2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really would like to hear from the other jurors. They could have been the laid-back type but they could have also felt intimidated by the fact that these two jurors apparently had very strong convictions based entirely on not having an understanding of what the jury instructions were. Juror #3 appears to want to argue that fact. Sometimes it is easier to just give in that insist on getting some clarification. Defense did not bring an proof of any kind into that courtroom, just accusations. SA had all the science yet they based their opinions on "reading people", feelings that GA was guilty of something but they weren't sure of what and thought KC was "sincere" but found her guilty of four counts of lying to a police officer. FYI. I doubt the jury even knew those cans with the carpet samples were not in the room with them. jmo

If that's the case, then I really hope Caylee haunts them in their sleep. They didn't even give it a full day! After lunch one day, then verdict the next mid-morning? I have less respect for them than I do the ones that have spoken out. They KNEW it was wrong, but just went along. Now a little girl has no justice in this world. I really hope it weighs heavily on them. They failed Caylee. They failed the justice system. And they failed those that have to rely on it for justice.

I cannot speak for juror #11, but you are quite correct about the bolded.

ETA: Not all Physical Education teachers are like juror #11. The bashing is getting bothersome.

BBM: This is very true. I mentioned a saying that has been out there for years. My PE teachers were great, although they admitted they were unable to teach English, lol. They are hired to teach PE and that is what they excel at doing. Just as an English teacher would never make a good PE instructor. Or you would not go to a dentist to have open heart surgery. Everyone has their own job to do and they should be respected for what they do do. Thanks

If that's the case, then I really hope Caylee haunts them in their sleep. They didn't even give it a full day! After lunch one day, then verdict the next mid-morning? I have less respect for them than I do the ones that have spoken out. They KNEW it was wrong, but just went along. Now a little girl has no justice in this world. I really hope it weighs heavily on them. They failed Caylee. They failed the justice system. And they failed those that have to rely on it for justice.

Maybe they all agreed that only a few would come forward so the other's would not have to talk but once their names are released I think some will want to tell the truth just to get reporters off their backs. Whatever that truth might be. jmo

Well one thing is crystal clear - he either did not take or he flunked all of his English classes.

As an aside, I have tremendous respect for teachers - just not this teacher.
BBM I noticed that also. I just kept thinking, "I can't believe this man is a teacher."

Tweets from Mark NeJame (Former Anthony Family Attorney) this am:

News coming soon about new law in Florida not allowing jurors to get paid for story.

Working on new law disallowing juror to get paid on story for 6 months after service.

Yes! We need that in every state.

Hey all,

I emailed Simona and Schuster and asked them not to public or sell anything Anthony related in support of Caley's memory...This is the response they sent me...let's just hope they stick to it.

Thank you for contacting SimonandSchuster.com. We appreciate your concern on this matter, but please be aware that Simon & Schuster is not publishing, and has never intended to publish, any book by Casey Anthony, her family, or any member of her team.

Regards,

SimonandSchuster.com Customer Service

There is an old saying that has been around for a long time. "Those who can, teach. Those who can't, are PE instructors." Not how I feel but this saying has been around for a long, long time and has not died out. lol I think the jurors who are hiding out are the ones with the real story. jmo

That's funny - I thought the saying was "those who can - do, those who can't - teach".

Maybe he scrawled his notes in very large childish letters, several inches high with backwards S's---thus the 400 pages!

BBM I noticed that also. I just kept thinking, "I can't believe this man is a teacher."

I agree and I'm still waiting to hear what he has to say after he talks to his FBI brother.....

And how many of the parents of the kids he "teaches" agree with him - should be interesting when he gets back to school in the fall.

I agree with the posters who said if they had actually deliberated it would have been much easier to accept this verdict. It seems like this foreman didn't really keep them focused on what exactly they were there to decide....did ICA cause the death of Caylee.

Saying GA could have done it just proves how little thought and deliberation there was and it really saddens me and makes me cynical about our system.

I get where they might have thought GA was lying about an affair. Come on, though, what did you expect? He's already lost Casey and Caylee, he wants to lose Cindy too? I thought it was obvious though his love for Caylee and his grief over losing her. Yes, I noticed his selective memory. Sure he was combative with a person who accused him of being a child molester. Is that impossible to grasp?

When asked about the missing child, who was it that replied at one point "Maybe I'm a spiteful B*tch?" That's right, it was ICA. Not George. Kind of a weird comment to make about an accidental drowning, no?

Even if you deny all of GA's testimony based on credibility issues, where does it leave you? Caylee is still dead. ICA still lied for 31 days while she partied and stole. Caylee was still placed in a trash bag and left in the woods like garbage. It is inconceivable that a loving parent would dispose of her child that way or allow another person to dispose of her child that way if this was an accident. No matter how dysfunctional her family is. And if someone else hurt your child, you wouldn't take the fall. You would want them to face justice.

The only way you could find not guilty IMHO is if you believe:

it's a reasonable story that a loving mother loses her child to a common house hold accident, doesn't call 911, discards her like trash, goes out and parties, and lies to everyone she knows and eventually LE. OR

It's a resonable story that a loving mother loses her child to a common household accident, doesn't call 911 and lets someone else discard her like trash while she goes out and parties.... OR

That the relative of a loving mother either kills the child or fails to supervise the child leading to an accident and the loving mother decides to help this person cover up the death of her child and to let her child end up in a garbage bag in a swamp while she goes out and parties.

So which is it, jurors? Which one of these scenarios was "reasonable" doubt that ICA killed Caylee? Caylee died somehow and she didn't get into the woods by herself. So which of these scenarios was so plausible and reasonable in your minds that you could discard all the other evidence of guilt and render the verdict you did?

You know what has really amazed me is I haven't heard anyone BUT the Defense say they think CFCA was innocent and this was a just verdict. I hear lots say it is what is it and there is nothing that can be done about it, but even LKB was completely shocked at the verdict. The day it came in she was literally sputtering and I haven't seen or heard anything from her since.

I also know Dorothy Simms is going to make the media rounds. I don't care what anyone says - both she and Mason, and Baez for that matter, are now speaking out not because they believe ICA was not guilty, but because they are frantically trying to repair their reputations. They have to move on with their lives out there among their peers. Where are the newpaper columns by the true experts extolling the brilliance of their defense?

I can tell you. There aren't any. Even Baez caught at the airport yesterday by that reporter was back to his immediately on his cellphone, looking shifty look. No strutting, no pride - just turning his back with eyes looking every where while he muttered no she didn't kill her. The backlash for this team is already here.

You know what has really amazed me is I haven't heard anyone BUT the Defense say they think CFCA was innocent and this was a just verdict. I hear lots say it is what is it and there is nothing that can be done about it, but even LKB was completely shocked at the verdict. The day it came in she was literally sputtering and I haven't seen or heard anything from her since.

I also know Dorothy Simms is going to make the media rounds. I don't care what anyone says - both she and Mason, and Baez for that matter, are now speaking out not because they believe ICA was not guilty, but because they are frantically trying to repair their reputations. They have to move on with their lives out there among their peers. Where are the newpaper columns by the true experts extolling the brilliance of their defense?

I can tell you. There aren't any. Even Baez caught at the airport yesterday by that reporter was back to his immediately on his cellphone, looking shifty look. No strutting, no pride - just turning his back with eyes looking every where while he muttered no she didn't kill her. The backlash for this team is already here.

Dottie was on GVS last night sporting her new "look".....
One of the THs (they are all running together now in my mind) had Dr. Brock (?) on talking about his 20 hour diagnosis of Casey. She signed a release letting him talk.....but NOT ABOUT THE INCIDENT....and NOT ABOUT WHAT WAS BROUGHT UP IN TRIAL.....Ok....so STFU and go home then. Anything else you have to say is pure spin to try and get the public to see the maniac as normal. They have about as much hope for that as a snowball in hell.

The interview has prompted me to gather people, light torches and grab pitchforks.

Where do I sign up?

2zjcffs.gif

True but why bother to look at the actual testimony let's just go with what we think we heard and base our decision on that. The FBI expert said he would have expected the level found in cleaning products to have evaporated by the time the liner was examined...months later folks. That seems to have gone over the head of the jurors and others. That is why it is important to review the testimony to at least a minimal degree.
I truly feel that they thought they knew everything and didn't need to go over any of the evidence. It is apparent to me that no two people hear things the same, obvious from just the comments on here during the trial that some who watched got completely different impressions of what was going on.
They definitely should have started from the beginning to discuss the witness testimonies from their notebooks, to see what each of them thought was pertinent. They didn't have time to do that. They each thought they knew it all, imo. And those that weren't sure, let themselves be led. Good for them.:loser:

I agree and I'm still waiting to hear what he has to say after he talks to his FBI brother.....

And how many of the parents of the kids he "teaches" agree with him - should be interesting when he gets back to school in the fall.

I thought this comment was quite telling: "The high school gym teacher in his 30s went on a national show asking not to be shown or identified. He is now declining any more interviews.

The foreman said he "wants to get his life in order" before talking to anyone else. He said he never imagined he would need to hide out."

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...thony-case-concerned-for-their-safety?cid=rss

ETA: Perhaps he should have gotten it in order before he talked to GVS!!

He said there was one person who was felt strongly about her guilt. Whoever that juror is, please come forward and tell what really took place.

I would be surprised if they came forward. It is obvious to me that they couldn't stand the heat of being the only one and caved in under pressure so everyone could go home. mio

I recall the judge giving the jury specific instructions on how they SHOULD not take River CRUz's statement as evidence of CASEY's guilt or innocense and should only use it to determine if GA was lying about the affair.

This jury did not follow any of the judge's instructions and I bet they didn't even realize that the abuse never came up again at closing nor did they realized they were never given a time for the drowning or the entire story. If I were a juror I would have said we don't have any information about the drowning at all and we do not have any evidence that George was involved.

This jury was not able to understand anything of value. They should have thought deeply before turning a verdict over for that they need to be blamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth