A Possible Scenario?

Finding a dead child with only a head wound would bring Police to arrest the Ramseys. How would you try to explain that an intruder came in the home and bashed JonBenet over the head...then left?

The ransom note says that a "foreign faction" is responsible for JonBenet's demise.

#1. Never heard of a "foreign faction" molesting a victim.

#2. A "foreign faction" goes after the MALE-SON who is considered to be the superior of the sexes. Females are second class citizens to "foreign factions".

Goody said:
The paintbrush in the vaginal area that didn't even tear the hymen completely is hardly significant of a sexual attack to me. Sounds more like one little insertion as in staging.

In JB's case, the hymen could not be 'torn' anymore, because it only consisted of a rim of tissue going from the two to ten o'clock position.
But you are right in that the paintbrush injury, which would have been very painful had JB been conscious (for according to Dr. McCann, the object was jabbed in, not just shoved in) was no 'penetrating' injury, for it was inflicted near the vestibule.

Betsy said:
... Patsy realizes that JB has hit her head hard and knows she should seek medical attention, but how does she explain the marks on JB's neck from her shirt? This would not look good--the charges of child abuse flash through her mind quickly.

She wakes John up and tells him what has happened. They try to keep JB awake, fearing a concussion; never let the person go to sleep lest they fall into a coma. They walk her, they change her, they wash her off, maybe bathe her? Maybe it's at this point they feed her the pineapple--it's soft and sweet and they need to keep her awake. The marks on her neck are getting worse. They think how can they call 911 or take her to the ER? Child abuse charges would not look good for Patsy's social standing nor John's future political ambitions.

After a while, it's no use. JonBenet dies, maybe even in her mother's arms. ...

My understanding of the reports is that, although the head blow did not kill JBR outright, it was devastating enough that she was knocked out and never regained consciousness. She may have been having seizures or gone into a coma. She would not have been able to walk or talk or eat. Once that head blow occured, JBR was brain dead or near to it. Any theory has to work with the fact that JBR was unconscious after the head blow.

Now, I know that Lee and Wecht disagree with the order of the events -- head blow then strangulation or visa versa. IMO, the evidence for the head blow first is the most convincing.

Goody said:
I don't think parents get any special consideration in these crimes. We have just seen too many heinous things done by would-be loving parents and maybe some not so loving to just give them an authomatic pass because they are parents. I don't think these parents would do anything like this under normal conditions unless the stakes were so high, they felt they had to. I don't know what would drive them to that point, but I definitely do not believe they would have killed JB intentionally. If the parents are guilty, it has to be because of accidental injuries. At least in my opinion. I just don't see them as brutal killers. I do, however, see them as people used to taking control, which is probably what happened here.

The paintbrush in the vaginal area that didn't even tear the hymen completely is hardly significant of a sexual attack to me. Sounds more like one little insertion as in staging.

I wasn't referring to parents getting any special consideration, I was referring to the statement that child molesters take the child away from the home for their bad deeds. Although I do feel that the Ramseys received special consideration.

As for the paintbrush handle being just "one little insertion"...IMO this really minimizes the extent of the crimes against JonBenet. It was a broken splintered paintbrush handle found inserted into the vagina of a dead 6-year old...inserting a broken paintbrush handle is inappropriate even in what most people consider to be "normal" sexual activity. Inserting something like this into a living or dead child is not just one little insertion. Its not as if it was a suppository for yeast infections or a tampon found inside of her.

Even if the Ramseys killed her by accident, I just find it way too hard to believe that they would go on to further desecrate the corpse of their daughter by inserting such a sharp object into her vagina if they had nothing else to hide (like past abuse). Of course we don't know what people will do when they are backed against the wall, so to speak, but if it were truly an accident why violate her body sexually with an object even after death?

"I wasn't referring to parents getting any special consideration, I was referring to the statement that child molesters take the child away from the home for their bad deeds."

Yep. I can list a few.

David Westerfield, Alejandro Avila, John Couey, Dennis Dechaine, etc.

"Of course we don't know what people will do when they are backed against the wall, so to speak, but if it were truly an accident why violate her body sexually with an object even after death?"

Just spitballing, but I think it had to be because of prior abuse. But for the sake of argument, let's say you're right: my answer would be that it was a pageant of death.

BirdieBoo said:
Even if the Ramseys killed her by accident, I just find it way too hard to believe that they would go on to further desecrate the corpse of their daughter by inserting such a sharp object into her vagina if they had nothing else to hide (like past abuse). Of course we don't know what people will do when they are backed against the wall, so to speak, but if it were truly an accident why violate her body sexually with an object even after death?
Hi Everyone,

In my opinion it was to make it look like a MALE intrudor assaulted her. Perhaps they didn't consider those pesky paint shards being found. We were just supposed to believe that she had been "sexually assaulted" therefore it wasn't the parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back