63% Reject Darwin's Theory of Evolution

I'm not interested in talking about Darwin, mainly because I've learned more about him in the past 2 years than I ever wanted to know and I've had this same debate with classmates, but...

DK, I had to take the time to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your posts here. I am not Catholic, but went to Catholic school for much of my elementary education. Mass every week and religion classes every day, coupled with some college level courses, has given me a pretty good grasp on Catholicism. Your knowledge and faith is so impressive to me...I know, in the big picture, that doesn't mean much, but I had to tell ya. :blowkiss:

I'm not interested in talking about Darwin, mainly because I've learned more about him in the past 2 years than I ever wanted to know and I've had this same debate with classmates, but...

DK, I had to take the time to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your posts here. I am not Catholic, but went to Catholic school for much of my elementary education. Mass every week and religion classes every day, coupled with some college level courses, has given me a pretty good grasp on Catholicism. Your knowledge and faith is so impressive to me...I know, in the big picture, that doesn't mean much, but I had to tell ya. :blowkiss:

Why thank you! I really appreciate it!!! :blowkiss: I always praise God for the grace to have faith and hopefully say the right things. :)

The crux of the matter is:

1. There are mockingbirds.
2. Mockingbirds have adapted/evolved in order to survive in their surroundings. Horses and elephants, on islands, have done the same. So have people.
3. Where did mockingbirds come from in the first place? Did they climb out of the primordial soup as elephants? Do elephants have feathers and fly?

Obviously there was a "plan" of some sort and evolving to survive was part of it. I have no problem reconciling evolution and creation; evolution was built into creation in my humble opinion.

While pursuing my masters in biology, I had a Human Ecology professor who explained: There is no debate, what so ever, between creationism and evolution considering science does not rely on the supernatural for explanation. I always found this to be an interesting observation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back