8-23-11. Hearing for protective order

Josh Powell, who has not answered questions for law enforcement since the early days of his wife’s disappearance, on Saturday said he is willing to meet with the FBI.

Powell, however, has conditions: His attorney must be present, and the FBI must pay the attorney.

“Yeah, if they pay my attorney’s fees, and he advises me properly, why wouldn’t I?” Josh Powell responded to a reporter’s questions about an FBI meeting.

But Powell still refuses to meet with West Valley City police, who are leading the investigation. Powell contends detectives there have misled him and the public.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52426363-78/powell-susan-wife-fbi.html.csp

EARTH to JOSH!

LOL, :floorlaugh:, this is rich!

I really don't know what planet you're on, but on earth and in the U.S.A, it's the FBI that makes the terms. :rolleyes:

You ran out of police headquarters like a scared child running from the fire he just started. :escape:You then lawyered up, shut down, and fled the scene of the crime. (allegedly ;) You're so scared you can't even allow your children to visit their own flesh and blood, bio maternal grandparents. :banghead:

Hate to break it to you, but you haven't done one thing yet to help find your missing wife. It's obvious by putting such ridiculous stipulations, that you KNOW, or should know, the FBI won't abide by, it just gives you and EXCUSE to avoid answering questions.

Don't worry though. IF and when Susan is located......... and IF she's no longer living, you won't even see them coming.:gasp:

It'll be a BIG surprise! :fireworks:

Then you can pay for your own dam* lawyer! :anguish:

hypothetically,
;)
of course,
JMHO
fran

BOO! to you too! You know who you are! :snowball:

I've been thinking of the protective order. It seems rather odd that a 'macho' man would admit to fearing an old man in a public place. Very odd. Then I read the statements and thought of those for a bit. Suddenly it hit me.

He is fearful of the Coxes, and possibly does have excellent reason to be fearful.

There were other witnesses that night and those witnesses haven't been heard from. Those little guys may have heard, seen or known something. And who are they most likely to ask questions of, who are they most likely to blurt something out to? Loving grandparents. Mommy's Daddy and Mommy.

Even if they didn't see or hear anything directly, they may have seen something after the fact, they may be able to give more details about that night, where they went what they did.

Ok, I feel better now that I understand the 'fear for his life' now. It has nothing to do with a physical fear of retaliation IMO. The fear is what may happen if the kids are in proximity of their grandparents.

See with a little thought things make more sense. Really transparent move though.

This post is based on nothing other than my own legally protected opinion.

Interesting that this article was released just a couple of hours BEFORE the hearing, then there's a delay and?????

Hope the judge saw this article. He may have some questions of his own. Or better yet, because of this aritcle the grandparents should file for TEMPORARY CUSTODY of Susan's boys!

Did you see this Steve? You didn't like your daughter's comments?

Awwww....:violin:

fran

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52439863-78/powell-susan-steve-graves.html.csp#disqus_thread

New sex allegations in Susan Powell case

Hours before a Washington judge was scheduled to hear Josh Powell’s request for a restraining order against the father of his missing wife on Tuesday, new allegations flew between family and friends at odds in the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I had this mental image of the LE handcuffing JP on his way out of the courthouse, saying recent evidence led directly to him. I think I need to step back for a while because I'm honestly daydreaming that it happens!

I'm following the Where is Susan Powell group on FB. Live posts.

I've been thinking of the protective order. It seems rather odd that a 'macho' man would admit to fearing an old man in a public place. Very odd. Then I read the statements and thought of those for a bit. Suddenly it hit me.

He is fearful of the Coxes, and possibly does have excellent reason to be fearful.

There were other witnesses that night and those witnesses haven't been heard from. Those little guys may have heard, seen or known something. And who are they most likely to ask questions of, who are they most likely to blurt something out to? Loving grandparents. Mommy's Daddy and Mommy.

Even if they didn't see or hear anything directly, they may have seen something after the fact, they may be able to give more details about that night, where they went what they did.

Ok, I feel better now that I understand the 'fear for his life' now. It has nothing to do with a physical fear of retaliation IMO. The fear is what may happen if the kids are in proximity of their grandparents.

See with a little thought things make more sense. Really transparent move though.

This post is based on nothing other than my own legally protected opinion.

I have no doubt that he has been trying to keep the oldest son from being questioned by anyone. The silly story that JP told about going midnight-camping is ridiculous. I bet at the time there would have been things the oldest son said that were in conflict with dad's version of events. But with this much time passing, I am not sure anymore. I bet the boys have been brainwashed into the Powell version of the camping trip by now. :mad:

JP has arrived, but not SP. Following live tweets.

Thank you. Please keep them coming. Having computer problems and cannot bounce around in too many windows right now but am dying to hear what happens.

I have no doubt that he has been trying to keep the oldest son from being questioned by anyone. The silly story that JP told about going midnight-camping is ridiculous. I bet at the time there would have been things the oldest son said that were in conflict with dad's version of events. But with this much time passing, I am not sure anymore. I bet the boys have been brainwashed into the Powell version of the camping trip by now. :mad:

All very true. But with kids you can never tell. Esp since we don't know what they may or may not have seen. Some things make very strong impressions. Also it doesn't rule out the fear of what they may say, or what questions they may ask.

JP is without legal representation. Mr. Cox has his attorney with him.

JP is without legal representation. Mr. Cox has his attorney with him.

LOL, then we all KNOW Josh has a fool for a client!

Just sayin'
fran

PS.....Guess Steve is embarrassed to show his face now. Wonder if he'll take that stooooopid website down now. You know, the one he's pining away for Susan. :rolleyes:

So he did show up after all?

I thought perhaps he'd gone on an impromptu camping trip and forgot what day it was.

I think it's probably too warm for him to go camping. He probably is waiting until it's 20 degrees or somethin'.

fran

Still nothing new from the hearing? It should probably be over by now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back