If the was no foreign DNA, where would you stand

• Still an IDI

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • No idea.

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I would turn RDI

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters
There's an interesting theory being posted at jameson's by Sharkie (whom I thought was a member here, but never mind). Sharkie is wondering whether the title of the Dr Seuss book is the unrevealed evidence.Apart from that, the thread has developed and posters are discussing the possibility that Karr, took her to the baement and read her the Dr Seuss book and that this was his way of showing his "love" for her - barbie nightgown, blanket etc.

One poster wonders how long he would have played this game before "ending it". Well, it may seem far fetched, but I have wondered in the past if the foreign DNA could have been from tears. The suggestion was ridiculed at the time - probably because it fitted more with an RDI theory than an IDI theory, but it's interesting that the same people are now discussing a scenario which would fit with a crying intruder.

Jayelles said:
There's an interesting theory being posted at jameson's by Sharkie (whom I thought was a member here, but never mind). Sharkie is wondering whether the title of the Dr Seuss book is the unrevealed evidence.Apart from that, the thread has developed and posters are discussing the possibility that Karr, took her to the baement and read her the Dr Seuss book and that this was his way of showing his "love" for her - barbie nightgown, blanket etc.
I wonder , Linda Wilcox states that JB was terrified of the winecellar. Don't think she would go down there at night listen to stories told by a stranger.

Linda Wilcox: It's a wine cellar, that's what it was built as. It has no windows, I mean, it was a wine cellar. The last time I was in that room, there was nothing in it, it was bare. It wasn't used for storage, it wasn't used for anything. It was very damp, anything you put in there got kinda moldy, nothing was in that room. It wasn't necessarily hidden but it wasn't in plain view. And the room leading to it was the boiler room. It was kind of open but it was very dark. No one was ever down there much except maybe Burke. Burke was there occasionally. He had his train set down there. He was the only one who played down there. Patsy hardly ever went down there. She'd go down to get whatever she needed, she didn't like to go down there. It freaked JonBenet out. It was cold, it was damp, it was cluttered, it was dark. Pretty much the household help were the only ones who went down there. In fact, I'm the one who discovered the safe. Patsy didn't know it was there. One day, it was Suzanne, myself, Nedra and Patsy."

"And suppose the intruder was someone who wanted to kidnap for ransom, then it doesnt make sense to stay in the house for hours and then agrrote the child. These two scenarios don't fit together. One can't explain away that fundamental contradiction."

Pedophiles DON'T leave notes.

"many RDI's seem to base their argument on A) Patsy sexualizing her daughter by putting her in beauty pageants"

Not me! They don't faze me one whit.

"Patsy lied about the pineapple because the story was JB was put to bed right when they got home. No time to eat anything."

Yeah, because then they might have known something.

"which they executed flawlessly & able to avoid indictment by grand jury after 13 months."

That Grand Jury was run in such a slipshod manner it was shameful. The DA didn't even WANT one. Did you know that? Did you know that none of the main police were called before it?

tumble said:
I wonder , Linda Wilcox states that JB was terrified of the winecellar. Don't think she would go down there at night listen to stories told by a stranger.

Linda Wilcox: It's a wine cellar, that's what it was built as. It has no windows, I mean, it was a wine cellar. The last time I was in that room, there was nothing in it, it was bare. It wasn't used for storage, it wasn't used for anything. It was very damp, anything you put in there got kinda moldy, nothing was in that room. It wasn't necessarily hidden but it wasn't in plain view. And the room leading to it was the boiler room. It was kind of open but it was very dark. No one was ever down there much except maybe Burke. Burke was there occasionally. He had his train set down there. He was the only one who played down there. Patsy hardly ever went down there. She'd go down to get whatever she needed, she didn't like to go down there. It freaked JonBenet out. It was cold, it was damp, it was cluttered, it was dark. Pretty much the household help were the only ones who went down there. In fact, I'm the one who discovered the safe. Patsy didn't know it was there. One day, it was Suzanne, myself, Nedra and Patsy."
Quite. I think if he was telling her storiesin the basement, she would have been already dead or unconscious.

