2011.07.11 HLN & FOX News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hinky feeling about the whole Richard Gabriel connection. He baled. He didn't bale...jury consultant went on air and said, "Yeah the defense team called us for help. RG baled."
Then on Dr. Drew, RG said he fought for this jury.
I smell another rabbit hole and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car.

RG didn't bail!!! He is my uncles business partner!

It gets clearer every day they did miss the memo that also included SPECULATION!..It can't be disputed this played a HUGE role in their decision cos Mr. Foreman used that word specifically 10xs or more during the interview.

Yes, he did use the word speculation/speculate a lot. I found he used it mostly when discussing these items:

1. "Speculation" of others as to how Caylee's body got to where remains were found.
2/3. "Speculation" (used twice to answer this) on his part as to how Caylee died/cause of death.
4. "Speculation" on his part as to whether or not Cindy did the searches.
5. "Speculate" as "some people would speculate" that the body was in the car as some smelled decomp. [he's calling this evidence speculation]

1. VAN SUSTEREN: How -- how do you -- or what did you believe to be or conclude was how the remains or the body got from wherever the child died to the -- where the remains were found, a couple blocks away?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Well, I mean, we know that it was -- I mean, obviously, the body was -- it was dumped there. It was left there. As far as -- there's a lot of gray area, a lot of gray area that goes from on that June 15th to when the body was discovered.

And there's a lot of that, you know -- there's just a lot of speculation as to how it got there.

2/3. VAN SUSTEREN: So what's your most likely [scenario for how Caylee died--since he had just stated that he was never convinced of how she died], which is -- which is -- apart from -- beyond a reasonable doubt is a very different standard than what's most likely or what you think or what you guess or anything. Where do you fall in the spectrum?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Well, as far as -- again, this is all -- this is all speculation. There's a number of ways that Caylee could have died. You know, there is the possibility, there was the evidence of chloroform, which we can touch on later. There was a pool right there just a -- feet away, you know, a couple feet away from the doors that, you know, has had pictures of her being able to open, ladders that she potentially could really have climbed up herself.

And I know that that is a major way that a lot of children die down here in Florida. But we don't know if that's the cause or if that was the cause of death. We don't know the cause of death, and that was one of the major issues that we had and one of the major issues that we had to address. We don't know the cause of death. Everything was speculation.

4. VAN SUSTEREN: Did you think that Cindy Anthony was telling the truth when she said that she had done the searches for chloroform?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Well, there's a lot of speculation into that.

5. VAN SUSTEREN: When Cindy testified, she said something to the effect -- and I don't know the exact words, but that the car smelled of death or something. And I guess the prosecution's theory is that the child decomposed in that car, in part. ...Did you credit what she said? Did you believe that that body -- that the child decomposed in the trunk?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, there was the smell of decomp from some people that would speculate that the body was put in the trunk. But then there were others that did not smell it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...e-and-suspicions-george-anthony#ixzz1RtkuQxzn
[/SIZE]

The more these jurors talk, the more I'm convinced that jury tampering took place.

What difference would a few hours have made anyways? The juror's have spoken..The Foreman even admitted to not paying attention much after a few weeks..none of the evidence mattered to him it was the shocking information that "none of them knew about" with the defense's opening that made their minds wonder.

The few hours would not have made any difference.

The point was that the jurors keep saying that they weren't convinced that there was ever a dead body in the car. The fact that the cops ignored it the first night that Caylee was reported missing even though the 911 call said that the car smelled like there had been a dead body in it played a big part in that IMO.

The second thing that played a big part in that was LE NOT being contacted when the car was at the tow yard and the guy who ran the tow yard said that he smelled human decomp when he was checking it out right after it got there.

What if there had of been someone still in that car and no one ever showed up to claim it?

Edited to add, I think that the state should have gotten some expert up there to tell how easy it really is to make chloroform. All this talk about making it and there was no explanation about how simple it really is to make.

bbm

Greta made this comment right after talking about part 2 of his interview & right before CM was to come on after the break..Watching the repeat it appears she was referring to CM & not the mystery foreman afterall..I wish I could see a clip to confirm..Link?

eta..link in post above (TY!) but it ends before this comment.

I just checked my DVR, and she says "Coming up" in reference to CM. It was CM who calls ICA "bright" and "articulate" not the juror.

There was no mention of "sincere."

MASON: What of know of Casey she an incredibly likeable person despite the lynch mob mentality on the street. To talk to her a just few minutes is to like her. She is very bright very articulate. She's got guts. She is as tough as they come.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...hose-who-have-threatened-jurors#ixzz1RtvyYrm1

I do not understand how stuff like that made THIS jury uncomfy when they didn't even raise an eyebrow over Casey's partying and bedding down with her various BFs the day of, day after, and for essentially the full month after her daughter had died. Even if a baby dies accidentally any thinking person is not going to see the mother's partying, etc., as "normal behavior for any 22-year old."

The jury foreman condemns George for his actions but does not even question Casey's? Wow! I am thankful my daughter is out of school if this is the caliber of teachers these days. No.common.sense...nada, none, zip.

Casey was young and George was a MARRIED man who is supposed to set an example for his family and show his kids good, not drama over his latest affairs of stupid scams he keeps getting caught into. I know some seem not to care if he cheated because they despise his wife, but its still wrong. He acted like a two year old on the stand and it showed, OBVIOUSLY.

The point was that the jurors keep saying that they weren't convinced that there was ever a dead body in the car. The fact that the cops ignored it the first night that Caylee was reported missing even though the 911 call said that the car smelled like there had been a dead body in it played a big part in that IMO.

The second thing that played a big part in that was LE NOT being contacted when the car was at the tow yard and the guy who ran the tow yard said that he smelled human decomp when he was checking it out right after it got there.

What if there had of been someone still in that car and no one ever showed up to claim it?

Edited to add, I think that the state should have gotten some expert up there to tell how easy it really is to make chloroform. All this talk about making it and there was no explanation about how simple it really is to make.

If there was a body in the car at tow yard it would`ve smelled much worse. This smell was because of a little spillage I believe, the body was in bags. And I believe it dissipated a little after airing the car out and spraying febreeze, thought you cannot completely get rid of decomp smell it seems.

What else than human decomposition could have caused the smell that at least some experts and cadaver dogs recognized as human decomposition and that was backed up by air samples, insect activity, hair with a death band and the user of the car had a dead child?

I think we have forgotten the infamous Richard Gabriel, jury consultant extraordinaire! I wonder if he had a hand in picking this particular jury.

I bet YES. Funny how the ICA jury came back with the same verdict as the mock jury on the 48 hours special.

At the end of the day, IMO the jurors were likely truthful when they said they only followed the case "somewhat" in the news.

Jose planted reasonable doubt about George in the jury's mind. Likely, the jury's George was a different George than I observed. The jury and I do not know George in the same context. The George the jury knew, was the OS George. They studied on the stand through Jose's OS prism.

Had they watched this story daily while George searched for Caylee, had they seen George sit with LE and be interviewed early on, had they understood the depth of Cindy's denial and her capacity to mislead and misdirect, ... they could not have reached the verdict they did.

Based on the time I spent watching this case unfold, I would have been disqualified from the jury. Because of that entire family, the only one I've ever wanted to (could stomach) listen to was ...

George.

Did the PT do everything possible to make the "George did it" an unreasonable doubt? Could they have done more? (Those are just rhetorical questions...obviously.)

JMHO

:(

I think the pros did what was reasonable and put George on the stand as their first witness to quash the sexual abuse theory. Who in their right mind would think this jury would believe George was possibly the murderer? Where in the world did they come up with that ridiculous speculation without any basis whatsoever? They saw the jailhouse tapes. They saw Casey telling her parents over and over that it wasn't their fault and that they were the best grandparents to Caylee. They saw them asking Casey over and over if there was anything they should be doing, people they should talk to. Their desperation to find out what happened to Caylee.

I'm sitting here reliving the trial and these jurors took less than 11 hours to forget all of that.

If there was a body in the car at tow yard it would`ve smelled much worse. This smell was because of a little spillage I believe, the body was in bags. And I believe it dissipated a little after airing the car out and spraying febreeze, thought you cannot completely get rid of decomp smell it seems.

