50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, believe, you rock sooo much!!! Do you know just how much you rock?! Wow!
:clap:

I keep telling her that! I have to say, you all truly have NO IDEA! You couldn't.

I will get a spankin for this, but believe09 does so much more than what you see here. There are so many cases she is working with.....last 48 hours alone, families, LE, ME, DA's, attorneys, dentists, GBI, CBI, that is just a few of the things she has copied me on or discussed in the last 48 hours....K????? No kidding. How do you thank?? HELP.

:eek:fftopic:

Believe, close to the heart.

ELBOWS!

:fish::fish::fish:

snips for space :wink:
Hi snowme! :blowkiss: I'm still in awe of what you did with Benjaman's wikipedia page - it looks great and provides lots of info and photos.

I just checked out the wikipedia page. Nice job.

Thank you both. I was happy to find a way to contribute! (Still no word from the photog on permission for that pro shot tho.)

Hey, Believe... :thumb:
Maybe crazy..but, what about the dental procedure where they take air from the tooth to see where peeps come from? I think it may have been discussed here on this thread. I searched tonight and couldnt' find it. Here on on net. Maybe using the wrong search terms, and it doesn't help I'm shivering! Anyone??

:cold: It's freakin' freezin' here, need to go add logs to the fire!

Oh, I had not heard of this before. Interesting! (Hoping your snuggly warm by now.)

I keep telling her that! I have to say, you all truly have NO IDEA! You couldn't.

I will get a spankin for this, but believe09 does so much more than what you see here. There are so many cases she is working with.....last 48 hours alone, families, LE, ME, DA's, attorneys, dentists, GBI, CBI, that is just a few of the things she has copied me on or discussed in the last 48 hours....K????? No kidding. How do you thank?? HELP.

Aw, no spankin's now! LOL I kinda already had a sneakin suspicion Believe was a busy busy gal! Come to think of it... I kinda have that same suspicion about you too Christine! :blowkiss: << to both of ya!

Here is an article I found talking about Isotopes in bone and teeth telling where a person is from:

http://www.forensicmag.com/articles.asp?pid=152

I wonder if they can do this on a live person? If you look at the equipment it looks PAINFUL...

-------------------------------
Okay. I stared at his, Paul Cote's picture and BK's picture and there is a resemblance.
Anyone care to do a side by side? I don't quite know how to do that.

Were BK's fingerprints ran through Canada's CODIS system?
He went missing in 2000 and was 36 - I think he's too young, he'd only be 44 now. :waitasec: I think you said that a few posts ago, actually. :crazy:

-------------------------------
Okay. I stared at his, Paul Cote's picture and BK's picture and there is a resemblance.
Anyone care to do a side by side? I don't quite know how to do that.

Were BK's fingerprints ran through Canada's CODIS system?
Maybe my math is off, but wouldn't that put his DOB in 1964?

I think BK is mid to low 50's at the earliest.JMO

Has anyone contacted Canadian Police Departments and sent BK's picture to them?

I think Paul COte' has a cleft in his chin too, at least it appears he does. They do look similar, but the nose does look different too.

------------------------------------------------------
In looking at his picture:
Con: Nose appears broken?, Too young, would only be 44 now?
Pro: Ears line up above eyebrows. Barely.

There is no mention of identifying marks.

Here is an article I found talking about Isotopes in bone and teeth telling where a person is from:

http://www.forensicmag.com/articles.asp?pid=152

I wonder if they can do this on a live person? If you look at the equipment it looks PAINFUL...

Thanks for the link to that article. Very interesting stuff. I didn't remember it but I had read about the Mammoth Lake case before - different article but same site.

I wonder what effect the surge in bottled water consumption will have on this. I'd hate to see good science trumped by modern convenience.

"We can analyze these isotopic signals in our lab by drilling out a small sample of tooth or bone (a couple milligrams) and analyzing the oxygen from the sample. At the same time, we also analyze the carbon-13 (13C) content of the diet. This tells us something about what kinds of food the person ate, a subject that I will cover in a later article."

They certainly don't say it has been or can be done on a living person but the above quote makes me think perhaps it very well could. And this, at the end of the article, is very interesting indeed. "Actually, the most recent record in a human body would be found in the layer of tartar that is scraped off by dentists when teeth are cleaned! These analyses allow us in a sense to track the movements of a person throughout their entire lifetime and even before birth (because the first permanent molar begins to form in the womb). Although 18O analyses don’t give us a perfectly tight fix on a person’s past whereabouts, they can be combined with other evidence (including other isotopic data) to home in on possible places of origin for a victim."

I wonder if these tooth and tartar samples could be obtained when Benjaman goes to that wonderfully generous dentist and sent on to this man who wrote the article about his work for analysis??

