A Letter From Rev. Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The myspace page was open to the public not private. There was no hacking.

Where is Caylee, we all want to know.

Turn your palms up, show me the soles of your feet....whatever it takes to find this baby. Do you all get it.....WHERE IS THIS CHILD????

If people would turn there palms up, show the soles of their feet....spread yer arse if you have to....the lies, the don't expose me, only hurts our search for her.

Nothing should matter..if people are doing and acting right then they should not worry about us picking them apart.

I'm all for what you said above, Christine but I would like to add that while we turn all those stones and look at all those possibilities, be they soles, palms or other hidden parts, we should do it with more detachment and more respect.

We can pick apart and we can theorize, but we shouldn't take our interest in finding Caylee (or anyone else for that matter) so far that it destroys somebody's reputation and causes them mental anguish.

Furthermore, whoever hacks a private account is committing an illegal offense (I do not think one of us did this). We are always b*ing about papparazzi.....if you think about it long enough, we could be compared to them. Yes, our intent is not the same, but it certainly feels the same to those we "investigate".

I pray none of us will ever find themselves at the other end of a microscope and that - if by any chance we were in that scary position - those looking through that microscope will be respectful and think about what it would feel like to walk in that person's shoes.

Let's not nail innocent people to the cross just because of their uniqueness. God/Nature loves variety or there would be no difference of expression.

My response is this:

This case is about a missing little girl and those surronding her.

Complaining that your feelings are hurt because someone is talking bad about you is silly and petty and taking time away from those on WS who are working hard, digging up facts and questioning those facts that do not fit the many stories Casey, Grandma and others have told.

Stop trying to take the attention away from Caylee. Stop injecting yourself in the story and having "poor me" feelings when a child is missing and in danger. I understand you are upset but this whole case is upsetting. I have not seen anyone bashing you or your wife on here. I think people question your religion because they do not understand it. They respect your right to practice it but they are curious about what you do. I do not think anyone here is judging you or your wife or your son as guilty in anyway. I think people are just trying to figure out where the pieces fit.

Concentrate your hurt feelings and anger towards finding the child you love.

If a child I loved went missing I would not be sitting behind a computer getting upset because someone called me a "mobster". I would be out there hunting and searching.

People on WS are (for the most part) normal everyday people. I seriously doubt they hacked into myspace just to read what your wife is saying. It could have been anyone in the vast world wide web or it even could have been a mistake made by your wife to set her profile public. WHO KNOWS?

This story is about Caylee the rest is garbage and attention getting.

Well said and I agree totally

I too read here a lot but don't post much.

Reverend, so sorry your family is going through such a difficult time. I too am praying for a positive outcome, but think that the death smell in the car just about says it all.

I also would like to respectfully point out that if you have a photograph of yourself posted on your myspace that spontaneously evokes thoughts from strangers of "IMO he looks like a gangster or a mob guy" and that was NOT your intention, then you might want to give very some serious thought to changing the photograph of yourself.

I say this with utmost respect and sincerity. Posting a photograph of oneself coveys a message.......... now that you know what message at least some folks are getting from your photograph, you need to ask yourself if that is truely the message you want to be conveying.

Getting upset at folks for what thoughts were evoked when they viewed the photo is beyond your control. Changing the photo is within your control.

In any case, my best wishes to all the innocents involved in this case. IMO the daughter is ill. I think she did something - perhaps accidentally - to the child. IMO the grandmother is just in turmoil - unwilling to believe the baby is dead and in denial that her daughter did something to harm the child. And her own mothering instinct is leading her to protect her own child along with strongly wanting to believe the baby is still alive somewhere. (All just my opinion, of course)

There is no 'too far' when a 2/3 yr old is missing.

Quoting myself :D I off course was referring to the sleuthing...not hacking...that is TOO far! I was talking within the law...that is illegal and if it did happen I hope they can catch the responsible party. I would never think of going 'far enough' to break the law. I do not believe for a minutes a WSer would do this...I have 'worked' a lot of cases here and have never had someone say.."let's hack"....never.

