24 June 2010 - Update: Is this a Cold Case?

But just because he's a known drug dealer, doesn't mean that he has ever been found. If I were him and found out about Gabe missing becoming national and that I had been involved with him and his mother (to whatever extent), I would hit the road and set up shop elsewhere, than to be dragged into the investigation.

I always wondered why KG never mentioned any theories on HG and how he fit into EJ's journal. Is HG just seen as a drug dealer she hooked up with while in SA-end of story?? You would think there would be more to it. I thought she did not have a history of drug use. She was seen with him the first day she was in SA. So strange..

Where are you all getting that LE knows who the HG is or that he's a drug dealer? Looks to me like the reporter is saying HG is a known drug dealer and that the reporter is saying that Elizabeth was seen with the HG.

To the best of my knowledge, only one person, a desk clerk, has ever claimed to see EJ with a HG. Personally, I think the desk clerk was... mistaken..., and that there was never any HG with Elizabeth.

Police also would not say whether they were able to locate a young Hispanic man, a known drug dealer, seen with Johnson at a motel in San Antonio where she was staying, according to authorities. Nor did they release the man's name.

:cow:

Police also would not say whether they were able to locate a young Hispanic man, a known drug dealer, seen with Johnson at a motel in San Antonio where she was staying, according to authorities. Nor did they release the man's name.

It's not like the East Valley Tribune to make stuff up, but possible. I'll email Mike Sakal to see if I can get confirmation that this information was received directly from LE (if he responds). I'll also list it in questions for the family thread to see if they can confirm.

I would think the story would have been worded more like

"Police could not confirm if there was or was not a young hispanic male with her"

rather than

Police also would not say whether they were able to locate a young Hispanic man

And if there isn't a young man, why would they have a name to release

Nor did they release the man's name

Just makes me think that there really was HG there. JMHO

I am disgusted and angry that this is what this world is coming to. Dishonesty, lack of human empathy, and loyalty to evilness is way to prevalent. G's case has been handled poorly and has been in catch up mode throughout the whole investigation.

I cannot fathom this. I still have faith he will be found, but having a pure heart towards the people who have G, is nonexistent.

Well this is all very interesting information...but I'm not surprised....

It's not like the East Valley Tribune to make stuff up, but possible. I'll email Mike Sakal to see if I can get confirmation that this information was received directly from LE (if he responds). I'll also list it in questions for the family thread to see if they can confirm.

No I don't think they'd make stuff up, I just know that reporters sometimes get things wrong, and sometimes their use of grammar conveys something different from what they intended.

I'm just not taking from the way it's worded that LE said he's a drug dealer. So far as I know, LE has never identified the HG. I've sent MissingGabe an email to ask if there's new info about this.

Well, I have been totally unimpressed and suspect of the SAPD from the beginning. Their refusal to issue an amber alert was my first clue as to how they were going to treat this case.

Where are you all getting that LE knows who the HG is or that he's a drug dealer? Looks to me like the reporter is saying HG is a known drug dealer and that the reporter is saying that Elizabeth was seen with the HG.

To the best of my knowledge, only one person, a desk clerk, has ever claimed to see EJ with a HG. Personally, I think the desk clerk was... mistaken..., and that there was never any HG with Elizabeth.

:cow:

I find it very odd, that based on the case calender, EJ was seen with HG 10 times...if that's the case, and the only witness is the desk clerk, that desk clerk must not be a very busy person at the check in desk ! I wonder if the desk clerk was a he and he may be Hispanic? Just a thought!

I find it very odd, that based on the case calender, EJ was seen with HG 10 times...if that's the case, and the only witness is the desk clerk, that desk clerk must not be a very busy person at the check in desk ! I wonder if the desk clerk was a he and he may be Hispanic? Just a thought!

BBM

Well, speaking from experience as a former front desk clerk years ago at a busy Disneyland hotel, when you know about a trouble maker, you keep an eye on them to see who they are associating with, no matter how busy the hotel was. We had one night that a trio of robbers was hitting all the hotels in the area, and I spotted them in our busy lobby, and even though I knew the cops were staked out in the hotel and parking lot, I kept my eye out on the 3 as best I could with dozens of guests coming and going.

If that clerk knew he was a drug dealer, he could have kept an eye on out him to see what he was doing there.

BBM

Well, speaking from experience as a former front desk clerk years ago at a busy Disneyland hotel, when you know about a trouble maker, you keep an eye on them to see who they are associating with, no matter how busy the hotel was. We had one night that a trio of robbers was hitting all the hotels in the area, and I spotted them in our busy lobby, and even though I knew the cops were staked out in the hotel and parking lot, I kept my eye out on the 3 as best I could with dozens of guests coming and going.

If that clerk knew he was a drug dealer, he could have kept an eye on out him to see what he was doing there.

I could understand your situation...But you were in the hotel where you could see the lobby....Bless ya ...Disneyland is very busy for sure...the hotel EJ was, I would doubt be that busy, BUT I could be wrong for all I know...and I wanted to insert if EJ and HG were in the lobby I could understand that...but where they were seen has not been made known to us...if it was in the lobby...then there ya go... that I could understand..

Too me, this is not a cold case...it's as cold as LE either in SA or AZ want it to be....JMO..

I could understand your situation...But you were in the hotel where you could see the lobby....Bless ya ...Disneyland is very busy for sure...the hotel EJ was, I would doubt be that busy, BUT I could be wrong for all I know...and I wanted to insert if EJ and HG were in the lobby I could understand that...but where they were seen has not been made known to us...if it was in the lobby...then there ya go... that I could understand..

Well, I could see a lot of the parking lot from my vantage point, but I can't say what the hotel clerk could see. Could also be that the clerk was a smoker, and I don't know if employees can smoke inside TX hotels, but out here they can't, and would go to the parking lot to smoke.

It's not 10 times. The date ranges had to be taken out of the calendar because of the different time zones making it appear differently to different people. I'll work on it next week and see if I can fix it. Right now, I don't know what a solution is, except for everybody who reads Gabe's calendar to move to the east coast :)

It's not 10 times. The date ranges had to be taken out of the calendar because of the different time zones making it appear differently to different people. I'll work on it next week and see if I can fix it. Right now, I don't know what a solution is, except for everybody who reads Gabe's calendar to move to the east coast :)

you could just put an asterick that the date is in whatever time zone
I think people can figure it out from there :waitasec:

I'm still confused on HG. It didn't come from LE it came from the hotel employee. So the hotel employee said that HG is a known drug dealer. Well then wouldn't she/he be able to identify HG to LE if this employee knows him??

I'm still confused on HG. It didn't come from LE it came from the hotel employee. So the hotel employee said that HG is a known drug dealer. Well then wouldn't she/he be able to identify HG to LE if this employee knows him??

You would think so. However, despite the info provided by the desk clerk, no one has ever been able to identify or locate the HG. Per MissingGabe, SAPD does not believe he exists.

I have come to believe he doesn't exist, except in the mind of the desk clerk, for whatever reasons she had, and it's rare for me to doubt someone. My tendency is to take someone's word, unless/until they give me reason to doubt them. No one being able to identify or find the HG, despite the massive efforts to find him, is reason enough for me to doubt them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back