A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. New here to the forum. I have been interested in this case for a while, and I am surprised I did not find this forum earlier, but thanks to TKS for featuring it. I have been browsing through this thread and am excited to dig deeper into this case and others on this forum. It is kinda of a hobby of mine, and hopefully soon a career as well.

I am impressed with a lot of the discussion of this thread, and the job the TKS is doing in bringing some of this information to us.

I wanted to wait till I had more information to develop a complete theory on this case, but there is so much going on in this case that its almost impossible, so I would like to provide some of my thoughts.

I do not think the the torso murders are related to LISK. I know that serial killers have been know to evolve or devolve over time, but the differences in these murders would suggest a major change in MO. The way the bodies of the G4 are laid out is intentional. It gives the killer a way to come back and relive his crimes and maintains his feelings of control over his victims.

Also, this makes him feel like his victims are always near him. To me this suggests that LISK may have abandonment issues and/or trouble with female relationships. He is obviously not socially akward, as he is able to make these women feel comfortable enough to meet without drivers or phones, so it makes me wonder if he has a physical issue that makes women reject him. But that is just a speculation on my part.

For these reasons, I also believe that the AC4 may be LISK too. To much similarity in the way the bodies are disposed of to be coincidence IMO.

It is also highly likely that LISK has been in contact with LE and/or the media. He has very likely tried to insert himself into the investigation early on, and now with TKS he will likely be doing it again and there is a good chance he may be browsing this site.

The above are based on my general knowledge of the case so far.,and may change as I dig deeper on this site. Also, I would like to clarify that my area of knowledge is in Forensics, not Criminology, and unfortunately we don't get to see forensic evidence on an open case. I do have some education in Criminal Profiling and Psychology though.

I would like to say thanks to those responsible for TKS and this forum. This is the type of resource I have been looking for.

Welcome, forensicsguy76, and welcome to Weblseuths. We look forward to hearing more from you. Please remember to check out the other threads and sub-forums within the main "The Killing Season" forum. Should you need assistance, please do not hesitate to send a private message to me or one of our other wonderful mods and forum liaisons.

Welcome aboard!

Bessie
WS Administrator

Ugghh! Why isn't anyone delving into the history of Joseph Brewer, Michael Pac, James Burke, and Evans Ganthier? I may be new to this forum and just not navigating well, but c'mon... where is the true investigation into what I would consider some primary suspects? [modsnip] The "mystical symbolic" meaning of burlap? Give me a break. These men were just looking to dispose of the evidence of their crimes as quickly and easily and not-easily-found means as possible.

Ugghh! Why isn't anyone delving into the history of Joseph Brewer, Michael Pac, James Burke, and Evans Ganthier? I may be new to this forum and just not navigating well, but c'mon... where is the true investigation into what I would consider some primary suspects? [modsnip] "The "mystical symbolic" meaning of burlap? Give me a break. These men were just looking to dispose of the evidence of their crimes as quickly and easily and not-easily-found means as possible.
Firstly, calm down and breathe. WS has discussed those persons of interest in depth. Read the threads. I'm new too, but you have to calm down. lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Welcome, bre1958. My suggestion would be to delve deeper into the older threads. I think you'll find that almost no stone has been unturned. TOS and the lack of info released by LE does place some limits on what can be discussed, however. In other words, we can't pull "facts" from thin air. So, if you have info or theories you can back up based on LE and MSM reports, please have at it. We welcome your input. Should you have personal knowledge to share, please report it to the FBI, and check with an administrator before you post in the forum.

Thank you.

Bessie
WS Administrator

Listening to the radio show...wow the lawyer is kind of a jerk to josh

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the random...

I should know the answer to this..... need a refresher....

If Amber was never reported missing, and supposedly never took her purse or phone with her when she left...just left wearing comfortable clothing, nothing else...

How did they identify her?

I may need a correction.... but wasn't it stated somewhere on msm that the Police came to her Address to notify...

so they did find some identification on her? ... what?....

was she just loosely carrying something in her pocket..... I vaguely recall mention in previous forums a medicaid card....that was never fully explored or explained if it was a real lead, as no links were provided.

Mmmm need a link to when the police came to her address...and how they even knew who she was..

Listening to the radio show...wow the lawyer is kind of a jerk to josh

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow.... I didn't get that impression at all...

Lets not forget that Mr Ray ....more than likely, most probably.....definately.... has more insider knowledge about Shannan than Josh.....that's a safe bet.

There would be things that can't be said for legal reasons ..... and any personal opinions given would.....I am assuming....would be a mixture of gut based on knowledge...

The tape is very important.........and should be released...

One killer...two killers?

Im not taking away from Josh.....but even with his flashy style (which I kinda dig).... Mr Ray...has been there and knows alot more than he can legally tell.....so maybe biting his lips.....more than likely. ....most likely definitely. ...

Baby Doe.......... release pictures of the blanket....someone may recognize the blanket.... that's how two historical homicide cases were solved here in Australia.....police gave out as much physical evidence as they could and the tip from the public blew it wide open....solved two cases....bringing murdered mum and daughter together...the blanket was very significant. ...and recognized.

this HTML class. Value is http://www.theunreso

Lots of good stuff in there that I had forgotten

Link doesn't work ..... not sure why..

But from what I read. ....was a good reminder that Kim was Daves girlfriend...and that Amber had.... a horrible childhood.....

He could even be in an assisted living facility or moved down south as many retired older New Yorkers do!

He could even be in an assisted living facility or moved down south as many retired older New Yorkers do!

:welcome6:​

Right. Watching reruns of Dexter and old ladies getting pedicures, interesting thought..., longislandnative. Thank you for joining and please keep tell us more of how they do?

this HTML class. Value is http://www.theunreso

Lots of good stuff in there that I had forgotten

Link doesn't work ..... not sure why..

But from what I read. ....was a good reminder that Kim was Daves girlfriend...and that Amber had.... a horrible childhood.....

I think I know exactly why. Go into your settings, right now you might have enhanced editor selected. Change it to basic editor. Then refresh the page you're trying to link, and recopy the url. Also refresh the page you are going to post on.

Are you on a tablet? I have the same problem. Some kind of glitch. I have to switch back and forth between editors for posting pics.

Finally got to see the first two episodes last night (only premiered last night over this way). I had been reading the forums and as many articles as I could in advance to get up to speed but interestingly enough I never saw any mention of Joe Boti (was that the spelling?) anywhere. I'm guessing it's ruled out as a dead end in a future episode, just thought it was odd there was no mention of it anywhere on here.

Definitely an intriguing start to the series anyway.

Just a thought, when the first girl made the 911 call she said "they" are trying to kill me, could it be possible LISK isnt one, but two killers working together hence the different disposal methods but same areas?

New here, but want to take a shot at finding new information and helping out where I can; cognitive science background w/focus on sensation, perception, language development.

My first thought is LISK is a reporter/journalist, using his knowledge of local communities, people, and police to cover up what's happening. So anyone who is in a position to see what's happening is not going to engage further out of fear that they will be exposed for something they are personally involved in. Just an opinion though. I do believe there are multiple killers as well, but LISK is the center.

To correct my former assumptions of there being foul play that included drugs and SGs death; it has been nixed.

A long awaited autopsy on the body of a hooker whose 2010 disappearance and death exposed the Long Island serial killers victims has revealed she had no drugs in her system when she died, a report claimed on Thursday.
[...]
However, forensic expert Mitch Holland told Newsday that the failure to find any drugs could mean that the time Gilbert spent exposed in the marshes meant that they could have exited or been removed by the water.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ker-s-body-meaning-butcher-s-11th-victim.html

I may never understand how SG could run through the bramble with a stable state of mind for the agony of stepping thru what she did without her jeans, and some of the time without her shoes, would be excruciatingly painful.

23FB5EC400000578-0-image-a-88_1418328228772.jpg

Sorry for the random...

I should know the answer to this..... need a refresher....

If Amber was never reported missing, and supposedly never took her purse or phone with her when she left...just left wearing comfortable clothing, nothing else...

How did they identify her?

I may need a correction.... but wasn't it stated somewhere on msm that the Police came to her Address to notify...

so they did find some identification on her? ... what?....

was she just loosely carrying something in her pocket..... I vaguely recall mention in previous forums a medicaid card....that was never fully explored or explained if it was a real lead, as no links were provided.

Mmmm need a link to when the police came to her address...and how they even knew who she was..

Please note the following first
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?284261-Cell-Phones-and-LISK&p=11050255#post11050255

What I believe is Amber has everything on her. Her purse, her phone and stuff.

Going out without a phone story doesn't make sense at all. Not even a bit.

1) Meeting with a stranger and you don't have a phone? One would need a phone, to call for last minute directions etc.
2) Why the same killer doesn't tell Melissa the same thing?

I believe Dave Schaller is telling a bull.. t story to save his butt, on the order of the police, which die to bury the case, hide everything in smoke.

Please note the following first
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?284261-Cell-Phones-and-LISK&p=11050255#post11050255

What I believe is Amber has everything on her. Her purse, her phone and stuff.

Going out without a phone story doesn't make sense at all. Not even a bit.

1) Meeting with a stranger and you don't have a phone? One would need a phone, to call for last minute directions etc.
2) Why the same killer doesn't tell Melissa the same thing?

I believe Dave Schaller is telling a bull.. t story to save his butt, on the order of the police, which die to bury the case, hide everything in smoke.

Lol....yup.

That was kinda what I was trying to say....without actually saying it.

A member on that thread had said they came to Daves house because they identified her from a medicaid card that must have been with her .... but a link for that was never supplied.

Im trying to find a msm article that mentions this .... but haven't found one yet.

So Im really asking how did they identify her if she wasn't reported missing

Do you remember Em?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members