We are all God's children and definitely not perfect. Prayer and forgiveness is "his way", let's keep it in mind.:)

My response is this:

This case is about a missing little girl and those surronding her.

Complaining that your feelings are hurt because someone is talking bad about you is silly and petty and taking time away from those on WS who are working hard, digging up facts and questioning those facts that do not fit the many stories Casey, Grandma and others have told.

Stop trying to take the attention away from Caylee. Stop injecting yourself in the story and having "poor me" feelings when a child is missing and in danger. I understand you are upset but this whole case is upsetting. I have not seen anyone bashing you or your wife on here. I think people question your religion because they do not understand it. They respect your right to practice it but they are curious about what you do. I do not think anyone here is judging you or your wife or your son as guilty in anyway. I think people are just trying to figure out where the pieces fit.

Concentrate your hurt feelings and anger towards finding the child you love.

If a child I loved went missing I would not be sitting behind a computer getting upset because someone called me a "mobster". I would be out there hunting and searching.

People on WS are (for the most part) normal everyday people. I seriously doubt they hacked into myspace just to read what your wife is saying. It could have been anyone in the vast world wide web or it even could have been a mistake made by your wife to set her profile public. WHO KNOWS?

This story is about Caylee the rest is garbage and attention getting.

I think you went way over the top with this post!

Why don't you all stop talking about the innocent people in her life and talk about Caylee? You guys have posted on that board about alot of innocent people you know nothing about, EXCEPT that they have been touched by this little girl in some way. They are being punished by people like you for loving a little girl! I completely understand this mans and his family's pain. People went WAY over the top as they do in alot of these cases.

Stop casting stones! If you were in this mans shoes, you can't say you wouldn't be crushed by it all.

I've BEEN the victim before, I was bashed for coming forward. My entire world was put online by a bunch of people who wanted to speculate that perhaps I "got what was coming to me for being so naive" I know what it feels like when you do the right thing and are bashed about it. I know what it's like when your family and friends are bashed because you did the right thing.

This is the very reason I NEVER speak about an innocent person until I read the facts!

I can't believe you have no compassion!!!:furious:

And to the family and friends of this little girl:

I'm sorry you all have dealt with such pain caused by many here.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all! I hope Caylee is found soon!

I'm all for what you said above, Christine but I would like to add that while we turn all those stones and look at all those possibilities, be they soles, palms or other hidden parts, we should do it with more detachment and more respect.

We can pick apart and we can theorize, but we shouldn't take our interest in finding Caylee (or anyone else for that matter) so far that it destroys somebody's reputation and causes them mental anguish.

Furthermore, whoever hacks a private account is committing an illegal offense (I do not think one of us did this). We are always b*ing about papparazzi.....if you think about it long enough, we could be compared to them. Yes, our intent is not the same, but it certainly feels the same to those we "investigate".

I pray none of us will ever find themselves at the other end of a microscope and that - if by any chance we were in that scary position - those looking through that microscope will be respectful and think about what it would feel like to walk in that person's shoes.

Let's not nail innocent people to the cross just because of their uniqueness. God/Nature loves variety or there would be no difference of expression.

Excellent post.

At the request of Rev. Richard I will be removing the letter a bit early. Don't read anything into this please. We are doing it as a courtesy to everyone involved.

I will leave this thread up to continue the discussion if you like.

Tricia

I came to this thread to late to read the letter so can only surmise that someone got upset because of posters here doing what they do best and that is "sleuth"
Whenever there is an investigation on a missing child, the people who are the closest to the child have to be looked at. Yes feelings can get hurt or you could feel insulted but we have to remember that only by looking at everything can we hope to uncover the truth.
Bottom line is, a little girl is missing and she needs to be found and the person/people responsible need to be held accountable for their actions.

VB

I too read here a lot but don't post much.

Reverend, so sorry your family is going through such a difficult time. I too am praying for a positive outcome, but think that the death smell in the car just about says it all.

I also would like to respectfully point out that if you have a photograph of yourself posted on your myspace that spontaneously evokes thoughts from strangers of "IMO he looks like a gangster or a mob guy" and that was NOT your intention, then you might want to give very some serious thought to changing the photograph of yourself.

I say this with utmost respect and sincerity. Posting a photograph of oneself coveys a message.......... now that you know what message at least some folks are getting from your photograph, you need to ask yourself if that is truely the message you want to be conveying.

Getting upset at folks for what thoughts were evoked when they viewed the photo is beyond your control. Changing the photo is within your control.

In any case, my best wishes to all the innocents involved in this case. IMO the daughter is ill. I think she did something - perhaps accidentally - to the child. IMO the grandmother is just in turmoil - unwilling to believe the baby is dead and in denial that her daughter did something to harm the child. And her own mothering instinct is leading her to protect her own child along with strongly wanting to believe the baby is still alive somewhere. (All just my opinion, of course)

:clap::clap::clap:

Dear Reverand,
I'm very sorry that you felt hurt by some of the things the websleuths posted here. Believe me, none of it was intended with malice. Truly, while it may sometimes seems callous or mean, its really not intended to be that way - its simply that people are focused on Caylee and angry about her disappearance.
Peace to you.

I think you went way over the top with this post!

Why don't you all stop talking about the innocent people in her life and talk about Caylee? You guys have posted on that board about alot of innocent people you know nothing about, EXCEPT that they have been touched by this little girl in some way. They are being punished by people like you for loving a little girl! I completely understand this mans and his family's pain. People went WAY over the top as they do in alot of these cases.

Stop casting stones! If you were in this mans shoes, you can't say you wouldn't be crushed by it all.

I've BEEN the victim before, I was bashed for coming forward. My entire world was put online by a bunch of people who wanted to speculate that perhaps I "got what was coming to me for being so naive" I know what it feels like when you do the right thing and are bashed about it. I know what it's like when your family and friends are bashed because you did the right thing.

This is the very reason I NEVER speak about an innocent person until I read the facts!

I can't believe you have no compassion!!!:furious:

OK, Let me explain this so you can understand, my friend:

A CHILD IS MISSING! ANYONE WHO HAS HAD CONTACT WITH THIS CHILD NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED.

The preacher and his family are 100 percent innocent in this, I believe. I have never bashed him at all. But I do seriously have issues with people who put themselves in the middle of an investigation to complain about something so trivial as "Someone called me a bad name" .

DO not take away from people searching for Caylee. That is the bottom line. WS has amazing people here who are not sleeping, who are praying and searching for this baby.

This has nothing to do with you being a victim of crime and it is in no way related to YOU. I can tell you without a doubt, you being a victim of crime would not have been bashed here on WS. We support the victims 100%.

We at WS are not "casting stones" :rolleyes:
We are searching for a child who is in danger because the grown ups in her life (mom, grandma) did not do the right thing.

We want Caylee found and that is what everyone should want.

Someone got their feelings hurt, I understand but it is taking away from the facts. "A child is missing and the adults want to act like children because someone called them a name" .

Now, let's all move on and concentrate on Caylee.

pixies said:
I do seriously have issues with people who put themselves in the middle of an investigation to complain about something so trivial as "Someone called me a bad name" .

He didn't put himself in the middle of an investigation, he wrote to a crime forum. :rolleyes:I'd like to know, what about those who did the name calling? How does that HELP Caylee?:rolleyes:

The Reverend also joined the forum with an agenda, even if it was just to suss out what people were saying. While I do believe that the influx of posters on this case caused our typical courteous behavior to fall by the wayside, the Rev could have identified himself as most family members do the very first time they post. This gives one of us a chance to direct them to the forum for families, or at least gives a chance to posters to edit their comments in deference to the family.

I have mixed feelings regarding the subject-although I do think that this kind of limelight being cast on any family is intense and unwelcome...although perhaps necessary in a way so the word can get out that a loved one is missing....I am not sure how I feel about the Rev. calling "foul" in this particular case-the myspace pages and website are out there for all to see regarding his religious affiliation and beliefs. Surely Websleuth posters are not the first to comment regarding this?

I do wish them well as this firestorm continues, and I hope we can get back to the business of locating Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda