4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

I wonder if the dense fog that night had something to do with that night being picked for the murders. Harder to see someone if they were creeping around outside, more difficult to see or identify a vehicle? MOO

Except LE is pretty clear that it was his car and we all saw the Twitch video with amazing clarity. But somehow, it was too foggy to believe he was driving around. So was there dense fog or not? We can't have it both ways. MOO

Likely, the only witness to BK's activity that night is BK himself. I suspect what the defense is trying to accomplish is to enter some type of evidence that BK was driving around minding his own business without putting BK on the stand. It doesn't seem to me that he has appropriate communication skills to positively influence a jury.

For what seems to be a well-thought out plan, I wonder why he took his phone with him at all. He could have left it at home and said he was sleeping. He could have taken it to a location well away from Moscow and left it in a safe hiding place and then retrieved it on his way home (providing evidence he was not at the scene).

As for the weather, there seemed to be good visibility in the LE video taken from fraternity row, and the white car doesn't seem to be obscured in those videos.
MOO Hardly matters about visibility, "sky watching" MOO was just AT putting positive spin on, and to explain his nocturnal excursions which have an MH implication.

It seems the defense has more than just say so. AT wrote:View attachment 501776And then AT added this concerning piece of information:
View attachment 501775
Page 2 of:

IMO, the prosecution should be concerned and actively looking into this allegation. AT cannot lie in a court document. This is NOT a bluff. She knows what BT SHOULD have. If he doesn't have it, BT needs to find out why not and if he does have it and is withholding it, either accidentally or on purpose, that's illegal. He should do everything in his power to turn it over to the defense quickly. With the completely disorganized discovery he's turned over to the defense, he could explain he didn't know he had it, I suppose. The Judge should then appoint a Discovery Special Master.

All JMO.
Did you note the actual words? That the mobile device did not travel east? Then that it could not be the vehicle? That doesn't even make sense. The mobile device and the vehicle are not one and the same.

And when you see the word "including" as in the second quote, that is a switch to make you think what came before and what came after "including" are connected, when the are likely not. Including '"analysis" is not "including proof".

Those statements are word salad trying to imply something to get what AT wants and the prosecution is not required to disclosed at this time. In my opinion.

Did you note the actual words? That the mobile device did not travel east? Then that it could not be the vehicle? That doesn't even make sense. The mobile device and the vehicle are not one and the same.

And when you see the word "including" as in the second quote, that is a switch to make you think what came before and what came after "including" are connected, when the are likely not. Including '"analysis" is not "including proof".

Those statements are word salad trying to imply something to get what AT wants and the prosecution is not required to disclosed at this time. In my opinion.
Very good points, MOO.

I think it’s helpful to keep in mind that all of this discussion so far relates to BK’s non-alibi alibi that doesn’t conform to the requirements specified by Idaho Code Section 19.519, MOO.

For those who might have missed it, I highly recommend reading the State’s solid 04/26/2024 Response to Notice of Defendants Supplemental Response to States Alibi Demand.

The whole thing is worth reading, but I think this snip is important to understanding the spaghetti the defense is throwing, MOO.

IMG_2646.jpeg

Interesting to note that BK's defense has been saying GPS would be more important than pings since even before AT took over.
From a January 2023 interview of Labar, BK's PA lawyer:
"For one, the police went off cellphone pings rather than GPS coordinates.
If it was GPS location coordinates, you’re talking down to a meter as to where Bryan Kohberger was at the time of these crimes, whereas a cellphone tower ping is that you’re within a radius of that tower up to 20 miles”.

Interesting to note that BK's defense has been saying GPS would be more important than pings since even before AT took over.
From a January 2023 interview of Labar, BK's PA lawyer:
"For one, the police went off cellphone pings rather than GPS coordinates.
If it was GPS location coordinates, you’re talking down to a meter as to where Bryan Kohberger was at the time of these crimes, whereas a cellphone tower ping is that you’re within a radius of that tower up to 20 miles”.

But Labar, BK's PA lawyer, also said that Bryan admits his phone GPS puts him in Idaho...

LaBar said he spoke to Kohberger for around an hour Friday evening, discussing where he was at the time of the killings. “Knowing of course that it’s likely they have location data from his cell phone already putting him on the border of Washington and Idaho,” LaBar told CNN, “it was an easy decision obviously, since he doesn’t contest that he is Bryan Kohberger.”
“Bryan isn’t denying he was in Pullman through mid-December,” LaBar said. He also said he assumes law enforcement has his GPS data available through his mobile phone.

Last edited:
“Now we wait to see if there are photos and/or witnesses that prove he was doing this activity that night during the critical timeframe - 4am to 4:20am“

Of course there’s not. If there were, we’d know about them already, and BK would be walking free.

MOO.
Yes, there won't be photos or witnesses moo. And personally don't think D will encourage him to take the stand. AT is just doing stretchy stuff with what she has which is next to nothing. moo

SR testifies on more than just ZetX. We don't know what the defense is using yet. IMO, it will turn out the defense are using metadata. Metadata IS tested and IS proven to be far more reliable than CAST report data which uses cellular data because metadata shows the exact location whereas cellular data does not. But its may turn out the defense also uses cellular data. It will be interesting to see what happens.

All JMO.
CAST shows the distance the phone is from the tower in 30 degree arc.
When second tower gets pinged the two arcs can be drawn to show a specific location of the phone at the intersection of the arcs.
Phones actively continuosly seek towers with a handshake protocol.

If people would read AT's Motion it is plain she states that BK star gazed in the past ... there is no proof for the night of the murders.

All they have for the night of the murders is....

