A question for Annasmom

I am dismayed to see this subject come up on WebSleuths when just recently I deleted it from the Wikipedia article and requested that the Charlie Project delete it from their article on Anna. There are confidentiality and privacy issues here. We are not psychiatrists. Five psychiatrists could very probably come up with five different diagnoses of a mental problem; it is not like diabetes, where you have physical referents to confirm a diagnosis. Given doctor/patient confidentiality and other issues, I think it is almost impossible that anything could come of this inquiry, which was suggested by someone very early on. I know that we want to leave no stone left unturned, but also we do not wish to waste our time pursuing something for which there is no hard proof and where results would be impossible to come by. Please remember that there are living family members involved in this situation (and, no, there is no instance of mental illness.)

I started this Annasmom and send my regrets thinking that Anna may have been affected by an inheritant disease and that it maybe a way to locate her.
Best to you and you're family. x

I started this Annasmom and send my regrets thinking that Anna may have been affected by an inheritant disease and that it maybe a way to locate her.
Best to you and you're family. x
SideKick, you have been--and are--such a support to me in the search for Anna, and certainly there is no reason to send regrets of any kind. It is just that the very diagnosis itself is in some question, pursuing this line of questioning is so extremely daunting considering the number of mental health facilities even in northern California alone, and that inheritance is even more doubtful in this case than in some. GW and his family were interned in a concentration camp during World War II for several years with very little food or care. This probably had more to do with his mental state than anything else we can identify.

SideKick, you have been--and are--such a support to me in the search for Anna, and certainly there is no reason to send regrets of any kind. It is just that the very diagnosis itself is in some question, pursuing this line of questioning is so extremely daunting considering the number of mental health facilities even in northern California alone, and that inheritance is even more doubtful in this case than in some. GW and his family were interned in a concentration camp during World War II for several years with very little food or care. This probably had more to do with his mental state than anything else we can identify.

Hi Annasmom,

Do you mind if I ask why GW and his family were interned?

~ Annasmom, Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I have been away all weekend visiting my daughter. I understand. I wasn't aware that the health concerns of DR. W. was somewhat up in the air etc. a sensitve subject (now closed :)

Sidekick xox

Hi Annasmom,

Do you mind if I ask why GW and his family were interned?

The parents were American medical missionaries in the Philippines; all Americans there were interned during the second world war. One of the children was born in the camp. Those who survived were finally liberated by American Marines at Santo Tomás.

The parents were American medical missionaries in the Philippines; all Americans there were interned during the second world war. One of the children was born in the camp. Those who survived were finally liberated by American Marines at Santo Tomás.

Ok, that makes sense. I thought you meant they were interned in the US and I couldn't work out why that would be with Waters for a surname. Thanks for explaining.

Two questions. One for Annasmom, and one for Annasbro if he gets here.

First question for Annasmom: I have some curiousity about some dates, if you can recall.

What was the date you and the family moved to the farm?
the date of your marriage to JF was 09/16, correct? For some reason the date of the marriage and Anna's disappearance both being the 16th stands out to me. It could be coincidence, but I really want to give some thought to these dates.

Question for Annasbro:
Does anyone recall the date which JF and the boys saw GW at the hospital? What was GW's reaction to seeing the boys with another adult male figure?

The reason I ask, is because I can't help but go back to how GB thought he was so right on everything and had to be so controlling over everything. I have to consider the possibility it may have only been a brief time of relief GW no longer had to pay alimony. But knowing GB, I envision the two of them spending hours upon hours contemplating/discussing what kind of influence JF might have been on Anna. And- if they were involved in disappearing her, perhaps it was not money that was the main motivational factor, but their dilusional sense of who or what might influence Anna.

I'm hoping maybe a little more info on the dates mentioned above and a little bit more detail regarding GW's reaction seeing the boys with JF might spark some idea's I/we hadn't considered previously.

Two questions. One for Annasmom, and one for Annasbro if he gets here.

First question for Annasmom: I have some curiousity about some dates, if you can recall.

What was the date you and the family moved to the farm?
the date of your marriage to JF was 09/16, correct? For some reason the date of the marriage and Anna's disappearance both being the 16th stands out to me. It could be coincidence, but I really want to give some thought to these dates.

Question for Annasbro:
Does anyone recall the date which JF and the boys saw GW at the hospital? What was GW's reaction to seeing the boys with another adult male figure?

The reason I ask, is because I can't help but go back to how GB thought he was so right on everything and had to be so controlling over everything. I have to consider the possibility it may have only been a brief time of relief GW no longer had to pay alimony. But knowing GB, I envision the two of them spending hours upon hours contemplating/discussing what kind of influence JF might have been on Anna. And- if they were involved in disappearing her, perhaps it was not money that was the main motivational factor, but their dilusional sense of who or what might influence Anna.

I'm hoping maybe a little more info on the dates mentioned above and a little bit more detail regarding GW's reaction seeing the boys with JF might spark some idea's I/we hadn't considered previously.

Yes, we were married Sept. 16, 1972.
As to the date GW saw Joe with the boys, it would have to have been some time between June, 1969 and June, 1971, but I'm sorry I can't pin it down more. I remember Joe's saying that George's face certainly showed recognition when he saw Annasbro with another adult (he had never met Joe), but that he just treated whatever wound Joe had and did not say anything.
I absolutely agree with you on the motivation factor.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back