4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

Yup.

I have watched a lot of murder trials and DP trials and more $ is spent for BK and more leeway and time is given on Motion rulings for him compared to what I can compare it to.

Coddled comes to mind. Sorta makes me gag.
Agree. I thought Judge J. was too cordial at arraignment, a proceeding that calls for a brass tacks demeanor.
And this has continued.
Maybe it was a warm professional relationship with AT that has caused this.

Yup.

I have watched a lot of murder trials and DP trials and more $ is spent for BK and more leeway and time is given on Motion rulings for him compared to what I can compare it to.

Coddled comes to mind. Sorta makes me gag.
True. OTOH, it eliminates a potential appeal issue, MOO.

I think it’s also helpful to remember that unless the defense team complies with the statutory requirements of Idaho Code 19-519, none of the “star gazing” bloviating will be allowed at the trial, MOO. The best tactic the defense has in this case seems to be delay, delay, delay, so I give it credit for all the spaghetti throwing at this phase, MOO.

It matters not a rip whether people think that statute is fair or unfair, it’s the law in Idaho.

Sure, delay, delay, delay...there is a case in Florida that has been delayed for over a decade! Sure, the perpetrator was in jail the entire time, but it was ridiculous. Also, a DP case. When the evidence is tight, the only option available for the defense is to delay and obfuscate the justice system for as long as possible, which is just another manipulation game for the criminal.

Unless he set it up on a tripod somewhere, programmed to take photos at intervals.

Do his phone records sync with that? I seriously doubt it.

AT wants open hearings IMO precisely for What Might Slip Out. She all but admitted she wants to present BK's side to the public. Which is decidedly not where cases are to be tried.

No doubt she will soon suggest BK was stargazing twelve times. Under a different sky than the one Moscow has.

JMO
This is a horrible case. it is unbearably evil, four young people living their best life were butchered.
With that being said, star gazing as an alibis is hard not to laugh at. MOO

Agree. I thought Judge J. was too cordial at arraignment, a proceeding that calls for a brass tacks demeanor.
And this has continued.
Maybe it was a warm professional relationship with AT that has caused this.
Sometimes I think this judge has a tendency to over explain himself in hearings moo. It was good to witness him making an immediate ruling the other day but it was almost as if he asked for the D's opinion on timing of the ruling before making it.jmo. So on top of demeanour yeah I can see how he could come across as over cordial. moo

We've never heard
With that being said, star gazing as an alibis is hard not to laugh at. MOO
<snipped for focus>

"Star gazing" (more commonly known as sky watching) could be an alibi for someone who is interested in astronomy, but we have seen no evidence that BK is an avid sky watcher. Without evidence that he is in to astronomy, "star gazing" sounds odd, but those of us who are really interested in astronomy will head out of the city and suburban areas to drive in the countryside/rural areas to get away from the lights so that the sky is more clearly visible. Also the time of night matters as well, because some stars and/or constellations or planets are only visible at certain times. Certain meteor showers can often be in the middle of the night and heading out in the middle of the night to remote, dark areas is very common. No lights to obscure the sky is a sky watcher's dream. So this practice is very common among astronomy enthusiasts.

The

When it comes down to it, the DNA will be the main thing the jury concentrates on to put him in the house on that night.

I think the cell phone, blurry video and other data will be used "to tell the story" of when and how BK's DNA was left on a knife sheath in the house in a room where the murders took place.

Once DNA is allowed to be introduced as evidence... that does it. However, I can imagine a scenario where BK says he once went to a part there and left a knife sheath accidentally. BUT, he would have to TESTIFY himself to say that... and that would be BAD for him because the prosecution would have free reign to nail him to a wall with his "alibi

The defense has nothing.
Thank God.

I think the point they're trying to make is this:
I often hear mainstream media commenters saying : "if he was innocent he'd be screaming it from the rooftops!".
He obviously can't scream it from the rooftops, or make any public statements at all. So he's probably asked his lawyers to scream it for him, at every hearing, and that's what they've been doing.
That doesn't mean he IS, but IMO it shows his team doing the closest thing possible to what media commenters are saying he should be doing.
If BK had a solid, provable alibi he wouldn't still be sitting in jail awaiting trial for a quadruple homicide.

I've seen cases where LE have arrested a suspect and then found out later (the one in particular I'm thinking of) is that his GoFit, which he was wearing the night of the murders, showed his steps and the fact that he never left him home. He was released with apologies days later.

So IMO, if BK had a provable alibi, he wouldn't be where he is today.

If BK had a solid, provable alibi he wouldn't still be sitting in jail awaiting trial for a quadruple homicide.

I've seen cases where LE have arrested a suspect and then found out later (the one in particular I'm thinking of) is that his GoFit, which he was wearing the night of the murders, showed his steps and the fact that he never left him home. He was released with apologies days later.

So IMO, if BK had a provable alibi, he wouldn't be where he is today.

I agree completely.

If BK had a sturdy alibi it would be the first thing he’d have provided to LE, it would have been checked out and he wouldn’t be a suspect.

I’ve said before, the moon and the stars are not going to second his alibi. They’re not going to tell LE “yes, we could see BK on that night gazing at us, at that precise time, and he was outside alone.”

I can’t think of a more flimsy alibi than this one.

JMO

Its flims
I agree completely.

If BK had a sturdy alibi it would be the first thing he’d have provided to LE, it would have been checked out and he wouldn’t be a suspect.

I’ve said before, the moon and the stars are not going to second his alibi. They’re not going to tell LE “yes, we could see BK on that night gazing at us, at that precise time, and he was outside alone.”

I can’t think of a more flimsy alibi than this one.

JMO
It's flimsy but its only meant to open the door to attack cell evidence generally, so it is serving ATs purpose perfectly.

