2011.07.10 - ABC Jaycee Dugard Special 9PM Eastern.

I will definitely buy this book and I wish the very best for her and her girls. How pretty and smart Jaycee turned out to be... she is a very unique young woman.

There's over 1,000 posts here, so forgive me if this has been discussed. I was looking for pictures of the backyard and came across this article. I'm just sick. I'm only to chapter 25 of the book (work happened), and I've not yet read if Jaycee was made to attend these parties. I do recall her talking about hearing loud music and a couple of parties - but it seems she didn't spend a lot of time talking about them. Did he have other young girls or prostitutes at the parties? Anyone know more?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epy-Phil-drug-fuelled-orgies-hillbillies.html

Finally got around to watching this tonight, well, Friday night and am so glad that I did. What a wonderful young woman she has turned out to be! It was sad to see how much pain the mom is still in (I mean aside from her happiness for Jaycee's return of course), but I also really liked how she was turning her anger into continuing to fight/question the system. I plan to buy Jaycee's book too in the near future.

I agree that Jaycee showed amazing strength. I think that she has great potential for helping others who have experienced trauma.

As I watched the show, I couldn't help but wonder how many more Jaycees there are out there. I'm a teacher, and about 20 years ago I had a student who didn't appear to be living with the right people. She was living with two men who stated that they had been "teaching her at home." She could barely read and write (at 14 years old--they said that was her age, but I think she was older), and had no school records. She was only in the school for a short time, because as soon as the administration started asking questions about custody, etc. she was removed from school. The last I heard, law enforcement was looking for them. I frequently wonder what became of her.

The other child I thought of was Nyleen Kay Marshall.

shebbear, I also believe that there is a strong possibility these types of situations are happening more than we may really know at this time. It is truly frightening. But, if it can happen to the kids that we do know about (Jaycee, Shawn, Elizabeth, etc.) then why is it not possible that there are others out there who have met the same fate? It must be possible, "1% chance" or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back