50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year's everyone! I hope everyone is safe and healthy. Is there anything new going on with this care? Has anyone heard from nurse? I wonder how BK spent his holidays? Wishing him (and all of you) all the best!

case, not care!

an interesting article about cases such as Benjaman's:

With nameless patients, hospitals on their own

As panicked family members searched, Chester Ray Miles lay in a Houston hospital for five days — swollen, injured and unable to identify himself.

Only a media blitz helped a nurse identify the stabbing victim as the Houston minister who had been reported missing after last being seen dropping his daughter off at school.

He was one of roughly 20 patients who were nameless — some briefly, but others for days — when they were admitted to Ben Taub General Hospital in December.

They're patients who arrive unaccompanied, unconscious or otherwise unable to speak. Some are victims of accidents or crimes, their billfolds or other personal belongings missing or swiped from them. In the more difficult cases, the victims are homeless or elderly.

Federal privacy laws, intended to protect patients, make it even more difficult for family members to locate loved ones. Hospital officials can release patients' conditions only to callers who ask for them by name, a tricky policy to navigate with nameless patients.

more at link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5414641.html

Yeah, Lion, unless Kyle Wade Clinkscales had a nose job it isn't a match. Good catch! I'll keep looking and lurking!
NeedtoRead

The nose...OK...let's NOT make that a factor, IMO, FWIW. BK was beaten severely, yes? His nose being SO distinctive could very well be because of injuries?

We should look at his injuries, everything we think may have happened during the commission of the crime that left him behind BK? Could his face have been injured, his nose?

Christine, since no mention was made of his face having been harmed or damaged, whereas details about other injuries/prior surgeries like his head wounds, his neck, and his arm, I am thinking his nose may have escaped injury. However, in this case his entire facial structure doesn't quite match, imo. But, this is just my opinion, and like I say often, someone else may see something that I don't.

Hey Christine, I hope all is well with you btw, friend:).

Lion

Hey Christine, I hope all is well with you btw, friend:).

Lion

U too! When u comin to train Ranger????? We r waitin'!

Ty Lion, that's why I said, let's check everything we know medically and be sure, if you have, ;) good. If not, let's be sure before we use that as a rule out.

I haven't checked it out thoroughly because I don't have anyone to call. I am only going on the reports that I've read, and I have read all of them that I could find. I am willing to call the agency handling Benjaman's case and ask if there were injuries to his face including his nose that may make his physical description different from what it may have been prior to him being injured.

If you like you can PM or email me the info--if you think it is the right thing to do:). I can call after I get home from work tomorrow. This way we can rule out possible matches that have conflicts with Benjaman's facial structure, and it may save us precious time and energy.

Lion

Even if BK's face was not damaged in 2004, I think his nose looks like it has been broken in the past, IMO, in that it has a pretty distinct angle to it. It would be easier to ascertain-someone want to contact NB and ask if he snores or has a deviated septum, lol? I think one of his ears looks like it may have had the cartilage damaged as well-I mentioned this in a PM to Cloekins 100 years ago...

Someone on the City Data page suggested that BK might have played Tennis and had surgery on his elbow to repair that...maybe we should accumulate a list of questions like this and send them along??

Is there a chance that the police report from 2004 included photos of BK when he was found? Those might be worth reviewing as well.

Even if BK's face was not damaged in 2004, I think his nose looks like it has been broken in the past, IMO, in that it has a pretty distinct angle to it. It would be easier to ascertain-someone want to contact NB and ask if he snores or has a deviated septum, lol? I think one of his ears looks like it may have had the cartilage damaged as well-I mentioned this in a PM to Cloekins 100 years ago...

Someone on the City Data page suggested that BK might have played Tennis and had surgery on his elbow to repair that...maybe we should accumulate a list of questions like this and send them along??

Is there a chance that the police report from 2004 included photos of BK when he was found? Those might be worth reviewing as well.

haha it was a 100 yrs ago! I think we need to keep the nose as a guideline. Even with severe damage to the face the overall structure of the nose would be the same i.e. the length and pointedness (is pointedness a word? lol).

Im not convinced that a tennis injury would account for the surgery on his arm. Im still leaning towards either occupational/sports injury like falling from a roof or skiing or perhaps a car accident.

haha it was a 100 yrs ago! I think we need to keep the nose as a guideline. Even with severe damage to the face the overall structure of the nose would be the same i.e. the length and pointedness (is pointedness a word? lol).

Im not convinced that a tennis injury would account for the surgery on his arm. Im still leaning towards either occupational/sports injury like falling from a roof or skiing or perhaps a car accident.

Thank you Chloe, and I agree with you. You've been helpful both in this case and in others, friend:blowkiss:.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member