2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true! I thought we'd got rid of Ol' Sparky, then someone mentioned they'd thought Eileen Wournos had been electrocuted, so I looked it up on the State's DOC website. Turns out Wournos chose lethal injection, but the chair is still an option!

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/

Doesn't suprise me at all. Most folks here in the South prefer things fried.:D

How silly of a tradition is it to offer death row inmates a special last meal?? I can't even imagine anyone being able to eat anything let alone their favorite food before being put to death.

I am almost ashamed to admitt this but this case has become an obsession to me. I have from day one followed this, however since the trial my life is as follows. Watch the entire trial all day, at night go back over what I taped on dvr and analize and look for things I didnt know before, get on websluthes read everything I possibly can about the case, watch JVM, watch Nancy Grace for about 5 minutes is all I can stomach, get back on net read case sidebar transcripts, go to bed wondering and thinking of how it did happen, where, exactly what time, what method and WHY?

I neglect some housework, I run fast erronds to store, I have put off Dr. appointments..
I am ashamed to admitt that I have even faked a massive headache to be able to stay indoors all day long and not have family come over to disturb me during trial.

I will be glad when it is over.. but then I have to adust to things being normal again.
Someone please tell me I am not the only one.
I am under Dr. orders not to work so I am home during the day but I am consumed with the trial.

You have just described my life.

A quick verdict would be very bad for the state in a DP case. They will want to show that they took their duty seriously therefore if a guilty of murder one comes down it will take longer. Can't give the DT any reason to complain, doesn't matter how good the evidence is. A compromise on lesser charges imo will be deliberated on and every point discussed and checked off taking a day or two or even 5. If not guilty they'd be back by now so imo not happening. She's guilty but they are deciding on what. The longer the better.

if she is found quilty of 1st degree murder do the jurors get to go home and then come back to determine her sentence or do they do it immediately after while still being sequestered?

Sad to say, you are not alone. I am in the same boat, even to the point of faking a migraine. I make only quick necessary trips to the store...or ask my hubby to pick something up on his way home. Oh my....I admit it, I am obsessed! I'm going to need help getting back to the real world!

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in April. Can I just say "perfect timing" and then plead the 5th.

Now I know there's something wrong with me, cause this guy is awsome lol:
Florida State Attorney General Bob Butterworth was unmoved, saying Medina's gruesome end would make killers think twice about operating in his jurisdiction.
"People who wish to commit murder, they better not do it in the State of Florida, because we may have a problem with our electric chair," he said.

I'm having a hard time watching JB's closing so I still haven't gotten through all of it even though I have watched all of the State's closing and rebuttal.

JB has no respect for the court or anyone else. Everyone is lying about Casey but Casey. I understand that it is the job of the defense to attack the evidence as presented but his implication that all that the state has manufactured evidence and that all of these people are lying to convict ICA is hugely disturbing.

IMO it is the Defense's job to insure that the defendant's rights are upheld, that they get a fair trial, to questions evidence that should be questioned but JB is making a mockery of our justice system.

GR thinks this case most resembles JBR case.......GMaB

How silly of a tradition is it to offer death row inmates a special last meal?? I can't even imagine anyone being able to eat anything let alone their favorite food before being put to death.

That infuriates me. Im sure their victims werent treated so good. Maybe casey will ask for chili with velveeta on top!:sick:

Very true! I thought we'd got rid of Ol' Sparky, then someone mentioned they'd thought Eileen Wournos had been electrocuted, so I looked it up on the State's DOC website. Turns out Wournos chose lethal injection, but the chair is still an option!

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/

That's what I understood...the inmate has a choice between the two...but I cannot believe someone would choose the electric chair...

OMG, I couldn't sleep so I just came out here, turned on InSession and they're saying something about a half hour and a verdict.

Its in a commercial now, but am I hearing correctly? My hands are shaking...

Just wondering how many of you are signed up for the text message when the verdict comes in? Just thinking about it trying to decide if that's how I want to hear the verdict. Then again, it would free up some errand time. Is there more than one site doing the text message alert?

i am signed up but i hope that the text will be, verdict is in and i'll have time to get it up on my computer in time to watch it being delivered live.

On WFTV they just reported that there were 9 months of testimony in the O.J. case, and the verdict came back in 4 hrs. I had no idea. Crazy.

Are we calculating days based on hours? I was just thinking, the jury has already deliberated for a day, if it's calculated that way.

The O.J. jury made up its mind during the trial when testimony was introduced that Det. Furman had used the N-word years before. They decided right then and there he was a racist and had it in for O.J.

There should have been a way to nullify the verdict, imo. That jury was simply awful.

We need some other method than text alert.. I have read that others as well as myself that their phone is not able to get alerts.. I do not want a text when verdict HAS been read, I need a text with the 30 minute window to rush home IF I am out.

I need a site that doesnt send "alert" but I can acutally put in my cell number and have a regular text sent to me.. I am almost at the point where I am going to ask my fellow websluthers to let me give them my cell number and they text me the 30 minute alert.

I am home today for the most part but at 445 pm I HAVE to take my daugher to cheer practice which will be from 445 to 730pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX