30 March 2010: Blog entries about the Susan Cox Powell case

Yes. And who writes about themselves in the 3rd person, saying "susan" instead of "I"?

About the book excerpt, what struck me is that he buries her in a cave in a wooded area. After wrapping her in plastic and cleaning up the crime scene. At night, in a snowstorm.

I am NOT seeing where you are reading that. Help!

Click on the link, then scroll down to read the excerpt from the book. It is the scene of the body disposal, with a flashback to the murder.

Click on the link, then scroll down to read the excerpt from the book. It is the scene of the body disposal, with a flashback to the murder.

I see it now! I didn't scroll down that far. It sounds exactly like what we all think Josh did!

It was reported by Josh's coworker who spoke with the reporter on the telephone about Josh telling a group of people at a company Christmas party that the best place to hide a body is to dump it down a deep, straight down mine shaft, that Josh was really into watching crime shows on TV.

Would it be fair to assume that he liked to read murder mysteries as well?

I see it now! I didn't scroll down that far. It sounds exactly like what we all think Josh did!

It was reported by Josh's coworker who spoke with the reporter on the telephone about Josh telling a group of people at a company Christmas party that the best place to hide a body is to dump it down a deep, straight down mine shaft, that Josh was really into watching crime shows on TV.

I could think of a couple of people close to Susan who would read these....and not just female.

About the description, one word POI uses a lot, is "doing." I'm off now to read the story, if I don't be sick first just from above comments.

That certainly seems possible, doesn't it?

In the time that Susan and Josh lived in Utah, there were a couple of caves in the news because of other deaths there. Both the ones I'm thinking of were "sealed." I wonder how.

And I wonder whether there are any easily accessible caves, in terms of distance from the road, that could be 1) learned about while hiking typical trails, so not far and obscure and 2) secured with some kind of gate or grate, so a torch would be needed to access.

Read this scene. If Susan was a fan of these books, she probably had some lying around the house. Did anyone else read them?

http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bookid=4902&id=58370

From the book:

He glanced around carefully as he left the car. No one. The snow was piling in drifts. It would cover the tracks when he left, cover any signs of where he was going to put her. With any luck, by the time she was discovered there wouldn't be much left to find.

But as he picked up the plastic-shrouded body he reflected that those expensive outfits had concealed a heavy-boned frame. He tried to heave the bag over his shoulder, but, perverse in death as she had been in life, Ethel must have begun the process of rigor mortis. Her body refused to slide into manageable lines. In the end, he half carried, half dragged the bag as far as the incline, then sheer adrenaline gave him the strength to haul her up the sloping, slippery rocks to the spot.

The job was finished. The blowing snow had already covered up his footsteps. Ten minutes after he got out of here, all trace of him and the presence of the car would be obliterated.

It took three hours to get back into the city. The driving became more treacherous and he tried to keep his distance from other cars. He didn't need a fender bender.

It was just as he was draining the last warming sip of bourbon that he realized the one ghastly mistake he had made, and knew exactly who would almost inevitably detect it.

PickieChickie continues: Then there was the knock and the police. They were taking the van and charging into his house. "I've got to get back out there or I'll be caught!" His thoughts were whirling, hands shaking. What would he do?

It was then he decided he must leave the boys with his sister and rent a car!

I don't think we know what the bump was at the Duces. Should we guess it was bourbon?

I don't think we know what the bump was at the Duces. Should we guess it was bourbon?

Supposedly that couldn't have been Josh because of his germ phobia! Lol! I have been instructed not to go into any details on this site.

geology.utah.gov/online/pdf/pi-42.pdf

There are several caving groups here. I wonder whether any of them have been contacted by police or family for opinions on possible locations to search.

Supposedly that couldn't have been Josh because of his germ phobia! Lol! I have been instructed not to go into any details on this site.
:floorlaugh: A pity. I've been told all my life Bourbon's a very good germicide. Maybe he was, too, and he had a problem on his hands.

Double-posting to say, I wonder whether this caving accident could have been a trigger in terms of giving an idea to someone who wanted to get rid of Susan.

