5 People, incl 4 High School Cheerleaders killed in TN crash

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
5 People Including Four High School Cheerleaders Die in Crash in East Tennessee
Last Update: 10/25 10:08 pm

Huntsville, Tenn - Authorities say a fifth person has died after a sports utility vehicle carrying high school cheerleaders collided with an oncoming car on a rural East Tennessee road.

More at link:
http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/new...d=204aafa4-655f-47ca-ba81-b67876dab599&rss=60

Gosh! It seems like so many cheerleaders are getting killed in automobile accidents these days. I heard they weren't wearing their seatbelts. :( And one gal in the vehicle lost her unborn child. :(

My heart and prayers go out to their friends and loved ones!

That is horrible. It looks like two of the girls may have been sisters. I feel awful for the families.

Yes, two of the girls killed were sisters. Also, from the first link I posted, it sounded to me like the girl that lost the baby she was carrying, also lost her mom - they were in the Taurus that was hit by the SUV, with the cheerleaders. Heartbreaking!

I found another article which shows pictures of the girls, the cheerleading squad and the horrible accident.

Here's a snippet from the article that quotes the girls' coach:

"This morning, I tried to close my eyes a few times, but every one of them's faces just kept popping up, and I'm sure there's going to be a lot of sleepless nights," said Coach Cynthia Reynolds.

She's coached the high school team for seven years and spent several years before that coaching many of them in middle school.

"As bad as I'm hurting over four of them, there's mommies and daddies and sisters and brothers that are hurting," she said.

Reynolds described Hughett as a "comical" girl always ready for a laugh.

She says Jamie had a smile that lit up her face, and her sister Aleasha spent Friday night walking the field for Senior Night.

Meanwhile, Reynolds said Mason was a superior tumbler who would spend all day cheering if she could. "She was probably headed for a scholarship anywhere. She could do anything she wanted to," Reynolds added.

"It's not just girls with a name, they meant something to a lot of people, and it's heartache, but with the Lord's help, I'm sure that we'll get through it, but you know, lives have changed forever," she said.

Hall says there will be a prayer vigil at the high school on Monday at 7pm.

More at link:
http://www.wbir.com/news/breaking/story.aspx?storyid=67446&catid=29

Prayers to all who are affected by this horrific loss. Prayers for the entire community. Tragic!

What a tragic accident. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends.

This is just unbelievably sad. I can't imagine those poor families. God...to lose one child is unbearable....to lose 2....i can't even begin to imagine..
those poor families....

This truly is devasting. My heart really goes out to the parents and families of these girls. I can't help but to feel especially sad for the parents that lost two children. I wouldn't know how to go on......

Oh, this is so horrible. My heart just breaks for the families of these four children and the other passenger.

This happens just too often, when you get a bunch of kids riding together. Always wear your seatbelts!!! Airbags can be helpful also. And SPEED KILLS.

My thoughts and prayers so go out to these families and this community. I know what they are going through. This story brings back too many feelings. My niece was one of the 6 BGSU students killed in an accident in 2002. http://www.bgnews.com/home/index.cf...story_id=612a904b-f3b5-4fe7-844e-0aede46d894e
My brother lost 1 daughter and he wasn't sure he could survive it. The sorrow for the family that lost 2 daughters is almost too hard to think about.
I pray for all the families and for the community. I know they are all hurting so much right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back