A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and the whoredom answer too.

I do hope JM calls her on the holster answer. Maybe a juror will!

People, including me, are respectful and polite. All I can tell you is in many ways things are very different in person than on TV/online (anyone who has ever online dated knows what I mean). Her family seems much less ...what is the word....offensive...in person. Unpopular as it may be I will always do my best to keep it real. I feel compassion for them. Esp today after she was pretty sh***y to them on the stand. Her Mom I mean. The one who sits there day after day in court being ignored by her sociopathic daughter. That has got to be grueling.

I would expect nothing less from you Katiecoo. You're such a considerate, compassionate person & I admire, respect & appreciate all that you do for us, and seemingly everyone you encounter. Your dear sister would be very pleased, I think, to know how her story has moved you to become such an amazing & valuable asset to so very many people...shucks:blushing:!!! I'll stop, I feel a hero worship comin on!! God bless & I'll be looking SO forward to this time tomorrow night so I can hear you inside scoop!

Thans for edifying us with the court report KCL!

just a short note of thank you to all who post and unselfish put so much time and energy into updating us~ it takes a lot of heartfelt sharing to put words of jodis into text ,as she seems to have no soul. to be able to write what happens behind the scenes takes a lot of your own energy to share with us in these posts we read. everyone of us members is a part of the case in our own thoughts,
when i went to the casey anthony hearings and trial i felt her mom and dads presence was so strong. i think some hated them yet felt they lost their grandaughter and now could have been casey too.some level of not wanting to make her guilty by jurors.i do not feel any connection from tv to jodis family. i do not think many are thinking in terms of oh her poor mom. in fact to me her mom comes off as snickering and disrespectful of travis family . jmo-
the more jodi talking to them jurors the more they may seem to feel shes an evil person but not want her to face death . shes becoming real in her own way.

One thing I found interesting today was Jodi said that in the past she thought violent people were "unevolved." Apparently she didn't feel that way about Travis. I wonder if the jury had any reaction to that statement?

I felt badly for her mother and father, as she has clearly stated and wants us to believe they were abusive = violent. So she thinks she is much better than her parents and anyone else since she is 'evolved'..

I can only say thank you Katie for all the insight. I wish I could go there and just sit for one day. Its amazing to me how she never answers the questions. When we got to the question about showing them the crime on the board and she never even touched it...dead giveaway in my opinion. She knows if they pin her to something she would give away the real truth. With the jury asking more questions, I wonder if one of them will be 'pick up a pen and x mark the spots as they occurred." Spoon feed the chick what they want her to do, since she obvioiusly did NOT get it the first time.

I am hopeful and positive feeling with the questions that the jury is asking. They seem to be like us. Probably thinking this girl is out there.

Kelly

Thank you yet again, Katiecoolady for the terrific notes and comments. I always sneak in when I wake up in the morning so I can read and digest all the posts at one time. You certainly have made the jurors come alive for us.

One series of questions really stumped Jodi yesterday. One juror asked about the supposed camping trip she needed that 9mm gun for. I believe it was something she just tossed in when questioned (by Nurmi?). When called on to tell who was going, she faltered and finally came up with a Calvin, the possible dishwasher. She failed to remind the jury that they were possibly going to drink too much and she needed the gun "just in case" things got out of hand. Huh? Now, she said it was possible that women might be going, too.

Any opinion on this?

It was just as spectacular to me that she backed off from her testimony on re-direct the day before when she said the gun was in the holster. Oops!

Thank you yet again, Katiecoolady for the terrific notes and comments. I always sneak in when I wake up in the morning so I can read and digest all the posts at one time. You certainly have made the jurors come alive for us.

One series of questions really stumped Jodi yesterday. One juror asked about the supposed camping trip she needed that 9mm gun for. I believe it was something she just tossed in when questioned (by Nurmi?). When called on to tell who was going, she faltered and finally came up with a Calvin, the possible dishwasher. She failed to remind the jury that they were possibly going to drink too much and she needed the gun "just in case" things got out of hand. Huh? Now, she said it was possible that women might be going, too.

Any opinion on this?

It was just as spectacular to me that she backed off from her testimony on re-direct the day before when she said the gun was in the holster. Oops!

I personally believe that she throws so much hay on the needle you will never know what the actual truth is.

But, yeah, first we have a gun on a shelf. A gun she knew about. But TA promised her it was always unloaded. On this day she ran, grabbed the shelf and took it out of the holster and aimed it at TA. But if TA always kept it unloaded why would he be scared. Maybe she brought some ammo just in case things went crazy. A girl has to be prepared.

She is so full of it.

Kelly

Good morning... this is my first post, but I have been lurking since the Michele Young trial. I just want to say "thank you" to those of you in the courtroom who can keep us updated on the things we will never get to see through the videos. Also, so many others of you post such insightful thoughts; it is a pleasure to read logical, informative posts without the snark. Keep up the good work, everyone!!

Good morning... this is my first post, but I have been lurking since the Michele Young trial. I just want to say "thank you" to those of you in the courtroom who can keep us updated on the things we will never get to see through the videos. Also, so many others of you post such insightful thoughts; it is a pleasure to read logical, informative posts without the snark. Keep up the good work, everyone!!

:welcome4:

Hi Mods! Is it possible to create a thread for the JA/CA trial comparison? It would really be nice to unclutter this thread. It takes forever to find the observation posts especially when you're reading on your phone like I am.

WagaraTapaTalk

((((wine sip break...speaking with my Wine-ese accent ;))

Ok really the BOMBSHELL QUESTION of the day was the one asking how does she decide when she will lie and tell the truth? (to me again that was more of a statement than a question)

She didn't really answer it either. She skirted around it.

OMG there's an engineer on the jury with the question with all the exhibit numbers and gas can/receipt figures. lol

Well duh, who doesn't feel more calm and destressed after an orgasm. Duh.

Her voice is starting to crack but not tears...stress.

she just has this one major memory issue...ok.

This story just doesn't even hang together.

OMG she really thought she'd have a painting next to a Van Gogh? This narcissism has no bounds! People are chuckling around me quietly in response to that nonsense.

That was a bombshell question for me too! IMO it shows that the juror's are saying, basically, "why should we believe you are telling the truth to us NOW, with this self-defense/Travis was abusive/he was a pedophile story".!!

No verdict is ever a guarantee when one is dealing with a jury. But believing in the strength of the case and believing in the talent of the prosecution and feeling assured that the truth is coming out and being seen is powerful. Witnessing Juan Martinez work for justice for TA and TA's family is a very positive thing for me.

Do you understand everything you are saying about this trial most of us felt the same about the Casey Anthony trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500