4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
That crossed my mind too, unlikely as it might seem... plus it makes no sense that they would have just written "curls" IMO. Wouldn't it at least have been "hair curls/curls of hair" for clarity if it was actually human hair?
CURL is also a command line tool and library for transferring data using various network protocols. Not that this was what they meant, but it's a possibility. If he had cURL scripts that showed he was transferring data it could be important.

MOO and just throwing it out there.

It doesn't seem odd to me. There's been plenty of talk here about his sleeping patterns, or lack thereof. And 4am-ish is also the time the crimes were committed.

And I apologize for this quote being from the DM:

Kohberger's unidentified downstairs neighbor echoed his strange late-night behaviors <snip>

she always heard Kohberger up late at night since he moved into the complex in August.

'He’s normally a very late-night person, going to the bathroom and vacuuming at 1 or 12 in the morning,' she said.

Coming from a night owl interested in chronobiology ))) Being nocturnal is not the sign of a criminal mind. 9% of us are nocturnal. 13% are skylarks, and the rest are scattered amidst four distinct, but different sleep patterns. Rather, and it is my own theory, if nocturnal people have to adjust to a totally different lifestyle, and the problem is being pushed to wake early, it might eventually contribute into depression.

I have a ton of ID cards in my glove box-every year when I renew my registration and insurance, I put the new one in the car but never seem to toss the old one. As far as the curls, I saw URLs in parentheses. I guess it’s all where your own mind takes you.

If that's the case he's cooked. I don't believe he would have the victim's ID stored like that though if he did take it and I don't think he had time to rummage around during the murders finding ID...Could be that he just keeps old ID's of his in a glove in a box...I guess.

Edited spelling
When I read "ID cards in glove box" I thought of car insurance ID cards. That's where I keep mine.

What if he took ID cards from the victims as souvenirs? Just a really chilling thought and it may explain why the number of cards is not included.
IMO I would imagine the ID Cards in the glove box are nothing more than where he kept his School ID, Teaching ID, Insurance ID Liability Card, Parking Tags etc. He may of even still had some old work ID's in there. MOO

I believe that LE was getting firsthand evidence as to whether his DNA exactly matched that on the knife sheath. Till then, they only had a match similar to his father’s DNA.
Ok good, the way I read it, I though he was carrying it with him!

Coming from a night owl interested in chronobiology ))) Being nocturnal is not the sign of a criminal mind. 9% of us are nocturnal. 13% are skylarks, and the rest are scattered amidst four distinct, but different sleep patterns. Rather, and it is my own theory, if nocturnal people have to adjust to a totally different lifestyle, and the problem is being pushed to wake early, it might eventually contribute into depression.

OTOH, sleep disorders are a thing and are associated with several different conditions (some of them neurological).

Sounds like BK remained nocturnal, according to two neighbors at Steptoe. IMO.

And on the topic of ID cards in the glove compartment, during my time at the police academy, I became convinced to follow the advice of all the commanders, captains and lieutenants: do not put any needed documents in a place you don't wish LE to search. Since I keep a self defense item in my glove department (not a gun), I do not want to have to open my glove box, because so doing can and does give LE the opportunity to search it.

Their advice was to keep it someplace where you don't have to reach inside any concealed compartment, as that makes officers nervous. They suggest clipping it onto the visor - which is what I now do. I keep my insurance cards in a tiny holder that attaches to my key chain - so that if I'm ever stopped, my hands will be always visible and I will not be leaning to open a concealed space.

I live in SoCal. And I've been stopped in two states merely for being out of state, IMO. At any rate, I'm always glad that my stuff is at hand, that I can indicate easily to the officer where my hands are going, etc.

All my opinion, based on LE advice.

When I read "ID cards in glove box" I thought of car insurance ID cards. That's where I keep mine.
Inside a glove inside a box is how the item is listed not inside a glove box. And items seized from the house, not the car, if I've understood correctly. But I tend to think they are probably old IDS of BK's. MOO

IMO I would imagine the ID Cards in the glove box are nothing more than where he kept his School ID, Teaching ID, Insurance ID Liability Card, Parking Tags etc. He may of even still had some old work ID's in there. MOO
Very likely. Could even include a Costco ID or something innocent like that.

But Item No. 1 just says "knife". The pocket knife (Taylor cuttery) is Item 57. IMO more than one knife was taken. Crossing my fingers that Item No. 1 is THE knife

I thought the Taylor cutlery was the kitchen knife. There's a Smith and Wesson pocket knife (if my eyes are any good).

I seriously doubt that it's THE knife, since it had its own sheath and the knife hypothesized early on was KaBar style (which can be hypothesized by the medical examiners and they probably did provide info to LE about the knife).

IMO.

CURL is also a command line tool and library for transferring data using various network protocols. Not that this was what they meant, but it's a possibility. If he had cURL scripts that showed he was transferring data it could be important.

MOO and just throwing it out there.
I like that angle, but I think in that (fairly remote) scenario, they would have just written "computer software" or something like that, for the purpose of this document. IMO!

I'm struggling like everyone to make out that line. I think it for sure says ID and something in brackets. U+U? W+U? I tried to make it be WSU, but I'm not seeing an S. U of I? UM?

I'm struggling like everyone to make out that line. I think it for sure says ID and something in brackets. U+U? W+U? I tried to make it be WSU, but I'm not seeing an S. U of I? UM?

I've come to the conclusion it's just the word 'cards', as others have before me. It's just awful handwriting compounded by being turned into a low-res image.

I thought the Taylor cutlery was the kitchen knife. There's a Smith and Wesson pocket knife (if my eyes are any good).

I seriously doubt that it's THE knife, since it had its own sheath and the knife hypothesized early on was KaBar style (which can be hypothesized by the medical examiners and they probably did provide info to LE about the knife).

IMO.
Yes, there were a total of three knives. I confused item 47 with the Smith and Wesson, but Item No. 1 just says “knife” with no other description. I am hoping that is THE knife. The importance of it being the first item on the list stood out to me…IMO

Attachments

• 8C4533BD-BF65-4C7A-8E4B-43EEF1F00F32.jpeg
    8C4533BD-BF65-4C7A-8E4B-43EEF1F00F32.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics