, please will someone tell him to sit down? HHJP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KelsMitts