Its flims

It's flimsy but its only meant to open the door to attack cell evidence generally, so it is serving ATs purpose perfectly.
Agree. The defense believes that the prosecution has the evidence for their alibi defense. Hence the request by the defense awhile back for an ex parte hearing on the content of their alibi defense document and what the prosecution says is lacking. The defense wants an opportunity to explain to the judge what they believe they can prove from the cell evidence, but does not want to give this information to the prosecution.

JMO, IANAL.

We've never heard

<snipped for focus>

"Star gazing" (more commonly known as sky watching) could be an alibi for someone who is interested in astronomy, but we have seen no evidence that BK is an avid sky watcher. Without evidence that he is in to astronomy, "star gazing" sounds odd, but those of us who are really interested in astronomy will head out of the city and suburban areas to drive in the countryside/rural areas to get away from the lights so that the sky is more clearly visible. Also the time of night matters as well, because some stars and/or constellations or planets are only visible at certain times. Certain meteor showers can often be in the middle of the night and heading out in the middle of the night to remote, dark areas is very common. No lights to obscure the sky is a sky watcher's dream. So this practice is very common among astronomy enthusiasts.
The Leonid Meteor Shower is probably one of the most famous yearly events for amateur astronomers and was going on from Nov. 6 to Nov. 30, 2022. On Nov. 12-13, the meteor shower was building up to its peak which was on Nov. 17-18, 2022 and would include at least 15 meteors per hour. (In some years there are thousands of meteors per hour.) In particular these meteors can be extremely colorful. Leonids are known for Earth-Grazer meteors which have long tails and skim the horizon and fireball meteors which are extremely bright and last longer. These two types of meteors are easier to see. Peak meteor activity was at 3am in Wawawai park that night. In general, the Leonids are best viewed between midnight and 6am. It takes about 30 minutes for a human's eyes to adjust so they can see the meteors in the night sky. It takes 30 minutes to drive from the Steptoe Apartments to Wawawai Park. IMO, IF BK was doing this activity, logically he would have left his apartment no later than 11:00pm on November 12 to get to a no artificial light location in Wawawai Park and allow his eyes 30 minutes to adjust. My expectation is that he would not be the only person viewing the Leonids at Wawawai park that night. There ARE watch parties for meteor shower events, both informal and organized, so it is likely that there were others who were watching the Leonids in the same location(s) BK claims he was watching from. From the PCA, BK returned home around 5:30am, which IS consistent with viewing the Leonids or at least trying to view the Leonids from various locations. It takes about 43 minutes to get from Wawawai to 1122 King Rd.

And in October 2022, there was the Orinid Meteor Shower, lending at least some credibility to AT's allegation that BK had done this star-gazing before.

Now we wait to see if there are photos and/or witnesses that prove he was doing this activity that night during the critical timeframe - 4am to 4:20am.

The Leonid Meteor Shower is probably one of the most famous yearly events for amateur astronomers and was going on from Nov. 6 to Nov. 30, 2022. On Nov. 12-13, the meteor shower was building up to its peak which was on Nov. 17-18, 2022 and would include at least 15 meteors per hour. (In some years there are thousands of meteors per hour.) In particular these meteors can be extremely colorful. Leonids are known for Earth-Grazer meteors which have long tails and skim the horizon and fireball meteors which are extremely bright and last longer. These two types of meteors are easier to see. Peak meteor activity was at 3am in Wawawai park that night. In general, the Leonids are best viewed between midnight and 6am. It takes about 30 minutes for a human's eyes to adjust so they can see the meteors in the night sky. It takes 30 minutes to drive from the Steptoe Apartments to Wawawai Park. IMO, IF BK was doing this activity, logically he would have left his apartment no later than 11:00pm on November 12 to get to a no artificial light location in Wawawai Park and allow his eyes 30 minutes to adjust. My expectation is that he would not be the only person viewing the Leonids at Wawawai park that night. There ARE watch parties for meteor shower events, both informal and organized, so it is likely that there were others who were watching the Leonids in the same location(s) BK claims he was watching from. From the PCA, BK returned home around 5:30am, which IS consistent with viewing the Leonids or at least trying to view the Leonids from various locations. It takes about 43 minutes to get from Wawawai to 1122 King Rd.

Now we wait to see if there are photos and/or witnesses that prove he was doing this activity that night during the critical timeframe - 4am to 4:20am.

And in October 2022, there was the Orinid Meteor Shower, lending at least some credibility to AT's allegation that BK had done this star-gazing before.
“Now we wait to see if there are photos and/or witnesses that prove he was doing this activity that night during the critical timeframe - 4am to 4:20am“

Of course there’s not. If there were, we’d know about them already, and BK would be walking free.

MOO.

“Now we wait to see if there are photos and/or witnesses that prove he was doing this activity that night during the critical timeframe - 4am to 4:20am“

Of course there’s not. If there were, we’d know about them already, and BK would be walking free.

MOO.

It was cloudy and foggy that night. This has been previously posted.

And? Is that sarcasm because I’m confused lol.

Bryan couldn't have been star gazing in the ICE FOG CLOUDY CONDITIONS

Pullman Weather History for November 13, 2022
Show weather for:
November 13, 2022
Scroll right to see more
Conditions Comfort
Time Temp Weather Wind Humidity Barometer Visibility

12:33 am
Sun, Nov 13 Ice fog. 28 °F Ice fog. 3 mph ↑ 93% 30.25 "Hg 5 mi

12:53 am Ice fog. 28 °F Ice fog. No wind ↑ 93% 30.33 "Hg 5 mi

1:53 am Ice fog. 29 °F Ice fog. No wind ↑ 89% 30.35 "Hg 6 mi

2:53 am Ice fog. 28 °F Ice fog. 6 mph ↑ 89% 30.35 "Hg 6 mi