What else than human decomposition could have caused the smell that at least some experts and cadaver dogs recognized as human decomposition and that was backed up by air samples, insect activity, hair with a death band and the user of the car had a dead child?

And, of course there was the DT's expert who said they had visited the car 2 years after and it still smelled like decomposition. Were the juror's all asleep???

That was a mistake..I bet the state is kicking themselves now for failing to address this issue..If only they could go back <sigh> but since this jury obviously failed to listen to ANY of the state's experts re: proof of decomp in car (insect testimony) it probably would not have made any diff. :banghead:

I bet if asked about the jail house tapes with Casey, the jury would say, that it is not evidence. But they accepted the no evidence of a drowning.

I will say again, NOTHING, nothing the PT could have done, would change this verdict. They had an agenda, and I believe it was for money.

Think about this, a hung jury would do nothing for them. They would end up in oblivion never being heard. Having ruled out hung jury, now comes their time to deliberate, but what they are deliberating?

In my opinion it is which would be more beneficial to us (not justice) guilty or not guilty. Well guilty would get them a few blubs on T.V. BUT with a not guilty people will want to know and they will pay to know! And someone convinced the others. And he/she or them were absolutely right, they are being paid which a guilty verdict would never yield.

There my friends is the rub. my opinion only.---Is is OK Mr. Mason for me to have an opinion? Oh I see only if it agrees with yours. Again my opinion

Oh and the jury probably did not expect the backlash. They probably felt secure thinking some people may disagree but would, as has been preached to us all too often, I may not agree but I must respect the jury. Why are juries the one group of people that do not need to EARN RESPECT. Wrong is wrong and right is right. I bet my last nickel they did not do what is right and once more they know it. moo

Casey was young and George was a MARRIED man who is supposed to set an example for his family and show his kids good, not drama over his latest affairs of stupid scams he keeps getting caught into. I know some seem not to care if he cheated because they despise his wife, but its still wrong. He acted like a two year old on the stand and it showed, OBVIOUSLY.

George was not on trial.

I just checked my DVR, and she says "Coming up" in reference to CM. It was CM who calls ICA "bright" and "articulate" not the juror.

MASON: What of know of Casey she an incredibly likeable person despite the lynch mob mentality on the street. To talk to her a just few minutes is to like her. She is very bright very articulate. She's got guts. She is as tough as they come.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...hose-who-have-threatened-jurors#ixzz1RtvyYrm1

Sounds like a sociopath because she is also a liar and a thief.

I got the feeling he thought GEORGE was responsible for the duct taping.

He even discussed the video where George's tent had the roll of tape for the posters. HE SEEMS TO BE IMPLYING THAT GEORGE DID IT.

So does he believe George would use his persoanl duct tape on a dead childs face, dump her body and then KEEP THAT TAPE and use it later on in front of tv cameras and lots of witnesses?
I hear ya. This whole LEAP over to George was the saddest part of this verdict. Unbelievable that they spent so little time but have so much to say.

I bet YES. Funny how the ICA jury came back with the same verdict as the mock jury on the 48 hours special.

And almost everyone believed that verdict to be total BS! Nothing but spin on the part of the DT..For very GOOD reasons!

So, how in this world did all that FANTASY turn into REALITY? :crazy:

That's what still blows my mind & burns my gut! I seriously don't think I'll EVER get over it!

That was a mistake..I bet the state is kicking themselves now for failing to address this issue..If only they could go back <sigh> but since this jury obviously failed to listen to ANY of the state's experts re: proof of decomp in car (insect testimony) it probably would not have made any diff. :banghead:

NO, NO, NO!!!! Nothing, even a video of Casey doing the crime. The state put on a great case, especially having dried bones. Bill Sheaffer said in his 30 years of practicing law he as never seen a stronger circumstantial case.

And remember the PT cannot play down and dirty like a defense team can.
moo

Only those who thinks she is so incredible are the ones who lie as much as she does.

Just like Ted Bundy ...
Ted was bright, very articulate, and gutsy as well as he chose to defend himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592