I contacted some social security advocacy offices in GA with the following email:

To Whom It May Concern;

I work for an organization that advocates for families of the missing as well as uinidentified individuals throughout the United States. I am currently assisting an amnesia victim who resides in Savannah, GA. Mr. Benjaman Kyle, as he calls himself, was found beaten and unconscious behind a Burger King in Richmond Hill, GA in August of 2004. When he recovered from his injuries it was discovered that although he had specific memories of Indiana and Colorado, he had no idea what his own name was or why he was in Georgia. In spite of extensive national press (He recently appeared on the Dr. Phil Show) no one has stepped forward indicating that they know Mr. Kyle-his fingerprints have been run through AFIS and all military databases, and his DNA was entered into CODIS as well as the mitochondrial DNA data base earlier this year. All of this has failed to produce a viable lead in terms of his actual identity. He has been tested for malingering and it has been ruled out.

This bright otherwise healthy man is completely dependent upon the assistance of a former caregiver who took him home from the rehab facility where he was earning his keep by odd jobs. He is completely indigent and has no means of gainful employment or receiving any benefits because he is lacking in either a birth certificate or a social security number. He has had no medical care or dental care in years.

Mr. Kyle needs an advocate who can help him obtain some kind of temporary identification so that he can find a means of keeping body and soul together until his brain has healed. Please help me find someone who can walk him through whatever steps he needs to take to be able to move forward-he has extensive medical records and I will link media resources so that you can check the veracity of his story. If I have inadvertently reached the incorrect resource, please point me to the correct avenue.

Here are links to the media and database information on Mr. Kyle:
http://www.doenetwork.org/ Case Number 1007UMGA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjaman_Kyle
http://savannahnow.com/node/364434
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/092507/met_145011.shtml
http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1146 Episode titled "Who Am I?"

I appreciate your time and attention!

Sincerely,

Thanks believe09 for making that step to contact social service agencies!

I have been researching online about dissoociative amnesia or dissoaciative fugue states.
I have find a link that says they are considered mental illnesses.
In that case, mental illness does have to be looked at as a reason to file for SSI.
Link:
http://www.faqs.org/health/Healthy-Living-V3/Mental-Illness.html
'snipped' from above link

DISSOCIATIVE AMNESIA. Dissociative amnesia, which occurs when a person cannot remember personal information, such as where a person has been, who a person is, or even entire conversations. Often this is prompted by a stressful event, such as abuse, a traumatic experience similar to those detailed in the section on PTSD, or the death of a loved one. Memory loss is the primary symptom of this disorder, which is more common among young adults.

DISSOCIATIVE FUGUE. Dissociative fugue (pronounced fyoog) is a particularly disturbing mental phenomenon as it involves one or more instances of a person leaving their normal, everyday life for a period of time and taking up a new life, with no recollection of their former life. Like dissociative amnesia, fugues are often triggered by traumatic events and are often fueled by unfulfilled wishes. An individual in the midst of a fugue will often leave home, abandoning all aspects of his or her life, and assume a new identity in another place. A fugue can last hours or days or longer.
-------------------------------------------
http://encarta.msn.com/text_761566888___0/Mental_Illness.html
F. Dissociative Disorders

Dissociative disorders involve disturbances in a person’s consciousness, memories, identity, and perception of the environment. Dissociative disorders include amnesia that has no physical cause; dissociative identity disorder, in which a person has two or more distinct personalities that alternate in their control of the person’s behavior; depersonalization disorder, characterized by a chronic feeling of being detached from one’s body or mental processes; and dissociative fugue, an episode of sudden departure from home or work with an accompanying loss of memory. In some parts of the world people experience dissociative states as “possession” by a god or ghost instead of separate personalities. In many societies, trance and possession states are normal parts of cultural and religious practices and are not considered dissociative disorders.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Se...play.cfm&TPLID=54&ContentID=26975Dissociative amnesia: This disorder is characterized by a blocking out of critical personal information, usually of a traumatic or stressful nature. Dissociative amnesia, unlike other types of amnesia, does not result from other medical trauma (e.g. a blow to the head). Dissociative amnesia has several subtypes:
Localized amnesia is present in an individual who has no memory of specific events that took place, usually traumatic. The loss of memory is localized with a specific window of time. For example, a survivor of a car wreck who has no memory of the experience until two days later is experiencing localized amnesia.
Selective amnesia happens when a person can recall only small parts of events that took place in a defined period of time. For example, an abuse victim may recall only some parts of the series of events around the abuse.
Generalized amnesia is diagnosed when a person's amnesia encompasses his or her entire life.
Systematized amnesia is characterized by a loss of memory for a specific category of information. A person with this disorder might, for example, be missing all memories about one specific family member.
Dissociative fugue is a rare disorder. An individual with dissociative fugue suddenly and unexpectedly takes physical leave of his or her surroundings and sets off on a journey of some kind. These journeys can last hours, or even several days or months. Individuals experiencing a dissociative fugue have traveled over thousands of miles. An individual in a fugue state is unaware of or confused about his identity, and in some cases will assume a new identity (although this is the exception).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Off to research SSI rules. I used to work with them locally but am not up on the latest rules.

The jury is out as to whether or not BK wishes to seek SSI or SSDI-he wants to work and he wants to obtain his independence again. SO, this is not necessarily an attempt to open a claim for him-let's see if we can get him a temp ID so he can work doing the things he can do...this will at least get him an income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther