2016.02.23 Jimmy Ray Rodgers booked into Lee County Jail

It will be interesting to see if JR chooses to take this to trial.
I don't think he is going to have any leverage to plea deal for the crimes committed in this case by CWW or MS. What I do wonder if he has knowledge of serious crimes committed in Missouri if he would have leverage for a plea. Can Florida make a plea deal for him to cooperate with the courts in another state?
I don't think it has been decided yet if the state has announced if they are going to go for the death penalty. If they do go for it JR may choose to plead guilty. I don't know how it works but in Florida a jury has to decide to sentence someone to death, not a judge. My understanding is there is not a trial when a person pleads guilty so how does it work? Does a judge pronounce him guilty then a jury comes in for the sentencing phase, or does the death penalty automatically come off the table if he pleads guilty?
JR has spent time in prison, so he knows the life of prison. IMO he knows the difference of serving life in prison and serving a sentence in solitary on death row. He may not be afraid of death, but the conditions that he knows he will have to live under until the sentence is carried out may be what makes him decide to plead guilty just before trial.
Just my thoughts at this time, but if the death penalty is applied to the case against JR I see him pleading guilty just before trial.

The notice to seek the death penalty for JRR and MS has been filed as of today

I don't think he is going to have any leverage to plea deal for the crimes committed in this case by CWW or MS. What I do wonder if he has knowledge of serious crimes committed in Missouri if he would have leverage for a plea. Can Florida make a plea deal for him to cooperate with the courts in another state?
I don't think it has been decided yet if the state has announced if they are going to go for the death penalty. If they do go for it JR may choose to plead guilty. I don't know how it works but in Florida a jury has to decide to sentence someone to death, not a judge. My understanding is there is not a trial when a person pleads guilty so how does it work? Does a judge pronounce him guilty then a jury comes in for the sentencing phase, or does the death penalty automatically come off the table if he pleads guilty?
JR has spent time in prison, so he knows the life of prison. IMO he knows the difference of serving life in prison and serving a sentence in solitary on death row. He may not be afraid of death, but the conditions that he knows he will have to live under until the sentence is carried out may be what makes him decide to plead guilty just before trial.
Just my thoughts at this time, but if the death penalty is applied to the case against JR I see him pleading guilty just before trial.

Thanks for this and it was very Interesting to read your thoughts now that death penalty is on the table ... now we will see what kind of hand JRR has been holding.

The notice to seek the death penalty for JRR and MS has been filed as of today

This could be another reason MS did not appear in court yesterday...he was furious this was filed. His lawyer probably told him, if he had trouble with his rage not to attend.

Also, this may be why JRR court date was changed.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

Thanks AmazonRain for the update.

I think JR has a little bit of leverage here. Not much, but enough to strike a deal for LWOP in exchange for testifying against Mark and supporting Wayne's statement. If you recall, when JR asserted his right to a speedy trial, the judge asked about possible plea negotiations and the SAO responded [paraphrasing] - "We haven't had any offers but are willing to review and consider."

I totally interpret that as "Hey, we already dotted all of our i's and carefully crossed our t's when negotiating Wayne's sworn statement BUT if you want to avoid the DP, we'll consider a LWOP plea in exchange for your corroborating statement. Sorry bud, but Wayne's statement was most crucial and he wisely was the first to sing. No sweet 25 year deal for you on the table. Not happening."

I don't know why it is, I keep finding myself feeling bad for JRR. Maybe because he's so young... I don't know. I just keep reminding myself of his gloating fb post after Teresa's murder, then all that pity magically melts away.

I don't know why it is, I keep finding myself feeling bad for JRR. Maybe because he's so young... I don't know. I just keep reminding myself of his gloating fb post after Teresa's murder, then all that pity magically melts away.
No need to feel sorry for JRR. He didnt hesitate to sadistically bludgeon an innocent human being to death for a measley $10,000 bucks. To me it shows a lack of empathy and conscience. He was bound to kill someone sooner or later. Yeah, he's young but he started disobeying the law young too. He is a blooming sociopath.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well- to be honest of the 3 men- I "strongly dislike" JRR the least. Is this the same as agreeing with you? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolded in red by me. Corey Lazar from WINK news stated that a judge would need to agree with the jury for the death sentence. This was in one of Corey's live reports on Facebook. I don't know how to bring that link over but you can look up Corey Lazar on Facebook.

I know what you mean. I've been doing the same thing but then I envision him holding the murder weapon. I don't know about you but I think for me it throws me off because he looks young and baby faced. His exterior certainly doesn't match what was going on internally IMO.

Well- to be honest of the 3 men- I "strongly dislike" JRR the least. Is this the same as agreeing with you? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could it be because we are not aware of JRRs dastardly deeds? We know the least about JRR so he is less menacing I guess.

Pretrial Conference at 130 eastern time.

Per post 302 by GreaterThan.(sorry, iPad will not let me cut and paste)

Thanks GT

Could it be because we are not aware of JRRs dastardly deeds? We know the least about JRR so he is less menacing I guess.

Great thought! That very well may be it!

I think JR has a little bit of leverage here. Not much, but enough to strike a deal for LWOP in exchange for testifying against Mark and supporting Wayne's statement. If you recall, when JR asserted his right to a speedy trial, the judge asked about possible plea negotiations and the SAO responded [paraphrasing] - "We haven't had any offers but are willing to review and consider."

I totally interpret that as "Hey, we already dotted all of our i's and carefully crossed our t's when negotiating Wayne's sworn statement BUT if you want to avoid the DP, we'll consider a LWOP plea in exchange for your corroborating statement. Sorry bud, but Wayne's statement was most crucial and he wisely was the first to sing. No sweet 25 year deal for you on the table. Not happening."

Agree & thanks for posting this, beach. We can't know WHAT may come up factually so lots in question here. I've always wondered what & how much JRR knew THEN may have witnessed.... knowingly BUT ALSO unbeknownst to MS & CWW that could later be corroborated. The way it looks on the outside, docs & all, it appears MS only communicated directly with CWW. I wanna know now but we can't have our candy yet. We must wait for every rock to be turned over, more 'reveals'. And ultimately the trial.

The nails are being hammered into MS coffin slowly, methodically.... one at a time.

Agree & thanks for posting this, beach. We can't know WHAT may come up factually so lots in question here. I've always wondered what & how much JRR knew THEN may have witnessed.... knowingly BUT ALSO unbeknownst to MS & CWW that could later be corroborated. The way it looks on the outside, docs & all, it appears MS only communicated directly with CWW. I wanna know now but we can't have our candy yet. We must wait for every rock to be turned over, more 'reveals'. And ultimately the trial.

The nails are being hammered into MS coffin slowly, methodically.... one at a time.

My guess is JRR is left handed. The autopsy likely revealed that the attack was by a left-handed person. That puts the hammer directly in his hand. This in addition to his email synching with the GPS, his phone triangulating to the Sievers' home and the evidence retrieved after TaySho's interview where he confessed about the hammer being the weapon. It all points to him. CWW might have been the go-between, but Mark and JRR are the two who are the "most guilty."

One thing that is curious to me is how Mark knew the amount of blows delivered (as related by his long-time friend from Missouri). That and it was again brought up in the DCF hearing just recently. It baffles the mind, really. But now that I think about it, we know how Mark likes to document and count his "O's" and other various other yuck. I guess it wouldn't surprise me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jensy
Back