2nd Anniversary of Baby Lisa's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but I don't think the local media is yet at the stage where everybody is tired of no news and the case couldn't get any coverage even if the parents stood on their heads and cried.

When they did the blogtalkradio interview in July it made the news.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/parents-of-missing-baby-lisa-speak-on-blog-talk-radio-show

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oTPWZXnl_c"]Baby Lisa's parents say she is still alive - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe we'll see something when the anniversary nears.

It probably is too much to expect any "it's a year, 11 months and two weeks and two days" stories without any breaking news or fresh interviews.

I think Lisa's parents probably would have a better chance of making the headlines locally than some other parents because they've avoided most of the local media so far and getting an interview would be a small victory. The media has not been oversaturated with their story.

On the whole I think it probably is a little harsh to expect the grieving families of missing people to be in the news constantly. Publicity is hard enough for people who are not in a crisis and if people have children to take care of they need to return to some semblance of normality eventually.

But if Lisa has been kidnapped, there needs to be some publicity, sometimes, in order for her to be found some day.

I'm still hoping for the age progression image.
I can't understand the comments that they don't do it for children under two, or was it three years because they don't change that much. Those children are the ones that change the fastest, imo...

New flier for 2nd anniversary (if it attached) *click to enlarge*

Attachments

• Lisa2ann.jpg
    Lisa2ann.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 26
Those children are the ones that change the fastest, imo...

that's what i thought but there was a contradiction about this in another thread...

Investigators now face the great challenge of finding the girl at an age where most children physically change incredibly quickly.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19726738/findlisairwin.com

vs.

Steve Lofton, a forensic artist for the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children, said the faces for kids under the age of 2 don't change that much...

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region...agent:-lisas-looks-are-changing#ixzz2bs4zuckd

original thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166065&page=27

That means nothing.. Because someone is helping them out it does not mean anything else.

No one has any idea what their efforts are.

Well,I do know what I DON'T see on TV or anywhere else, & that is Lisa's face & name. If it were my child, I would move heaven & earth. But that's just me.

Odd, I just sent a friend request within the last 30 mins.

Here's a screenshot of how I see their FB page. No option to send a friend request.

3UPYH.png

It was right where it says friend request sent

Maybe you're able to send a friend request because you have a mutual friend?

ETA: Yup. If you go into your Privacy Settings, you'll see that it says "Who can send me a friend request?" and the options are "Everyone" or "Friends of Friends".

Maybe you're able to send a friend request because you have a mutual friend?

ETA: Yup. If you go into your Privacy Settings, you'll see that it says "Who can send me a friend request?" and the options are "Everyone" or "Friends of Friends".

Yes, they have 1 mutual friend.

dewey, your real name might be in that... you might want to delete...

n/m... that's someone you're chatting with

That's why I editted it, but I am going to delete it now that you know you can send a friend request if you want to.

You can only send a friend request if you have any MUTUAL FRIENDS with that person/page. Your screenshot showed you have 1 mutual friend.

You can only send a friend request if you have any MUTUAL FRIENDS with that person/page. Your screenshot showed you have 1 mutual friend.

WS isn't co-operating with my PC tonight. I'm not sure if you can or can't send a request without a mutual friend. I guess I could have purged my friend list, before trying, and then sent that one friend another friend request after, but I didn't realize that was going to come up as an issue in this. So I can't really debate whether that is the reason I was able to send one or not.

WS isn't co-operating with my PC tonight. I'm not sure if you can or can't send a request without a mutual friend. I guess I could have purged my friend list, before trying, and then sent that one friend another friend request after, but I didn't realize that was going to come up as an issue in this. So I can't really debate whether that is the reason I was able to send one or not.

But I showed you a screenshot where I wasn't able to send a friend request to them. I don't have any mutual friends; you do. FB even has an option where only "friends of friends" can send a friend request.

Sad to see a second anniversary coming soon. Lisa is always in my thoughts.
Looking forward to seeing Lisa's age progressed photo.
Hoping and praying it will aid in Lisa's safe return.

Thanks Dewey for sharing the 2nd anniversary flier.

But I showed you a screenshot where I wasn't able to send a friend request to them. I don't have any mutual friends; you do. FB even has an option where only "friends of friends" can send a friend request.

I don't have any mutual friends with the Lisa Irwin Kidnapped page, so I can't send a friend request either. To my recollection, pretty sure I recall Lisa's grandma & cousin & several other friends/supporters of the parents run it, all using many various aliases. I would imagine that people who like to follow these types of cases might possibly be on that friend list as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500