A Thought

Maybe, but from what I saw of her personality, PR wouldn't take kindly to being shut out. What I think might have happened, is she found out about the bonus but kept the information to herself until she figured out what to do about it. So, instead of confronting JR, maybe she stewed. She might have wondered what the secrecy implied. Was JR just being stingy or did he have something up his sleeve, was he planning to divorce her, was he planning to buy another boat while at the same time putting her on an allowance? What did she get for Christmas? If it was something so-so, maybe she was disappointed because she had already found out about the bonus and was expecting more? I know they were planning a Disney cruise, but maybe she would have preferred something different...like a trip for just the 2 of them to Hawaii or something. IDK, but IMO, if he kept the bonus from her, (and they both said he did), ooh, that might have stung. moo

Public info said for sure PR got a bicycle from JR for Christmas. There was one (IIRC) published Christmas photo showing her bike (JB got one too), and it was also mentioned in theories regarding the bike tire tracks seen on the Ramsey lawn after the murder.

I may be all wet on this but I believe Nedra was back at the Paugh's primary residence in Georgia. There were two other daughters besides Patsy, plus grandchildren by daughter Paulette (Polly), all of whom lived in Georgia. I don't see it particularly odd that Don Paugh would want to fly home to Georgia to be with his wife and see the other daughters and grandchildren for Christmas. His living quarters in Colorado were not the primary residence plus the Ramseys were going to be leaving on the 26th.

OK, but...that being the case, wouldn't you think he would have a pre-planned flight purchased to guarantee holiday arrival in Georgia? And if he was bogged down in company business which kept him from a positive commitment to be home, why not a courtesy flight on one of the company planes? Nope, can't consider DP's exit from Boulder totally understandable that year.

BBM. By the time she did that infamous interview including the knee slapping, she obviously had her story well gelled with John's. And, she wasn't heavily sedated like she was in the first interviews.

I tend to agree, given the supporting comments from LHP and a couple of others, that Patsy could turn on a dime emotionally, if needed. Also, with the threat of stage IV ovarian cancer buried inside, being at the very least, "edgy", would be understandable.

If the $118K reference wasn't an ID marker to the biblical reference which was significant to PR, then I would agree it was a signal to JR (which I think it was) from PR to let him know she wasn't going to be messed with any longer.

Thanks for the reply mm, I enjoy your posts in particular here.

If Patsy thought John hid that money, it could really anger her also because John may have been having an affair, or had an affair in the past---that could make Patsy unhinged at any new lie from him. If she suspected John was taking family money and spending it on a mistress---Patsy was not the type to take that easily, JMO.

I also wish to apologize to all, for spelling genteel as "gentile"...Those are different things, lol.

These are "if" scenarios, but If PR had perpetrated the head strike, and If JR the molestation, and JR decided to lead police to her, she left a clue for the police. PR was all about hidden clues, acronyms, e.g. PR operated in many ways like an enabling spouse, protecting her husband, yet maybe not knowing whether she might be sold down the river here, and maybe/likely not fully in support of him over this situation.

Now, it doesn't probably seem like "insurance," but PR wouldn't want to turn directly on JR, it seems to me, but rather have the BPD investigate him without her directly saying something to the police.

As I think about it, I have to wonder if JR wasn't contemplating something similar when JR (with great helpfulness) handed over PR's tablet to police, the one from which the RN was written. I don't think the two were at that stage totally in collusion. That happened later. All moo.

What if it was the housekeeper that folded the page to incest?? And she thought PR did it. Could have been JR molesting, and PR cleaning up after him, hence the cries from the bathroom when JBR soiled herself. PR's anger at JBR due to her suspicions...she blamed JBR not her husband.

What if it was the housekeeper that folded the page to incest?? And she thought PR did it. Could have been JR molesting, and PR cleaning up after him, hence the cries from the bathroom when JBR soiled herself. PR's anger at JBR due to her suspicions...she blamed JBR not her husband.

Since I've never read any information that the housekeeper suspected incest, IDK. I've thought previously that BR might have looked up the word, yet the page is dog-earred and it's doubtful anyone who could spell would need to "book-mark" a page, unless leaving a clue. It also is a possibility that one of the "kidnapping guests" did it. However, at that stage, until the body was found, it was considered a kidnapping, not a homicide, so why leave an "incest" clue at a kidnapping? Could be anyone in the house, of course. Unfortunately only discovered this in a police photo, so the page was not dusted for fingerprints. moo

NThat was my point, it could be a passive-aggressive threat. That she is smarter than he gives her credit for, and he'd better be careful or she'll tell all.
ALL-all.

[snip]
Until this thread, I've never seen anyone mention that the $118,000 number may not have been a dumb rookie mistake at all (or a false 'lead' to Access Gr employees), that it could have been directed at JOHN.
'Don't go there, buddy.'

ETA: This should suffice as a reply to your ^^second reply too, CircuitGuy.

That completely answers my question. Thank you. Although I understand it, I would not try to accomplish two things with the same letter. It would have cost her nothing to make the RN focused on the coverup and telegraph the threat to JR some other way. I'm a Midwestern male engineer; so my reasoning will be completely different from a Southern housewife. I could see someone embedding the msg in a document key to the coverup to telegraph she means business.

That completely answers my question. Thank you. Although I understand it, I would not try to accomplish two things with the same letter. It would have cost her nothing to make the RN focused on the coverup and telegraph the threat to JR some other way. I'm a Midwestern male engineer; so my reasoning will be completely different from a Southern housewife. I could see someone embedding the msg in a document key to the coverup to telegraph she means business.
I see your point, but you are thinking logically. If PR did leave clues in the note, maybe they weren't deliberate. She made the note so long, that she was bound to slip up at some point and write something implicating. I'd think the longer someone wrote a personal one on one note, the more likely it would become. Also, and this is just an opinion, but on the 911, it sounded to me like PR slurred quite a few words, so I'm thinking she might have been intoxicated when she wrote the note. IMO, she could have conveyed her message in a few short words, so there was a reason she made the note so long, and IMO, (especially because of the last paragraph), she was trying to plea with JR. What should have been no more than a, 'we've got your daughter, don't call police, we'll call later about money', turned into a 3 page, rambling, angry, scary, and then just plain bizarre personal attack. moo.

Public info said for sure PR got a bicycle from JR for Christmas. There was one (IIRC) published Christmas photo showing her bike (JB got one too), and it was also mentioned in theories regarding the bike tire tracks seen on the Ramsey lawn after the murder.
I remembered her getting the bike but didn't remember it being for this Christmas. Did she get anything else? What she may have been expecting was a big, fat check? JR could have written her a $20,000 check and barely missed it from the bonus. I'm sorry, and maybe there's more to this story than I know, but JR seemed really stingy and insensitive. If he was frugal by nature, I wouldn't think this way, but he spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on his own toys. moo

Here's a little example of hidden clues slipping out. Last night, I noticed that google was celebrating Rorschach's birthday and featured several of his ink blot pictures. As a game, I thought it might be fun for my daughters and me to write down what we saw and compare notes. Where as they were seeing very specific things like a ram, a doorway, a face, I was seeing things like 2 old men sitting on park benches discussing their lives, a grandfather clock, a road that leads nowhere, a little boy walking into heaven...btw, I had just celebrated my 50th birthday 2 days earlier, so I think it's obvious what my subconscious was doing. And I realized what I was doing here and didn't particularly care for the way my mind was working, but I saw what I saw and couldn't help it. moo

Since I've never read any information that the housekeeper suspected incest, IDK. I've thought previously that BR might have looked up the word, yet the page is dog-earred and it's doubtful anyone who could spell would need to "book-mark" a page, unless leaving a clue. It also is a possibility that one of the "kidnapping guests" did it. However, at that stage, until the body was found, it was considered a kidnapping, not a homicide, so why leave an "incest" clue at a kidnapping? Could be anyone in the house, of course. Unfortunately only discovered this in a police photo, so the page was not dusted for fingerprints. moo

I had read that the housekeeper caught BR and JB under the covers in his bed on a few occasions. Re said that BR was furious and ordered her out of the room. No word on whether she told Patsy.

It just occurred to me: what if PR saw JB not as a victim but a willing partner in JR's sexual abuse? What if she saw her as some sort of competition for her husband's affections? Was jealousy involved? Did PR think that to kill JB was to somehow erase and deny everything that had been happening?

Sort of like JB was the "other woman?"

If one person committed the murder without the knowledge of the other one, then what looks like poor planning could really just be the uninvolved one running interference and upsetting the killer's original plans. For instance, the 911...if the uninvolved one was determined the cops be called, the killer would have a hard time sticking to his/her original script. The next best thing would be calling 911 him/herself, and controlling what was reported. I've thought a lot about this theory because for the most part, JR was given a pass, but since reading about the grand jury indictment, I'm starting to see him as more involved. The GJ saw him as an equal participant right along with PR. Also, he hasn't done anything different since PR's death to clear up any suspicions. As a matter of fact, 2 years after her death, he was still throwing 'suspicion' at FW. Surely, if it was all PR, he would have stopped this particular charade? I guess what I'm getting at, is IMO, he doesn't act like an innocent bystander who was blindsided by his killer wife. Supposedly, he has lost most of his wealth, (except for the profits from writing books on JonBenet), and the odds of him ever going to prison are practically zilch, so why is he still lawyered up? He has lived his life in a cocoon, surrounded by lawsuits, threats of lawsuits, and lawyers jumping on every little thing. If this had been all PR, there would be no need for this anymore. Observing him in the years since PR's death has been interesting, because he acts exactly the same-even still throwing suspicion at FW. IDK what happened that night and the next day as far as anybody sticking to a script, but since then, JR has stuck like glue to his script. all moo

Giving some more ideas to your thoughts about JR here. One of the things that I found puzzling recently was PR wanting to put a sleeveless dress on JB for burial and asking JR if there were any bruises on her arms. Wondered if JR saw JB’s body at the morgue? Or the funeral home? Or when she was being redressed in the basement? Here’s one of the reasons why I ask. Iirc, JB’s white shirt did not have the poke/abrasion marks on it on the outside back. IDK aout the inside of that white shirt. So my assumption was that she was either in her nightgown or nude when she was assaulted and the back abrasions happened when she was not in the white top. Also, someone redressed her in her white top maybe with the cord still around her neck or maybe not, IDK. But that garotte contraption was likely not attached at that stage when she was redressed. It’s my thought that whoever redressed her, or a second person there, actually put the garotte together. My assumption as to the garotte construction (as our favorite gentleman scholar sleuther points out) is that it looks like a JR touch. Random thoughts here about someone’s role in the staging. moo

Here's PR talking to TT in a Boulder police interview about the bike. "...uh, I think he, he said he had, he brought he, Santa Claus brought me a bicycle so he had to get that under the tree". IMO, she didn't sound too pleased with the gift and had trouble talking about it...finally taking the credit for getting it off JR and putting it on santa.

I just made another bizarre connection. In the exchange above, PR talked about JR but then settled on Santa Claus...almost as if she considered JR and santa claus the same person. I'm not implying that JR was the secret santa, (although it has been mentioned), I just thought her inter mixing the 2 was kind of weird-made even more weird because she was talking to another adult as if santa existed. JR bought that bike for her. moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back