2011.07.21 HLN & FOX News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only time I would watch Casey Anthony on TV is her hooked up to a lie detector with the best examiner in the world. And of course being asked the correct questions.

The letter I just wrote to HLN:

While I have appreciated HLN's coverage of Caylee Anthony over the past three years, I followed this story so that justice would be served. 2/3rds of the country do not feel justice was served. Nancy Grace should be commended as she is one who follows her beliefs in seeking justice. At this point though further coverage on any of HLN's shows isn't about seeking justice any longer. At this point coverage is now about Casey Anthony, how much she will make, where she is, what is she doing.....PLEASE stop the coverage regarding Casey. 12 jurors did not find justice for Caylee, but the rest of the world can by ignoring Casey and by not playing into her and her attorney's games. I think if you do a "wrap up/tribute" to Caylee show, the nation will watch and then do not cover Casey again until she is arrested, no doubt she will be tied into a courtroom for a very long time. Please stop the non-coverage of Casey and have all of your shows start covering all of the other victims who need our help in seeking justice. I want to turn your channel back on in this house, but I cannot as long as each of your shows is entitled basically "Where's Casey". I don't care where she is unless she is back in a jail cell. Thank you.

Don't confuse him with the facts, manatee, or his mustache might explode!

Naturally, he's trying his best to rehabilitate her, as is the rest of the DT. (I consider him an honorary member). Did you hear Al Taylor's interview on Dr. Drew's show? Taylor claims that he was trying to broker a deal with Casey AND Geraldo for the first interview, and that Geraldo had double-crossed him and was attempting to arrange the interview directly, cutting Taylor out of the deal. Now, why Geraldo would need Taylor in the first place is questionable, since he's BFFs with JB and all. However, it's plain to see that GR is actively trying to "win" the interview, and therefore wants to polish up Casey a bit in the eyes of the public to encourage them to watch.

Geraldo and the facts are strangers and Casey and the truth are strangers! Maybe CA can be the 7th or 8th Mrs. GR.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The letter I just wrote to HLN:

While I have appreciated HLN's coverage of Caylee Anthony over the past three years, I followed this story so that justice would be served. 2/3rds of the country do not feel justice was served. Nancy Grace should be commended as she is one who follows her beliefs in seeking justice. At this point though further coverage on any of HLN's shows isn't about seeking justice any longer. At this point coverage is now about Casey Anthony, how much she will make, where she is, what is she doing.....PLEASE stop the coverage regarding Casey. 12 jurors did not find justice for Caylee, but the rest of the world can by ignoring Casey and by not playing into her and her attorney's games. I think if you do a "wrap up/tribute" to Caylee show, the nation will watch and then do not cover Casey again until she is arrested, no doubt she will be tied into a courtroom for a very long time. Please stop the non-coverage of Casey and have all of your shows start covering all of the other victims who need our help in seeking justice. I want to turn your channel back on in this house, but I cannot as long as each of your shows is entitled basically "Where's Casey". I don't care where she is unless she is back in a jail cell. Thank you.

BRAVO! my sentiments exactly...I may plagiarize you a little, if that's ok? Thank you!:rocker:

I'm thinking not only the State of Florida is not using him anymore, but a lot of people won't. He just shot himself in the foot, business wise. He's made himself out to be not trustworthy, and who wants software from someone that they can't trust? Way to go, software guy!

I'm always amazed at how many so called 'experts' are willing to sell out and risk their reputations for a fat paycheck and a bit of fleeting fame. I mean, look at the botanist lady who, by all accounts is a very well educated woman with a good reputation. All people will remember of her is how foolish she looked with her 'a dog could have buried the bone' comment. But those are the risks one takes when they get greedy. IMO

Have not turned on HLN or In Session since verdict day. Bet those ratings have plummeted.

I actually have more intense dislike of Cindy Anthony that FCA. That smile on her face after the verdict told the entire story. They all lied and they were all in on the DT and they are all equally guilty IMO.

I do think what we are seeing are all their plans backfiring on this team right about now. Not sure who is advising them but it does not appear to be going well. CM attacks the SA's office by acting as if he was totally unaware of the software problem. Then complains because some crazy people are calling his house. They try to play games with the media admitting a hoax by JB not well received by the public.

I don't think KC went far because JB wants full control over her.
I don't think they can afford to get too many people involved in watching her.
I don't think they have the money to pay for security for her over a long period of time.
I don't think they have the money to hide her all over the US.
I don't think any of the media wants to touch her right now because she will not tell the truth and they know it.
I do think GR might believe he can help JB in starting a bidding war between media outlets but everyday no offers come shows the public does not want to hear her lies.

As much as we all think we know GR, other producers and media CEO's know him so much better than we do. And to me the bigger story is the civil trial and it won't cost the media a dime of "blood money." jmo

:great: Velouria ...

I just noticed your "Don't Drink the Pinellas Punch" ... and the NO Kool-Aid ....

HILARIOUS ... Love it !!!

:great::great: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great::great:

More power to those of you who could watch Geraldo.

I hit mute as fast as I could, although I know he must have insider knowledge due to JB. (And therefore, I don't trust 1% of anything GR reports.)

Nope, it's not worth watching GR.

I DOOOO like Fox for much of my news coverage, but cannot stand GR. I will NOT watch anything with him spouting off. He needs to go away. Maybe this, his relationship with JB, et al, could be hitting a low. And that's saything something.

I think it's time I send a little email to Fox - it'll feel good to do so, haha

:waitasec: I remember a long time ago ... Jerry Rivers got "socked" in the "nose" on "live" television ... :innocent:

He just loves "drama" ....

:dramaqueen:

He smacked in the face live on television with an metal folding chair...
It was EPIC TV :great:

More power to those of you who could watch Geraldo.

I hit mute as fast as I could, although I know he must have insider knowledge due to JB. (And therefore, I don't trust 1% of anything GR reports.)

Nope, it's not worth watching GR.

I DOOOO like Fox for much of my news coverage, but cannot stand GR. I will NOT watch anything with him spouting off. He needs to go away. Maybe this, his relationship with JB, et al, could be hitting a low. And that's saything something.

I think it's time I send a little email to Fox - it'll feel good to do so, haha

He gives me the creeps...

Don't confuse him with the facts, manatee, or his mustache might explode!

Naturally, he's trying his best to rehabilitate her, as is the rest of the DT. (I consider him an honorary member). Did you hear Al Taylor's interview on Dr. Drew's show? Taylor claims that he was trying to broker a deal with Casey AND Geraldo for the first interview, and that Geraldo had double-crossed him and was attempting to arrange the interview directly, cutting Taylor out of the deal. Now, why Geraldo would need Taylor in the first place is questionable, since he's BFFs with JB and all. However, it's plain to see that GR is actively trying to "win" the interview, and therefore wants to polish up Casey a bit in the eyes of the public to encourage them to watch.

How about an electric chair disguised as a lie detector?? ;)

Fox/Geraldo would not want their names associated with ICA- so maybe they planned on using AL as front man.
I emailed Fox and they told me they had not so much as bought a cup of coffee for anyone associated with ICA and had no plans to do so. I replied I'm sure you'll forgive me for being cynical,but ABC said the same thing, until the fact they paid $200K for licensing fees was forcibly extracted from JB in court...

I do think what we are seeing are all their plans backfiring on this team right about now. Not sure who is advising them but it does not appear to be going well. CM attacks the SA's office by acting as if he was totally unaware of the software problem. Then complains because some crazy people are calling his house. They try to play games with the media admitting a hoax by JB not well received by the public.

I don't think KC went far because JB wants full control over her.
I don't think they can afford to get too many people involved in watching her.
I don't think they have the money to pay for security for her over a long period of time.
I don't think they have the money to hide her all over the US.
I don't think any of the media wants to touch her right now because she will not tell the truth and they know it.
I do think GR might believe he can help JB in starting a bidding war between media outlets but everyday no offers come shows the public does not want to hear her lies.

As much as we all think we know GR, other producers and media CEO's know him so much better than we do. And to me the bigger story is the civil trial and it won't cost the media a dime of "blood money." jmo

Good post! I'm not sure how much someone like CM might get for appearing on one of the shows, but I figured they were trying to keep FICA in the news because being asked to appear on HLN or FOX was their only source of income right now. BBM I'm not getting all the hype about an interview. She can't say anything. She has too many lawsuits pending. I can't wait until Morgan gets the first interview for free! :great:

ICA/DT are so tied up in knots with their own lies it would be foolish for her to appear on TV - everyone suing her would have just so much more ammunition with which to shoot her down...

Fox/Geraldo would not want their names associated with ICA- so maybe they planned on using AL as front man.
I emailed Fox and they told me they had not so much as bought a cup of coffee for anyone associated with ICA and had no plans to do so. I replied I'm sure you'll forgive me for being cynical,but ABC said the same thing, until the fact they paid $200K for licensing fees was forcibly extracted from JB in court...

Well, fox does not need any bad publicity right now so if they are smart they tell GR to move on to another story that is not so controversial.

ICA/DT are so tied up in knots with their own lies it would be foolish for her to appear on TV - everyone suing her would have just so much more ammunition with which to shoot her down...

Good point - and speaking of that, I checked the clerk's site this morning and FICAs counter-suit again ZFG has been dropped....
images

So true. I watched that myself and wrote an email to Robin with the links to the Sentinel to clarify how the PT handled it and why. Obvious they don't have any media consultants lurking around here or they would have already known better. Well, obviously they don't read the Orlando news either...LOL.

Above BBM
I just don't understand this AT ALL!

My first job out of high school before Jr. College term started: I was, what they called back then, a "Fact Checker".
Actually, I was a glorified Go-Fer but 50% of my job was going behind the writers and fact-checking.......and there was NO Internet then!

Monday, Wednesday and Friday I drove around in my little blue Opel (NO A/C), all over the city, NOT reimbursed for gas/mileage, and checked facts.
Lots of my time was spent waiting around at the court house for paperwork/copies.
Made sure names and addresses were correct/spelled correctly.
Checked correct ownership of properties.
Made sure of actual charges comparing to already recorded rap sheets.
ETC.

In today's world there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER not to have the correct information, literally, at one's fingertips.....NO Reason at all except and unless all the media are only looking for 1. Sensationalism, 2. $$$-The bottom line.

Good point - and speaking of that, I checked the clerk's site this morning and FICAs counter-suit again ZFG has been dropped....
images

I think they have done this before. I seem to recall that way back in the beginning when this ZFG lawsuit came up, Casey was going to countersue until they discovered she would have to testify and they didn't want that to happen and the suit was dropped.

I think they have done this before. I seem to recall that way back in the beginning when this ZFG lawsuit came up, Casey was going to countersue until they discovered she would have to testify and they didn't want that to happen and the suit was dropped.

I ran thru the history on the clerk's site - I do see that the counter claim was ammended, however, today's entry is listed as :07/21/2011 Notice of Voluntary Dismissal OF AMENDED COUNTERCLAIM; sent to rec 7/21/11

and I do not see any other such language on the docket list for this case.

sooo, very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member