a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the feeling that Nurmi & Willmott are going to really regret that little stunt involving Juan Martinez & fan photos.

I think Juan will now be RELENTLESS. I think that this stupid ploy to embarrass him will REFOCUS his will to get justice for Travis.

Congratulations "Team Jodi!" You've now revitalized Juan Martinez to defeat you.

Exactly!

I hope Nurmi doesn't eat himself into a coma now that his little ploy to embarrass Juan Martinez didn't work.

Nurmi seems to have a pretty thick hide. He defends sex offenders which is his specialty. I think Nurmi is in the habit of detaching from his clients so that it's just a job for him. JM is another matter. I believe Nurmi may not like JM personally but he does sometimes get a look on his face when he watches JM that appears he admires the way JM crosses his witnesses. Does not last long but for a brief second or two you can see it.

Defense knows that JM is going to do but they have given it their best shot. Sad to think they only recourse they could possible have is that the judge declare a mistrial and they can regroup, repair their mistakes. They grab at straws in a feeble attempt to save their case. jmo

I don't get a chance to post very often but I did want to say THANK YOU and send big hugs to all of our "on the scene" reporters. I sooo look forward to hearing what you guys have to say and I really appreciate your honesty and senses of humor in your posts. :tyou:

Like others on here, I've also been doing a lot of thinking about my recent post about Jodi's mom. While I still think Jodi has put her family through hell, I have been appalled at her Mom's court room behavior. At first I tried to give her Mom the benefit of the doubt, that maybe she was just reacting to situations in court the only way she knew how...I didn't agree with her behavior but I was trying to withhold judgement. But, she's getting worse! The whole ribbon wearing thing, inappropriate laughter, and her whole demeanor just make me sick. Every time I see her on the videos of court, I just want to scream at her "this is not a joke". I wish i could slide some copies of the autopsy photos into her Mickey Mouse note book. Grrrr.

I have the feeling that Nurmi & Willmott are going to really regret that little stunt involving Juan Martinez & fan photos.

I think Juan will now be RELENTLESS. I think that this stupid ploy to embarrass him will REFOCUS his will to get justice for Travis.

Congratulations "Team Jodi!" You've now revitalized Juan Martinez to defeat you.

Along the lines of "every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings" I have started an 'Alexander fund' jar on the desk of my home office. Every time the Defense Team does something ridiculous and desperate and insulting, I put money in the jar. At the end of every week, I'll send it to Samantha Alexander.

i wonder if anyone else has learned how to handle an argument better after watching JM . when hubby gets me to be defending something-lol- i ask now - did i ask you that? yes or no!! hahah - the tone of voice the direct of JM . i have used it and i see a bit of more power~ thanks JM

Nurmi seems to have a pretty thick hide. He defends sex offenders which is his specialty. I think Nurmi is in the habit of detaching from his clients so that it's just a job for him. JM is another matter. I believe Nurmi may not like JM personally but he does sometimes get a look on his face when he watches JM that appears he admires the way JM crosses his witnesses. Does not last long but for a brief second or two you can see it.

Defense knows that JM is going to do but they have given it their best shot. Sad to think they only recourse they could possible have is that the judge declare a mistrial and they can regroup, repair their mistakes. They grab at straws in a feeble attempt to save their case. jmo

I've seen Nurmi giving a look like "I'm impressed" when he watches Juan, too. I agree that Nurmi is detached from JA. For some reason, Nurmi's objections don't annoy me like Willmott's.

IIRC there was a kerfluffle in the CA case - something about the camera man panning the camera to the jurors or something....Or he took an unflattering shot of the princess....can't remember exactly. Judge questioned him (might have been Red Huber) and was just told "don't let it happen again".

I remember that TO. IIRC, it had to do with the camera man allegedly turning the camera on the computer monitors at the defense table. Turned out to be total nonsense. The DT had a little meltdown and moved to the other side of the room where their computers couldn't be accidentally caught.

One of my favourite JM moments was when JA was still on the stand and they must have been talking about memory or fog or something. JM leant over the little table (don't know the proper name for it) in the well imitating the way Nurmi stood/slouched there. Nurmi was not happy and stood up and objected to the judge asking if he could approach before JM did it again.

i wonder if anyone else has learned how to handle an argument better after watching JM . when hubby gets me to be defending something-lol- i ask now - did i ask you that? yes or no!! hahah - the tone of voice the direct of JM . i have used it and i see a bit of more power~ thanks JM

Same boat. Love it

"Honey do you know what time it is?"
"11:15."
"Did I ASK you what time it is? I just asked whether you KNOW what time it is. YES or NO?"

I've seen Nurmi giving a look like "I'm impressed" when he watches Juan, too. I agree that Nurmi is detached from JA. For some reason, Nurmi's objections don't annoy me like Willmott's.

I don't like Willmott's demeanor. She is too prissy. I wouldn't be surprised if when the verdict is read she jumps up and says, 'your honor may we approach'. Can't wait for that moment. lol :great:

BBM
:floorlaugh: I think that's hysterical!! I only wish I was still married so I could try out, "No..no...no.... I ask the questions here."

"Honey do you know what time it is?"
"11:15."
"Did I ASK you what time it is? I just asked whether you KNOW what time it is. YES or NO?"

My reverse of that is...

"Can you spell your name?"

"Yes."

Drives people crazy!

:Welcome1:

Isn't HLN calling him a "rock star"? they are inserting themselves into this trial and becoming the story instead of just reporting it ----juan was doing something simple: signing autographs for people who requested it. he wasn't holding a press conference; he wasn't soliciting these people to come up to him. HLN is getting on my nerves and oh yeah, i can't even watch HLN because they have the trial on for five minutes, then "pause' and advertise for 5 minutes. I gave up on them altogether and watch the trial streaming online. I hope HLN doesn't do something stupid and cause a mistrial.

I hope no one minds if I ask my question here. The other thread moves so fast and it gets buried. Is it acceptable for JW to accept emails from the court room observers, as she has from the 17 year old young lady? If I am wrong just say so. But it seems that responding to her would be misconduct as well. Thank You.

I don't get a chance to post very often but I did want to say THANK YOU and send big hugs to all of our "on the scene" reporters. I sooo look forward to hearing what you guys have to say and I really appreciate your honesty and senses of humor in your posts. :tyou:

Like others on here, I've also been doing a lot of thinking about my recent post about Jodi's mom. While I still think Jodi has put her family through hell, I have been appalled at her Mom's court room behavior. At first I tried to give her Mom the benefit of the doubt, that maybe she was just reacting to situations in court the only way she knew how...I didn't agree with her behavior but I was trying to withhold judgement. But, she's getting worse! The whole ribbon wearing thing, inappropriate laughter, and her whole demeanor just make me sick. Every time I see her on the videos of court, I just want to scream at her "this is not a joke". I wish i could slide some copies of the autopsy photos into her Mickey Mouse note book. Grrrr.

I hear you. Jury's out for me on the mom/aunt.

I hope no one minds if I ask my question here. The other thread moves so fast and it gets buried. Is it acceptable for JW to accept emails from the court room observers, as she has from the 17 year old young lady? If I am wrong just say so. But it seems that responding to her would be misconduct as well. Thank You.

Excellent point!

I hope Nurmi doesn't eat himself into a coma now that his little ploy to embarrass Juan Martinez didn't work.

I don't really believe that this little stunt originated with Nurmi. I think Jodi is running this show 100%. Her visitor logs are sealed, yes? So, we don't know who might have stopped by to chat with her and bring her up to date on HLN news once she returned to the jail with her "migraine" right? It certainly did come off as a desperate stunt as executed by Nurmi but, I don't see fear in Jodi Arias with these machinations or in her court demeanor. I see anger. Cold, hard, anger. And vindictiveness.

Hi everyone!

1.) I also noticed the filthiness of those feet on Jodi Arias during the headstand. Based on this, along with the appearance of certain other parts of her body, I'm surprised she didn't give poor Travis a disease before she killed him.

I think JM should raise the probability that TA was terrified of getting her pregnant, thus the real reason for anal/oral as opposed to vaginal.

Hi everyone!

Greetings from beautiful Sedona AZ!

Was so happy to see Katie today and hear her breakdown of the day today. When I asked her emotional reaction to what went down she said her first reaction was "bring it!". I just love her. She was concerned that Juan would be hurt in any way over this but she was NOT intimidated for even a second. She was ready to get on the stand and speak to that photo should she be called.

She was doing just fine which I was relieved to see. It was also good and funny in some ways to see her notes from today. ;)

I read her out loud many posts from here and there were lots of awwwwwssss.

The storms over the last 24 hrs seem to have subsided and we can all relax now. Talked to the lovely Tricia today and got some love...it was a basic lovefest all the way around. :)

Here's to a great holiday weekend y'all! :seeya:

The moon is moving out of the full phase so things should be more calm. :)

I'm glad KDDJ is doing ok after the latest tactic by the defense team.

Enjoy your weekend, rest up, we've got a trial to attend next week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500