I don't know. It does seem far-fetched, but then so does this whole karr arrest thing.

SuperDave said:
"And suppose the intruder was someone who wanted to kidnap for ransom, then it doesnt make sense to stay in the house for hours and then agrrote the child. These two scenarios don't fit together. One can't explain away that fundamental contradiction."

Pedophiles DON'T leave notes.

"many RDI's seem to base their argument on A) Patsy sexualizing her daughter by putting her in beauty pageants"

Not me! They don't faze me one whit.

"Patsy lied about the pineapple because the story was JB was put to bed right when they got home. No time to eat anything."

Yeah, because then they might have known something.

"which they executed flawlessly & able to avoid indictment by grand jury after 13 months."

That Grand Jury was run in such a slipshod manner it was shameful. The DA didn't even WANT one. Did you know that? Did you know that none of the main police were called before it?
If Karr does turn out to be the perp and it transpires that he DID become obsessed with JBR after seeing her in a pageant, then the RDIs will have been correct!

"If Karr does turn out to be the perp and it transpires that he DID become obsessed with JBR after seeing her in a pageant, then the RDIs will have been correct!"

How so?

SuperDave said:
"If Karr does turn out to be the perp and it transpires that he DID become obsessed with JBR after seeing her in a pageant, then the RDIs will have been correct!"

How so?
That she was placed at risk.

rashomon said:
How would he know when they'd be back home?
So the sexual predator said to himself: "I'm going to write a really idiotic ransom note before molesting that child?" :) This doesn't make sense from the point of a sexual predator, does it.
And suppose the intruder was someone who wanted to kidnap for ransom, then it doesnt make sense to stay in the house for hours and then agrrote the child. These two scenarios don't fit together. One can't explain away that fundamental contradiction.
It does make sense, from the perspective of someone with dual motives. He's a pedophile, he wanted to molest her, may very well have believe that he was in love with her, and she was in love with him. And he figured he could get some money from kidnapping her - he takes her molests her for awhile, and returns her for a bunch of money. Or, if he's delusional enough, considers that the fund to start their new life together.

But - as part of his 'fun' - he molests her in her own house - as he's maybe 'romancing' her by reading her a book and saying he loves her and such - and accidentally pushes too far, hits her when she resists or something, and kills her. So he leaves, without even bothering to pick up the ransom note.

Jayelles said:
That she was placed at risk.

I guess I'll make my daughter quit the cross country team because some
pervert may see her at a meet, find her name in the newspaper or online & she will, according to you, be at risk. A stalker can get fixated on their subject from any number of encounters. He could have just as easily seen Jon Benet in an online family photo album or playing in the backyard at her grandparents house & focused on her. Is Brenda Groene responsible for Jet Duncan picking her family because she let her kids play outside?

hollyjokers said:
Is Brenda Groene responsible for Jet Duncan picking her family because she let her kids play outside?
Ouch.

I hardly think allowing your child to participate in sports or, for the love of god, play outside in their own yard is on the same level as dolling them up and putting them in a pageant to display how physically attractive they are.

With sports, the focus is on athletic ability - with pageants, the focus is on physical appearance. There's a world of difference between those two activities and what they represent.

Nuisanceposter
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyjokers
Is Brenda Groene responsible for Jet Duncan picking her family because she let her kids play outside?

Ouch.

I hardly think allowing your child to participate in sports or, for the love of god, play outside in their own yard is on the same level as dolling them up and putting them in a pageant to display how physically attractive they are.

With sports, the focus is on athletic ability - with pageants, the focus is on physical appearance. There's a world of difference between those two activities and what they represent.

The focus of sports is supposed to be on athletic ability, and I can tell you that the girls on my daughter's basketball are darn good, but my daughter and quite a few of her teammates spend quite a bit of time prepping themselves for the game because they know people are watching. My daughter and I argue quite a bit cause if her game isn't right after school she showers and does her hair before one. These girls put on makeup, do hair, make sure their shorts are rolled just right because they know people are watching them. They are on display just as much as pageant girls are.

