2012.08.08 Zenaida Gonzalez arrested in Orange County

Does anyone have any idea how many people I know served me drinks when I was underage? Or not only served me, but allowed me, or handed me, or left it out in front of me while I stole it up to my room. How did I get a hold of a bottle of whiskey when I was 12 and yet my parents never had a drop of alcohol in the house? I don't know. I've never personally handed any liquor to anyone under 21, at least not in my adult years, but I mean, Jesus Christ.

It's not like she committed murder.

I mean.. let's put things into perspective. I couldn't care less what she did here with that ridiculous loco ono whatever the heck it is, caffeine is so stupid, NoDoz is not regulated, nor is Red Bull. I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, if a kid drinks at 19 or 20, rather than 21, but looks 35, so effing what. I couldn't care less. Hit 18 and you account for yourself. Yeah yeah, the law is the law is the law. it's not of no consequence to me whatsoever if 19 or 20 year olds drink whatever that nonsense was. I'm so angry this is in the news, maybe I need to take a break from this site.

Carry on ZG. Sue the pants off that crazy murdering murderous murderer and walk away smiling.

Yes, Reality Orlando, she did break the law and I agree with you that that fact shouldn't be minimized; although I'm not sure that was the point of anyone's post.

The salient point, for me, is that a violation of this "routine check" is so important that it makes "Breaking News" headlined in the video that you linked. Two minutes and seven seconds were dedicated to this breaking news. LOL, would that have happened had Zenaida not been embroiled in the accusations of Casey Anthony to begin with? No, I doubt we would have ever heard of it, routine as it is.

That is what may be favorable for Zenaida's legal team as it proves to underscore her assertion that her life has been (and evidently will continue to be) negatively impacted by Casey's initial false allegations.
As always it's just :cow:​

Yes, without the Casey effect we would have said Zenaida who?

Of note in this case: the age 18 versus 21 birthdate. Not excusing ZG's mistake in any way, but for ID-checking purposes, clerks do memorize the birth year for selling tobacco (min. age 18), as well as the birth year for selling alcohol (min. age 21).

Unfortunately, it's a common mistake for our fallible human minds to confuse the two birth years -- an easy error for a nervous, busy or frazzled clerk to make. Honestly, alcohol agents who realize this can use it to their advantage. Hence, the use of an 18-year-old operative rather than a 17- or 19-year-old for the sting operation.

Notice that the underage customer in this particular case handed ZG an ID that showed an age of 18... The confusion in the clerk's mental processing is compounded by the fact that it is not often in real life that an 18-year-old will actually attempt to buy alcohol by bringing it up to the register and showing his/her real ID with his/her real birthdate on it -- Duh, here's proof that I'm 18, not 21, so will you sell me the booze?

Unfortunately, in a case like this, the clerk's mind may automatically say yep, birth year on this ID checks out -- the customer is 18 (old enough to purchase tobacco products). I'll go ahead and ring up the sale. OOPS, the clerk just broke the law against selling alcohol to a minor under 21. And voila, the sting operation nets another mug shot.

Hope this makes sense; thought I'd try to explain it from my own familiarity with similar cases. I agree with you guys that the big media splash for this arrest could actually work in ZG's favor, since it tends to prove the very point of her lawsuit. JMO

It's very easy to make a mistake. When I was working as a cashier, we were told to ask for an ID from everyone that could be under 40. Which would make some customers mad.

some clerks make a 'show' of checking i.d. because of surveillance cameras but don't really care what they're looking at ...

not saying that's the case here but a lot of people are assuming she made an innocent or naive mistake and we don't know that to be the truth either

I also doubt very highly Jose Baez & team have any influence whatsoever on the ATF or whatever agency conducts these stings

personally I think the age of majority in America is too high anyway - let them drive and go to war but not drink?

Makes one wonder if they were doing stings at different stores around the area or just this one. If it was just this store being targeted I'd have one guess of who could be behind it. I bet you that Jose and FCA are jumping for joy over this news. Who was it that offered her this job to start with? What she did was wrong. One has to wonder about her math skills being that she carded the person but failed to add it up. KWIM? She just lost some credibility if she had any to start with. I'm still behind her in her case against FCA, but this probably threw a wrench in the mix.

Is this the job the Dr Phil show organised for her when she appeared in (was it) April? Whatever I think of Casey, I think the claims in this lawsuit are somewhat exaggerated .. she was cleared fast and lets face it Casey was under arrest as main suspect within hours of her 'Zenaida' claim. Grubby at best.

Is this the job the Dr Phil show organised for her when she appeared in (was it) April? Whatever I think of Casey, I think the claims in this lawsuit are somewhat exaggerated .. she was cleared fast and lets face it Casey was under arrest as main suspect within hours of her 'Zenaida' claim. Grubby at best.

cleared yes but the damage was already done. Zanny, the nanny aka Zenaida G / FG had taken Caylee. FCA had dropped Caylee off at the Sawgrass Apartments and Zenaida took off with her. This Zenaida had been to the Sawgrass Apartments the week that fca said a Zenaida FG had taken Caylee. By direct association with the Sawgrass Apartments, by her name and by the words out of fca's mouth, this Zenaida will forever be associated with the real/unreal Zenaida that kidnapped Caylee. She is an innocent victim and continues to be so. If she had robbed a bank it would not change my mind about how she was minding her own business and got pulled into this and as others have posted, if she had not been directly linked to Caylee's "kidnapping", and possible murder if fca told anyone about the kidnapping by fca's own signed statement and 911 call- Zenaida selling to a minor would not have made any press, especially on cnn.

RBBM, Mrs G Norris. I don't care a whit about how fast she was "cleared." Because it wasn't quite fast enough for the media to not have released every little dirty secret from her past and not fast enough for her children to feel they should defend their mother amongst their peers. And not fast enough to prevent Cindy from fueling the fire of the damage. And not fast enough to prevent her current problems from making headline news.

Exaggerated? Nope. Because we now have "breaking news" proof via HLN that her life will never ever be the same again. All because of Casey Anthony's lies.

I don't think Morgan himself could have found better proof for his case than this, seriously. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back