8 Mitigating Factors Proffered by Def Team

Why do Mit/Factors Matter?

MITIGATING CIRCUMSTANCES
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 13-751, each death sentence must rest on two findings: proof beyond a reasonable doubt of at least one aggravating circumstance set forth in A.R.S. § 13-751(F), and a finding “that there are no mitigating circumstances sufficiently substantial to call for leniency.” A.R.S. § 13-751(E). Mitigation is defined by our statute as evidence relevant to “any aspect of the defendant’s character, propensities or record and any of the circumstances of the offense.”
(this from azcourts.gov link a few posts up)

Hey. folks, we're almost home.

I seriously don't see ANY mitigating factors at all.

How can art be a factor?? WTH? And it's not even anything original.

I also think not having any family members help out is really going to make the jury wonder what's up.

I seriously don't see ANY mitigating factors at all.

How can art be a factor?? WTH? And it's not even anything original.

I also think not having any family members help out is really going to make the jury wonder what's up.

Even my 10-yo daughter couldn't see how her art had anything to do with this. I agree!

I honestly wonder what she thinks when she looks in a mirror now. Does she even have a mirror in her cell or does she just glimpse her distorted reflection on one of those metal mirrors. It's just that she was SO vain before, unbelievably so, what can she be thinking now? That has to just eat away at her.

She has been in the limelight and had attention for the last 4 months but that will soon be coming to an abrupt end. Then it will just be her, in her cell 23 hours a day, all alone, NO human contact, nothing to do but think about her life an how badly she screwed it all up and has no chance to redeem herself. Can you even imagine how that would feel?

I honestly wonder what she thinks when she looks in a mirror now. Does she even have a mirror in her cell or does she just glimpse her distorted reflection on one of those metal mirrors. It's just that she was SO vain before, unbelievably so, what can she be thinking now? That has to just eat away at her.

She has been in the limelight and had attention for the last 4 months but that will soon be coming to an abrupt end. Then it will just be her, in her cell 23 hours a day, all alone, NO human contact, nothing to do but think about her life an how badly she screwed it all up and has no chance to redeem herself. Can you even imagine how that would feel?

Nothing eats away at her. She loves that she killed Travis. She loves that she hurt his family and got to hear how so.

She is enjoying every second of this. I truly believe that.

I would LOVE to see her have to get her head shaved. That would be worse than DP with her narcissism!

I think she'll keep herself busy with all the appeals 23/7. What a sad, miserable life. I don't think she'll think about how badly she screwed up her life at all since the reason she's locked up is everyone else's fault, never hers.

Good friend!?!?

Didn't Jodi say Travis and she were good friends? According to Jodi, they were such good friends their children would play together; they'd make sure to attend each others' funerals.

1. Age = 27 Not under 21 or over 70, who cares.

2. Lack of Criminal History Growing pot at 14, HS dropout, moving in with a guy because she won’t follow rules; stalking behavior (that escalates to premeditated murder) already began with BW. Bad acts; EVERYTHING she did from the day of the murder right up to the interview AFTER conviction TRASHING Travis.

3. A Good Friend Seriously?!? According to Stabby, Travis was her BEST FRIEND. Saying “with friends like this…”. There is a reason her ONLY ‘friend’ to testify comes from Junior High…she creeps people out.

4. Lacked Support from Family Aside from Mom there every day, Aunt almost, sick and dying Dad and wheelchair bound Gramma showed up, Stabby was abusive to her Mom and when Mom tried to SUPPORT her in moving, Stabby sent her back home, didn’t *like* her judgmental support. Blah, blah. Perhaps *family support* is lacking because they’re TERRIFIED OF HER.

5a. Suffered Abuse & Neglect as Child Liar
5b. Suffered Abuse & Neglect as Adult Ditto Liar
6. Tried to Make the Best of her Life *Barf*
7. Consistently Tried to Improve Herself Ditto liar, ditto manipulator, Ditto *Barf*.
8. Talented Artist Joining the chorus of ‘Oh paleeze’!! Take the $$ to maintain her and dedicate to after school art programs.

:facepalm: :banghead: :jail:

Good friend!?!?

Didn't Jodi say Travis and she were good friends? According to Jodi, they were such good friends their children would play together; they'd make sure to attend each others' funerals.

BBM

Read that before somewhere and still cannot figure out how that could be possible.:floorlaugh:

4. Lacked Support from Family………..... Pre-& Post offense = _____...... no/little/some/great weight

iirc it was ALV who said on the stand that JA mother could not go to see her sing the National Anthem. I laughed when I heard that. I couldn't understand why ALV would even bring up something so insignificant. Now in retrospect I understand that ALV was to be a mitigation witness and that might have been part of her neglect aspect.

It's really a silly point to make. Her father is sick, suck it up JA. JA saw this as neglectful as she didn't come first. This may be brought up again.

I see no neglect.

Good friend!?!?

Yep she sure did, she also said that TA would go to her funeral even if it was in Antarctica. Very interesting that now she faces death in hot, hot Arizona.

The best & most convincing mitigating factor was not brought up by KN- personality disorder, whether it be NPD or BPD. I don't blame KN or JW for the lack of convincing factors in this phase, look what they had to work with- a client who won't follow advice & had already convicted herself in TV interviews before they were even on board.

A good friend: Not to Travis. She murdered him. No proof of any note-worthy sacrifice for anyone such that it would substantiate this claim of having been a good friend.

Suffered Abuse and neglect as a child: Not deprived of a decent shelter, good food, education. Parents allowed her to participate in an Costa Rica exchange program. No proof of any phsyical abuse. To turn the tables on her she kicked a poor dog.

No proof of any abuse and neglect as an adult. How does neglect fit in when one is a mentally and physically sound adult? Makes no sense. Grandparents were kind enough to allow her to stay in their home with her own private bedroom. She is the one who has played the role of an abuser by harassing, stalking and terrorising others.

Talented Artist: Used that excuse to lure the victim into a shower after which she stabbed him 28 times, slit his throat and shot him. She then attempted to destroy evidence from a camera that did not belong to her! What reverence for her friend and her chosen field (photography!). *Rolls eyes*

Tried to make the best of her life? Consistently tried to improve herself? How so? Has not contributed to society in any worthwhile manner. No proof of being a charitable person in any way. If improving herself = murdering an ex-bf in a most barbaric manner then this woman is not fit to be let out into society ever again. If improving herself post murder = lying to everyone, making false accusations against the victim and showing no remorse then again this is a beast that must be caged till the time comes to terminate it.

Sorry OT....

"Well, it's Your fog!!?"

Re watching Stabby's cross-exam...I :blushing: Martinez!

:floorlaugh:

What about her bad boob job...would that be a mitigating factor?
:floorlaugh:

Yes, a good example of family support which makes this mitigator redundant ..

I heard her father on his interview telling Flores about Jodi's Mom "blowing $2,500" to fly out to AZ rent her a U-Haul and move her back to Yreka. He mentioned that there were many times over the years that Mom would give Jodi money without his knowing about it. He intimated that Mom would sneak her money often.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back