48 Hours: Eleven Hundred Miles to Murder - 18 February 2017 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS

I'm still livid but I will tell you what I believe -
I KNOW (personally KNOW) that CBS did their damnest to land interviews with TS's family, friends and other material prosecution witnesses. They were PO'd so they decided to crawl in bed with Mark & his family while sticking it to the victim's family who refused to sell out before trial.

It was a BIG [insertyouknowwhat] to Teresa's family.

I've covered tons of cases and seen hundreds of these type shows but I've never seen one so disrespectful toward the ultimate victim. Sad

It is really sad. All the real facts from the doc dumps paint the picture of Mark's guilt in sharpie that can not be erased because it is true. CBS could have brought some of the facts in the show but they didn't. No one convicted Mark, he did that all on his own with his actions and personality on all the public records. I sent an email to CBS expressing my anger that they ignored the facts and how they were wrong treating Teresa and her family like the culprits. How can a deceased woman defend herself? Websleuths will defend her!

In the edits as they sign off they say IN PRINT that Teresa's mother now has custody of the children. WTH?!? Why not ask WHY?!? Expound on THAT important FACT.

I am so mad I can barely speak. At nearly everyone in that piece. Need to cool off....
I had plans last night, so I watched this morning, and I am also mad as hell. I actually watched again later with my daughter. (She knows how special this case is to me)
After watching twice, I am twice as mad plus I didn't even see where TS mom now has custody of the girls.
My daughters 1st question was "Was she really that RUDE to people"? I am livid. The little snippets they chose to use on their show painted TS out to be a tyrant!

1. Sandra...OMG my daughter actually felt sorry for her.

2. She also felt sorry for BS who's little part of the interview shows her crying and saying "I feel like it's my fault." (at least that day she did seem sincere)

3. Why in world interview Frank, and give him so much time? He hadn't worked there in close to a year. He talked about her screaming at the patients which I call BS. Her patients came from all over just to see her and they all loved her. He talked about her screaming and ordering poor MS around. Like MS even worked at the office that long. What about all of MS's laziness Frank talked about during his interview? That MS didn't do anything but play on the computer? Never took the garbage or boxes out etc. What about you saying what a piece of crap he was at work?

4. They picked out the things that AL had to say about MS before they realized that everything he did and said was a LIE. (That's what psychopath's do, they manipulate people) About how MS was so much in love with TS that he worshipped the ground she walked on...when actually, what he worshipped was the lifestyle he had by marrying a Dr. and the MONEY PILE he thought he was about to get by killing the mother of his own children.

I feel so sorry for AL. Don't you know how sorry she feels for believing and saying those things to LE? Bless her heart. :frown:

5. And WTH with his STEP-sister < where did she come from??
Good ole STEP-mom piped in too. SMH.
BTW step-mommy and STEP-sis, NO MS DID NOT cooperate with LE. Maybe at 1st, when the poor grieving hubby arrived home from his alibi he talked to LE. Then he hired a lawyer and REFUSED to speak with LE after he so "willingly" gave them his phone.

I am so mad right now I can barely see. I'm need to take a break so I won't get a TO............

I knew absolutely nothing about this case. I saw it in the banner here. Took me about an hour to locate CBS on my cable network because it's been years since I watched any of those "mainstream channels". I watch 48 Hrs on ID, but I have never noticed a case sensationalized like this episode.

In fact, it seemed repetitive and I kind of tuned out after the first 20 minutes. No new info, just stay tuned to find out more about the murdered doctor. SMH.

Rest assured, I came away with the impression that the look-alike guy was the likely guilty party, with the husband being the mastermind. JMO. For some reason, I did not find the husband's defenders to be a sympathetic lot, just typical family members in denial. They made the doctor look like a quack trying to sell new age treatments, meanwhile up to her eyeballs in debt trying to impress others with her materialistic lifestyle. Seemed to me that she worked hard and had a lot of leeches, I'd be cursing people out too. If the husband was a nurse, he could have gotten a second job or chosen not to work under his wife.

I will now read as much as possible of all the information on the case here, but let me reiterate, I was not fooled by the obvious one-sided slant of the show, and overall thought because of that it was terrible in terms of documentary-type journalism. If they could only get one side of the story, perhaps they should have waited to televise this. I also thought it was tacky, another word that occurred to me while trying to watch.

You would need a 10 series Netflix documentary to cover all of Marks shenanigans

Thank you for posting the links since I missed the airing of the episode.

I am just a few minutes into this special. I did not know that 6 months after their beach wedding, the first daughter was born.

TSs former employees said the Dr yelled a lot but it was b/c she demanded perfection. Wonder why they felt it important to divulge that personality tidbit? Who cares if her voice was occasionally loud? Let's talk about her killers. TS was ambushed and brutally assaulted inside her own home. CWW couldn't hit her hard enough so his buddy the Hammer took over the paid hit for MS aka .
Exiting soapbox.... :gaah:

I see they didn't mention the new man-cave shed that Mark bought for Wayne shortly after the murder. Hmmmm.

Thank you for posting the links since I missed the airing of the episode.

I am just a few minutes into this special. I did not know that 6 months after their beach wedding, the first daughter was born.

TSs former employees said the Dr yelled a lot but it was b/c she demanded perfection. Wonder why they felt it important to divulge that personality tidbit? Who cares if her voice was occasionally loud? Let's talk about her killers. TS was ambushed and brutally assaulted inside her own home. CWW couldn't hit her hard enough so his buddy the Hammer took over the paid hit for MS aka .
Exiting soapbox.... :gaah:
Exactly! The disparaging remarks by Frank and Sandra about TS were so unnecessary. And so irresponsible for 48 hours to report it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 23f3444c0fb0a9f7ecda5809a8613a58.jpg
    23f3444c0fb0a9f7ecda5809a8613a58.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 23
Hopefully all that will come up in 48 hours part 2.

They wont do a part 2. They needed the rating and they think they hit the jackpot by getting exclusives with mark's family. Time will tell when they realize that their CBS program was a victim of the "let's save Mark Sievers" campaign. I have lost count on how many ppl told CBS they lost them as viewers.

From what Erin Moriarty tweeted to me she indicated they would be following up after the trial.

Oh Bonnie.... Erin, you there? If you guys are going to keep painting him as this wonderful father who only wanted to protect these girls and would do anything for them.....then one of you man up and tell us why a JUDGE granted Mary Ann permanent custody and RULED that Mark is only allowed a few weekly supervised phone calls and NONE OF THIS FAMILY can have unsupervised contact.

If you're going to "report", then by all means report ALL the FACTS.

It's laughable how willing you are to insult your audience. Even the ones that don't know all the details. Any FOOL would know that if a man was nearly stripped of his parental rights while awaiting trial and his family was denied unsupervised visitation, there is FAR MORE to this story. Insulting

From what Erin Moriarty tweeted to me she indicated they would be following up after the trial.

After last nights fiasco, you can bet your last dime it won't include any interviews with Teresa's family and friends. That horse has left the barn. Permanently.

Lets save Mark campaigners are in full swing on that page. I don't care if I was called a B****. The truth is out there on print and they are so blind!

I am so glad they showed Taylor Shoemaker's police interview. She was credible and very blatantly stated that MS was the mastermind behind the murder.

I realize the footage is edited to tell a story, yet I don't know why Sandra and Frank were given so much footage other than they were filler. Unfortunately, they did not come across as incredibly informed or astute IMO.

I wish more "time" could have been given to the local journalists who were seemingly fair and relatively unbiased in their reporting. They did reach a conclusion on their own, which was obvious at least IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloridaThemisProject
Back