It was all over the news, as was the idea of "sealing" the cave with the body inside. Only a hermit in Utah could have missed this story.

This particular cave was sealed on Dec. 3. However, it is in the west desert, west of Utah Lake, according to what I can find online. And according to other websites, there are a lot of other caves in the area.

I wonder whether a perp:
- saw the news and got an idea about how to "seal up" a body
- went out to the area on the news to investigate and find perhaps another cave, including finding that metal grates cover some caves and would need to be opened
- or might even have tried to put a body in this cave to be sealed. When the news announced it would be done within 2 weeks, they had to act fast. But the cave was sealed in just a few days, so an alternate cave with a metal grate had to be found

Double-posting to say, I wonder whether this caving accident could have been a trigger in terms of giving an idea to someone who wanted to get rid of Susan.

It was all over the news, as was the idea of "sealing" the cave with the body inside. Only a hermit in Utah could have missed this story.

This particular cave was sealed on Dec. 3. However, it is in the west desert, west of Utah Lake, according to what I can find online. And according to other websites, there are a lot of other caves in the area.

I wonder whether a perp:
- saw the news and got an idea about how to "seal up" a body
- went out to the area on the news to investigate and find perhaps another cave, including finding that metal grates cover some caves and would need to be opened
- or might even have tried to put a body in this cave to be sealed. When the news announced it would be done within 2 weeks, they had to act fast. But the cave was sealed in just a few days, so an alternate cave with a metal grate had to be found

If the POI had been planning Susan's murder for some time, I'll bet he was furious he didn't drop her down the Nutty Putty mine before they sealed it off.

According to JP, dropping a body down a "straight down mine shaft" is the best way to assure a body is never found.

If he has done this, and I tend to believe this is the case, the only way the truth will ever come out is if someone Josh confides in decides to talk.

Apparently, you can restrict access to a cave with a metal grate.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13879115

I believe these are bat grates. It lets the bats habitating there have access to their home. Same with some mine openings.

Did you know people can be hypnotized when they are asleep? Someone needs to try this on Josh.

Nancy Grace - Facebook Post​
nancygracesusanpowellpost.jpg

Source - Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN?ref=ts
Nancy Grace's Cold Cases: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/03/grace.coldcase.powell/index.html

Susan Powell, Mom of 2 missing in Utah

What is it about these cases that compels otherwise decent human beings to turn with a vengeance on someone they don't even know? Oh, everyone justifies it by pointing out the behavior that is peculiar. And they justify it by claiming they want justice for the victim. In truth, they are no better than the persons who tried and convicted the innocent men and women of Salem Mass for witchcraft -- all because their behavior was a little peculiar. Posting a hateful, ugly, mean-spirited mobocratic message on a message forum or in the comments following an article is no less dangerous to our civilization, and no less anti-Christian and immoral.

An older blog.This person defends Scott Peterson also. more at link(scroll down)

http://pwc-consulting.blogspot.com/

Hateful? Innocent? What is he talking about? A world where consensus means nothing? Did all those who believed the POI was innocent just stand in silence due to fear of the "mob" in the mobocracy? Not one real whistleblower among them? Yes, someone is vilified. A pity. I'm still open to other ways of thinking, but over time, an opinion is formed like a scab on a sore.

Susan Powell, Mom of 2 missing in Utah

What is it about these cases that compels otherwise decent human beings to turn with a vengeance on someone they don't even know? Oh, everyone justifies it by pointing out the behavior that is peculiar. And they justify it by claiming they want justice for the victim. In truth, they are no better than the persons who tried and convicted the innocent men and women of Salem Mass for witchcraft -- all because their behavior was a little peculiar. Posting a hateful, ugly, mean-spirited mobocratic message on a message forum or in the comments following an article is no less dangerous to our civilization, and no less anti-Christian and immoral.

An older blog.This person defends Scott Peterson also. more at link(scroll down)

http://pwc-consulting.blogspot.com/

The person who has that blog is the infamous Marlene Newell who became far too well-known during the Scott Peterson case. She hasn't given up, either. Ugh!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghostrider2000
Back