4 in 10 U.S. children born in 2005 were out of wedlock

OceanEyes said:
Yes, and others were discussing how guys today only want one thing. I'm sooo sorry for going off topic. Please forgive me. :rolleyes:
WEll, not just ONE thing. I think they'd like a good meal beforehand!;)

JMO8778 said:
Well you know that's not likely.You're not getting what I'm saying...women deserve more than to be used ! It's like the old saying that says,why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?IOW,I think womengive itup far too quickly nowdays,and that doesn't tend to help the relationship down the rd.

I don't get what you're saying either.

Not all women throw themselves at the first thing that comes along, some of us have standards ya know!

I agree women like Britney are not helping our cause..

JMO8778 said:
Well you know that's not likely.You're not getting what I'm saying...women deserve more than to be used ! It's like the old saying that says,why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?IOW,I think women give it up far too quickly nowdays,and that doesn't tend to help the relationship down the rd.

Alas, I think I "get" - all too well - what you are saying: women are cows and should sell their milk for the highest possible price. The problem is that someday there will be a younger cow somewhere with fresher milk; if that's all you're selling, you'll be in trouble eventually.

Personally, I think it's better if couples have sex outside of marriage first, because sex is about the worst reason to wed. (If that's why you get married, eventually you'll discover there are other places to get sex.)

When sex is excluded as a bargaining chip, people can get married because both partners want to form an emotional, financial, social (as well as physical) partnership. And that's as it should be.

(This is not to say everyone should have sex on the first date. That's an individual choice, but if someone is going to abandon you because you don't have sex within 2 or 3 dates, you are probably better off without him.)

OceanEyes said:
I'm 23 and single. In the past 6 months, I've gone out with I'd say 10 guys. Not one of them lasted, because when I wouldn't sleep with them right away, surprise surprise, I never heard from them again. I don't know where else to meet a decent guy. It really sucks. I'm not a prude or anything, I just think you should get to know someone before you sleep with them. Someday my prince will come...
Good on you Ocean......you have respect for yourself....your prince will come along:)

dingo said:
Good on you Ocean......you have respect for yourself....your prince will come along:)
I agree with you dingo...Ocean will get her prince! I know I did!!!! :blowkiss:

deandaniellws said:
I agree with you dingo...Ocean will get her prince! I know I did!!!! :blowkiss:
I got mine too........and not all princes wear shiny armour:D.
Edit....I got confused with knights and princes...bit you know what I mean:D

JMO8778 said:
I agree,in general I'm saying that women aren't being asked for their hand in marriage as much anymore,b/c there is so much casual sex going on.No wonder marriage rates are down.I'm saying women need to stop letting themselves get used so much.
Or maybe men could learn to keep it in their pants and not have the double standard thinking that they are studs while women are *advertiser censored*.

Masterj said:
Or maybe men could learn to keep it in their pants and not have the double standard thinking that they are studs while women are *advertiser censored*.
:eek: :eek: :eek: LOL!;)

But it’s the fertility surge among unwed Hispanics that should worry policymakers. Hispanic women have the highest unmarried birthrate in the country—over three times that of whites and Asians, and nearly one and a half times that of black women, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Every 1,000 unmarried Hispanic women bore 92 children in 2003 (the latest year for which data exist), compared with 28 children for every 1,000 unmarried white women, 22 for every 1,000 unmarried Asian women, and 66 for every 1,000 unmarried black women. Forty-five percent of all Hispanic births occur outside of marriage, compared with 24 percent of white births and 15 percent of Asian births. Only the percentage of black out-of-wedlock births—68 percent—exceeds the Hispanic rate. But the black population is not going to triple over the next few decades.

more at:

http://www.city-journal.org/html/16_4_hispanic_family_values.html

JMO8778 said:
Well you know that's not likely.You're not getting what I'm saying...women deserve more than to be used ! It's like the old saying that says,why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?IOW,I think women give it up far too quickly nowdays,and that doesn't tend to help the relationship down the rd.
Funny... I've often thought: why should I buy the pig when I'm getting the sausage for free?
biggrin.gif

Masterj said:

Good luck wth that, Masterj. Of course that's how it should be, but good luck with that.

JMO8778 said:

I see what you're saying; and I think it's refreshing. I'm pretty liberal minded but I'm very old fashioned about sex and our bodies. I think we should have respect for ourselves, and that doesn't mean being promiscuous; my personal believe is sex should be with someone you really care for or love, or have some kind of deep relatonship with.

Back in "ancient times", when I grew up, there was alot of "hot and heavy" petting, but "nice girls" didn't just give themselves away. And alot of boys knew where the line was too. There parents would whack em good if they got a girl in trouble or worse.

But today, with the TV shows, magazines and movies, the things we read; how can you expect youngsters not to copy that and so forth?

That said, I don't think you have to be married to thoughtfully have a child together; but you sure better be able to take care of that child well, both emotionally and monetarily.

I'm disgusted by people who have a child in an off-handed way, and have no idea the responsibility inherent in that act; FOREVER. Like they went and got a new puppy, oh isn't it cute, but oh I had not idea I'd have to train it and take proper care of it.

Alot of movie stars and couples in their 20's and 30's are choosing to have a baby without marriage; I guess that's there choice but I hope there's some kind of commitment there, at least to the child.

Jeana (DP) said:
But it’s the fertility surge among unwed Hispanics that should worry policymakers. Hispanic women have the highest unmarried birthrate in the country—over three times that of whites and Asians, and nearly one and a half times that of black women, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Every 1,000 unmarried Hispanic women bore 92 children in 2003 (the latest year for which data exist), compared with 28 children for every 1,000 unmarried white women, 22 for every 1,000 unmarried Asian women, and 66 for every 1,000 unmarried black women. Forty-five percent of all Hispanic births occur outside of marriage, compared with 24 percent of white births and 15 percent of Asian births. Only the percentage of black out-of-wedlock births—68 percent—exceeds the Hispanic rate. But the black population is not going to triple over the next few decades.

more at:

http://www.city-journal.org/html/16_4_hispanic_family_values.html
I am so glad you posted this. A real eye opener on what we can expect America to look like in twenty years.
The break down of the family is going to effect everyone of us.

I guess some people aren't careful during sex b/c "it will never happen to me".When I lost my virginity my BF and I were like that, nothing ever happend, we got lucky. Disease wan't an issue b/c we had never been with anyone else and had been together since we were 15. Now that i am grown, I look back on how dumb that was. Of course it can happen to you, pregnancy and STD son't just happnen to the poor and minorities. I have kids of my own now and do not know how single mothers, let along single teen mothers do it. I guess you do what you have to do but I think it would be so hard. MAybe single young mothers should record their days to show in school, any mother for that matter. I know a day with my kids can be better that birth control sometimes.

Ella said:
I am so glad you posted this. A real eye opener on what we can expect America to look like in twenty years.
The break down of the family is going to effect everyone of us.

Actually Hispanics have pretty close-knit families. However, they do have alot of children and tend to be Catholic and I guess don't believe in birth control.

Living in Texas, already the change is clear, I believe in a few years I will be in the minority here (WASP).

All the more reason we need to close down the borders and do something about illegal immigration; because once again you should be able to support the children you have.

I hope this does not sound "racist", or anti'Hispanic; just confirming the facts as Jeanna posted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back