2011.07.12 HLN News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hopeful someone else heard it as I missed part of the discussion, except for the guest stating his opinion of the jury which caught my attention. I believe it was NG's show so hopefully a transcript will be up later.

I think the guest was the foreman of the Scott Peterson case....there was also a doctor who had been working with Casey at the jail that said Casey signed a release for him to talk to NG but he couldn't speak of 2 things, 1) the case, 2) the molestation.....but, he said Casey was (& I'm paraphrasing) upset & didn't understand why people hated her...blah, blah, blah. Wendy Murphy was on JVM, I think.

CNN/ AC 360

Tuchman: Flimsy evidence of drowning.
Ford: Does not think she drowned
Tuchman: So no drowning, no accident...

Ford: each piece of evidence could have gone this way or that way. It was all circumstantial evidence. There weren't any strong pieces of evidence.

I live in PR and trust me nobody wants her here.

As I mentioned in another thread there are 2 islands off the eastern coast of PR that could be good hideaway spots, but I don't see her staying there for a long period of time.

Once she is out of jail ICA will need somewhere to hide from CA ... She cannot refuse 'jail' visits if CA locates her ... Security!

Thanks.
I wasn't paying much attention and when it started sinking in what she had said, I backed it up and listened. It made so much sense to me. Later I thought I remembered hearing that the doll was in the car and the backpack in the trunk. My daughter said she thought they were both in the trunk.
I went back to re-listen and hit the wrong button and then it wouldn't rewind back to that spot.

Yes ... CA testified the Mama doll was in the car seat (Caylee replacement?) and she lovingly cleaned it, it smelled.

I have always found it incredible he remembered with such detail what happened and what everyone was wearing, on what, at the time, was just another ordinary day..........

MOO

True but ... It was the last day. So you can argue the next day he did not see them so reflected on the prior day sighting and as each day progressed it was reinforced in his memory since it was not a normal day but the last sighting.

Having said that, I do agree that this was engineered by CA to create the perception of a normal day since something bad happened on June 15 and it was far from normal. JB used their own lies to protect ICA against them to insert doubt.

I don't find GA remembering the clothes odd either. If he was used to seeing Caylee daily he might have been thinking about her the next day and each day after. If you think of it that way its feasable. He didn't rememeber a month after. He probably remembered it the 2nd day and with each days odd stories of Casey's he kept flashing back to the last time he saw them. I too think GA really loved caylee with his whole heart. That little girl was the only member of the family who loved him unconditionally. CA, LA and MCA obviously didn't. He was the butt of their jokes and criticism. It pains me he is the "reason" Casey walked free and I'm sure it kills him as well. I can see him having a complete breakdown at some point. unless he turns into the rest of them and finds solace in $$ god I hope not. I hope he runs as fast as he can and sues for defamation if casey utters one word about his "involvement". JMO. I personally believe he truly has no idea what happened to Caylee.

I am not disputing GA's love for Caylee. A month later he remembered details that at the time wouldn't have seemed important. Not saying he isn't telling the truth, however, his memory may have been "refreshed". Just my opinion.

I understand your point, but let me add that my 20 month old granddaughter visited a month ago and I can tell you details of what she wore, what she ate, HOW she ate it, the specific inflection she used with each word and expression, the way she curled her lip when confused and rubbed only one eye when sleepy, essentially every minute detail imaginable til she was out of sight. It's a combination of powerful love and focused attention.

And let's not forget that George already had a thousand reasons to be concerned for Caylee's welfare at that point! I would think that would make a loving concerned person even MORE observant.

On Joy Behar -

Interesting question posed by Dr, Michael Welner regarding Casey's attachment or lack thereof toward Caylee. Speculating even if she didn't have anything to do with Caylee's death, what was her attachment to her? In other words, how could Casey go about as if nothing happened even if she wasn't responsible for her death?

I also found it interesting when he said KC had detached a while before Caylees death, preparing for her death in other words. He said it showed in her actions after Caylees death
She had been planning it for a while. That made alot of sense to me.

Lisa Bloom was totally pro-prosection up until whatever comments she made tonight...she was treating the defense as a joke...

What show was Wendy Murphy on, spouting off about the "sealed photos"? And did anyone challenge her this time, telling her that LE denied it today?

I did not hear her talk about the so called 'sealed photos' on the air but she did ask everyone to go to Patriot Ledger and read her articles.

She said on air that CASEY IS INNOCENT, SOMEONE ELSE, BUT NOT GEORGE,
was responsible for Caylee's death. Yea, SURE.

Lisa Bloom said the DT was underestimated. WRONG. IMO, the jury was overestimated. How was the state supposed to know how simple minded they were.

They decided that Casey 'LOOKED SINCERE' and George was possibly the killer of little Caylee. Ummmmmm...ok.

I totally think the DT encouraged her bitterness toward her family.

Only my opinion, but I don't think that the DT had to encourage Casey to do or feel anything. Rather, I believe that the DT gave Casey the freedom and opportunity to say what she has wanted to say about the Anthony home environment for a very long time. While I don't condone Casey's behaviors and feel that she should have been convicted on at least some of the charges against her in Caylee's disappearance, there are many issues regarding her family and the relationships between them that concerns me. jmo

I also found it interesting when he said KC had detached a while before Caylees death, preparing for her death in other words. He said it showed in her actions after Caylees death
She had been planning it for a while. That made alot of sense to me.

And that Doctor should have talked to the jury about how DISRESPECTFUL that method of the body disposal was. If they knew anything about George they would know that he would NEVER have put Caylee in a trash bag in a dump site. NEVER. That mess has Casey's name all over it.

It won't be much of a getaway for her in Puerto Rico, imo. They have hurricanes, it's full of crime and dangers from what I've read about it. But if that is where she goes, I say good riddance.

Wait, so what you are saying is she should feel right at home. I feel sorry for Puerto Rico. What a way to deter potential tourists...Storm season now includes Hurricane Casey...

I used to think the same thing, but if he did not know it was the last time he was seeing her and it was just a normal day, I don't think the image of them bouncing out of the house would be so ingrained in his memory. One month later, too. Heck, CA said the last time she saw Caylee was the 9th of June. IMO

It is hard to explain but I really can see how it works. If you see someone every day then you cannot remember what they said or wore a month ago. But if you see them every day for years, and then suddenly, no more, then their last meeting sticks in your mind.

I am sure he thought about her the next day, fondly. Then the next one and the one after that. Her mannerisms, clothing and words would be fresh at that time. And it is NEVER covered over. The sweet baby he loved so much never reappeared so his last memories would stay fresh.

Wait, so what you are saying is she should feel right at home. I feel sorry for Puerto Rico. What a way to deter potential tourists...Storm season now includes Hurricane Casey...

Puerto Rico is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. But she will need some cash to stay in the resort areas. The locals will recognize her and they are VERY family oriented. NO JOKE down there for her if she strays outside the hotel grounds/

It is hard to explain but I really can see how it works. If you see someone every day then you cannot remember what they said or wore a month ago. But if you see them every day for years, and then suddenly, no more, then their last meeting sticks in your mind.

I am sure he thought about her the next day, fondly. Then the next one and the one after that. Her mannerisms, clothing and words would be fresh at that time. And it is NEVER covered over. The sweet baby he loved so much never reappeared so his last memories would stay fresh.

It also appears it could have been something as simple as KC originally gave a verbal statement to police before LE sat all of them down in the early morning hours of the 16th to give written statements. GA, CA and LA were all there and KC would have been asked what Caylee was wearing. It's that simple. GA remembered because KC refreshed his memory to a day when Caylee was wearing that outfit. jmo

Closing this thread. Please look for today's thread just opened.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member