ZERO ZERO ZERO
Yes. People/msm keep missing that he has not presented an alibi (for the time of the murders). Wawawai park is NOT presented as the place he actually was between say 3.30 am and 430am. Photos are vaguely referred to from previous 'drives'. The whole non compliant supplemental response to alibi demand is just an exercise in vagueness and plausible deniability imo. No doubt JJJ will give D more time at his discretion for future compliance rather than exclude Sy Ray at this point.moo But eventually imo it will come down to BK taking the stand and little else if D decides to go ahead with an alibi. State's response to D makes perfect sense imo and the rest is noise. Moo

Edited spelling

Last edited:
What I've heard on these YouTube programs is that they're probably going to have to let him keep this non-alibi "alibi" because if he insists on saying he's somewhere else, that's just the way it is, it would be material that he's insisting it, even if it's obvious he's lying through his teeth. So speaking of teeth, I'm kind of gritting mine already, knowing I'm looking forward to months of "Bryan's stargazing."
Sure he can keep the non alibi but BK will have to testify imo to get it into evidence. Moo eventually Sy Ray will not be admitted as a 'witness' to BK's alibi because I believe that BK's phone was off between c2.47 and 4.48am on the morning of the murders and I speculate the P has evidence of this. If I'm right we'll see this evidence at trial imo.

He is a killer. He slaughtered the four. His alibi is weak and transparent. All he is doing is trying to cover <modsnip>. His defense team is his greatest supporter. I hope <modsnip> that he gets the worst punishable punishment allowed. <modsnip>
In some cases, a defendant's greatest supporter is his family. Has anyone from BK's family made any comment at all about supporting him? About believing he is innocent? About him being incapable of committing such an appalling crime? Anything? Anything at all?

In some cases, a defendant's greatest supporter is his family. Has anyone from BK's family made any comment at all about supporting him? About believing he is innocent? About him being incapable of committing such an appalling crime? Anything? Anything at all?
As far as I know, not a peep from the family: highly unusual

<snipped> Interesting the way they worded this IMO.

"We will continue to let the legal process unfold and as a family we will love and support our son and brother. We have fully cooperated with law enforcement agencies in an attempt to seek the truth and promote his presumption of innocence rather than judge unknown facts and make erroneous assumptions."

What Bryan Kohberger's parents have said about the Idaho murders

"We will continue to let the legal process unfold and as a family we will love and support our son and brother. We have fully cooperated with law enforcement agencies in an attempt to seek the truth and promote his presumption of innocence rather than judge unknown facts and make erroneous assumptions."

Interesting. What are they really saying here? What does "promote his presumption of innocence" actually mean? Does it mean that they really don't believe in his innocence, but feel they should go along with it for the sake of their loved son/brother?

Interesting. What are they really saying here? What does "promote his presumption of innocence" actually mean? Does it mean that they really don't believe in his innocence, but feel they should go along with it for the sake of their loved son/brother?
That's how I read it. Will stand behind the presumption of (legal) innocence and allow "the legal process to unfold".

Careful, respectful and probably very pained.

IMO

To Add....

I believe they are staying quiet out of respect for the 4 families. Also, Bryan's Pennsylvania attorney,
Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar, specifically told them not to talk about Bryan's guilt or innocence.

"We request privacy in this matter as our family and the families suffering loss can move forward through the legal process."

69 News Reporter Priscilla Liguori asked LaBar:

"They (Bryan's family) believe in the process, but are you able to say if his family thinks he's guilty or not?"

"I actually told them not to comment on it," said LaBar. "You know, they'll let it play out, unfold in court."

Another thing I've been thinking about, due to SG's outpourings of grief - I get the feeling that he is so fixated on the trial moving along and justice being meted out because deep down he believes that will help him (and all the others) feel a little better. I'm not at all sure that it will. JMO

To Add....

I believe they are staying quiet out of respect for the 4 families. Also, Bryan's Pennsylvania attorney,
Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar, specifically told them not to talk about Bryan's guilt or innocence.

"We request privacy in this matter as our family and the families suffering loss can move forward through the legal process."

69 News Reporter Priscilla Liguori asked LaBar:

"They (Bryan's family) believe in the process, but are you able to say if his family thinks he's guilty or not?"

"I actually told them not to comment on it," said LaBar. "You know, they'll let it play out, unfold in court."

Jan 3 2023

"They don't believe it to be Bryan. They can't believe this. They're obviously shocked," said Jason LaBar, the chief public defender of Monroe County.

"This is certainly completely out of character, the allegations, and really they're just trying to be supportive with the understanding these four families have suffered loss, so they're sympathetic towards that, and that's why it should remain really private, and they don't want to try this case in the court of public opinion," LaBar said.

Jan 3 2023

"They don't believe it to be Bryan. They can't believe this. They're obviously shocked," said Jason LaBar, the chief public defender of Monroe County.

"This is certainly completely out of character, the allegations, and really they're just trying to be supportive with the understanding these four families have suffered loss, so they're sympathetic towards that, and that's why it should remain really private, and they don't want to try this case in the court of public opinion," LaBar said.

Thanks. This is what I was trying to find:

"...these four families have suffered loss, so they're sympathetic towards that, and that's why it should remain really private..."

The 2 reasons they keep quiet are respect for the victims and their attorney advised them not to speculate on Bryan's guilt or innocence in public.

Another thing I've been thinking about, due to SG's outpourings of grief - I get the feeling that he is so fixated on the trial moving along and justice being meted out because deep down he believes that will help him (and all the others) feel a little better. I'm not at all sure that it will. JMO
Truth!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weary
Back