2011.10.15 Diapers and Backpack found #2

Likely she will turn up right under their noses, but again we are talking a little body in a great big world -- meaning the police have to focus their limited assets on the most likely areas. In any case, they cannot just search properties because they want to, for all we know some detective slipped that teen everyone is villifying a twenty to take a look (or dropped the "I wish I knew what was in thta house" suggestion in an interview).

BBM.... I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to believe that we have rogue officers running around looking for a way to ruin the investigation, especially since they have no interest to do so. Why would an officer need to bribe someone to look in a house, why wouldn't the officer simply look in the house?

If she is deceased, I'd rather she turns up right under their noses than not turn up at all.

ITA. But if she turns up right under their noses, I hope it's because PD found her, not because some meter reader stumbles upon her skull six months from now.

BBM.... I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to believe that we have rogue officers running around looking for a way to ruin the investigation, especially since they have no interest to do so. Why would an officer need to bribe someone to look in a house, why wouldn't the officer simply look in the house?

Because if an officer DID enter the property without a search warrant anything found could be challenged, nor can they necessarily go to a judge and get a search warrant without something to go on -- something this teen provided.

It kinda looks like the house has been stripped of electrical and plumbing recently, for "copper harvesting". This could have been why the dogs were barking.

I haven't seen the photo of baby Lisa's crib. Does someone have the pic or a link to it handy?

Because if an officer DID enter the property without a search warrant anything found could be challenged, nor can they necessarily go to a judge and get a search warrant without something to go on -- something this teen provided.

I know we're splitting hairs here, but entering a boarded up house without a search warrant versus bribing someone... which would look worse in court?

It kinda looks like the house has been stripped of electrical and plumbing recently, for "copper harvesting". This could have been why the dogs were barking.
No, I have mentioned this earlier in the thread that there are people that are stripping this place legally. They are removing all reusable items from the house such as wiring, plumbing, fixtures, trim, etc. They are doing this on all of the buildings to be leveled on this street for street widening. I think it is a great idea and keeps stuff that somebody can use out of the landfill. Not illegal stripping here anyway.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back