Details said:
I think a lot of the attitude, feel the Ramsey's gave off was planted and distorted - they were portrayed as absolutely the killers, no doubt, by the false 'snow all around the house' bit. That slants how they are percieved, how their every action is percieved, then more info is heard with that slant, and when the misinformation is corrected, the slant remains, and the new info that was heard with that slant is now considered sufficient evidence to replace the evidence that has proven to be misinformation.
I agree with you 100%.
The police started leaking ideas that they were confindent that the parents being the perps from the get go. This is why the tabloids went wild. When the parents caught wind of the police theory they got nervous and lawyered up. I would too! If the reason the police want to interview you and their sole purpose is to trip you up and use/twist your statements against you at a trial because they want to pin the murder on you, who in their right mind would want to willingly give them statements when you know they think you're the only ones who did it?

They didn't want to go any other route. They weren't hoping the Ramsey's might give them details that will lead to finding the killer or were ever going to investigate any other angle. they wanted statements to use against them. The Ramseys weren't dumb people. At least thats the way I see it looking back on it. At the time I thought the parents might be guilty, but the only side of the story I was hearing was the boulder police "spin" and their theories they were leaking to the tabloids.

The dna may not even be connected to the case. If it's Karr's, his dna shouldn't be on her underwear.

I would like to add that I think there may have been a lot more evidence that was never collected. If the evidence wasn't collected properly, it's lost forever. They only get one shot. I'm not confident in that the police evidence collection. I'm shocked that they have the evidence they did get because the police were so incompetent.

Details said:
Because how the police act indicates to me that they never seriously considered the evidence. It became personal, they were focused, tunnel vision, could see nothing other than the Ramseys, had no willingness to consider anything else.

I think a lot of the attitude, feel the Ramsey's gave off was planted and distorted - they were portrayed as absolutely the killers, no doubt, by the false 'snow all around the house' bit. That slants how they are percieved, how their every action is percieved, then more info is heard with that slant, and when the misinformation is corrected, the slant remains, and the new info that was heard with that slant is now considered sufficient evidence to replace the evidence that has proven to be misinformation. If the police are not honest, if they show a sincere, emotional, angry belief that the Ramsey's did it, and that they must catch them, with real evidence or fake - how can you trust their investigation to find all the facts? Things are ignored, leads disregarded (I've posted a link a few times about some of the leads that were ignored, some very similar cases out there) - it's not that the facts are wrong, it's that they aren't all there.

Respectfully, I disagree with you.

I think the police treated the Ramseys with kid gloves. No arrest when the body was discovered. No taking them downtown for questioning - separately. If the police wanted statements from the Ramseys to be used against them, they could hardly have chosen worse methods than waiting several months, and then giving them written questions to respond to.

If JR had been say a drywall finisher (e.g. just a regular working class guy) I'm sure they'd have simply taken him and Patsy to the station. They would've been under no obligation to talk, and their rights would be read to them, but they'd be taken downtown. That didn't happen here. Not even after JR finds the body - after FW and the police have already been in the basement w/o finding it.

Is there anyway to settle details of this case? I've seen snow/no snow. There are pics claiming to be crime scene photos showing snow. The police arriving at 6am say there was frost. It seems the existance of snow/frost depends entirely on whether one is RDI or IDI.

http://hellhole_photos.tripod.com/outsidecrime.htm

These pics suggest there was at least some snow around some of the house. Anyone have contrary evidence ?

"I think the police treated the Ramseys with kid gloves. No arrest when the body was discovered. No taking them downtown for questioning - separately. If the police wanted statements from the Ramseys to be used against them, they could hardly have chosen worse methods than waiting several months, and then giving them written questions to respond to."

You're damn right! If these two had been blue-collar, their butts would have been in prison right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back