a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, is it just me or is Michael Kiefer being an a$$? I need to quit following him on twitter. One of his many tweets today is Those were letters purportedly written by Travis. No expert called them fakes, they just said they were copies. This is after he is complaining about how much this trial is costing, that it is the prosecution that is keeping the Hughes / Travis emails out - implying that JM is hiding info that could help JA.

for all yall registered juanettes, a video my sister made (we are both in love with the same man)......

Sexy Juan Martinez - OH YEAH - YouTube

OK, I KNOW I am going to be not only thrown under the proverbial bus for this but also backed up and ran over again, but while I am such a fan and admirer of JM...the draw to him as a sex symbol or that he is so handsome, I just sort of don't get it...I keep trying to but maybe I have just been a married old lady for too many years and dig my man...whatever, glad he has such a great fan base, and I consider myself one, just not a "groupie"...the voice on this tape kind of scared me, lol, reminded me more of that creepy guy on Silence of the lambs....but the talent to make this video is awesome...sorry to be a negative Nelli...:blushing:

Okay, is it just me or is Michael Kiefer being an a$$? I need to quit following him on twitter. One of his many tweets today is Those were letters purportedly written by Travis. No expert called them fakes, they just said they were copies. This is after he is complaining about how much this trial is costing, that it is the prosecution that is keeping the Hughes / Travis emails out - implying that JM is hiding info that could help JA.

What is with this guy?

ALV is coming across as if she is doing group therapy, to me. JMO

I just want to add my two cents. I think it is Donavan who is egging JA on.
I have a old friend who is in Sing Sing and has been for 12 years on a drug charge. I actually went to visit him because I was very curious as to how a max prison worked. Talk about an experience. I have never been happier that I follow the law than that moment.The CO's were making fun of me because I had to step out of line to throw up I was so scared. And I apparently didnt "fit the type" to visit. It was very unnerving, to say the least.

All day long, all the convicts do is talk about their cases and read case laws. They all believe that they personally can get their convictions over-turned. They type up the forms themselves, and make the motions. They sit and talk about how they can sue any body for anything. It is seriously crazy.
So I think JA and Donavon sat for years talking about this. And read everything they could. Donavon was sitting and taking notes yesterday. Why??? She is trying to be an ex jail bird lawyer? So I ask and wonder what Donavon's crime was and how she would be allowed in the court house, on the front row, for her girl-friend's trial? Wouldn't she be on probation, parole? And cannot be around other criminals? JA has admitted to killing Mr. Travis Alexander, so she is therefore a criminal. Makes me sick and very angry especially after the stunt the DT pulled with misconduct and JM.
I also want to ask if Chris Hughes testified already and smacked Nurmi around, with this new testimony, from ALV, now will all the emails will be entered since Nurmi opened the door? Including Skyes?
Thanks for letting me give moo! And thanks for the replies!

I work as a secy for a Associate warden at Pelican bay State Prison...if you have heard of that place, it houses the worst of the worst of people on this planet to be honest...you are so right about what prisoners do...and don't do, they all are innocent, no guilty ones in the prison, don't you know..lol..but there are alot of attorneys out there willing to take the cases of these "innocent" perpetrators to court...they are willing to sue anybody or anyone for anything...and do...I am sure Donovan is feeding JA, but personally I think Jodie is so full of herself, she really does not get that she is not going to walk like CA did...don't think reality has hit her. I want to see her in death row even if it is for years...no tv, no visitors, no cellmates to feed her need of an audience...she will shrivel if she does not have a fan club. Nurmi, strikes me as one of those attorneys following the "money" and believe me some of these prisoners have alot of money, at least in our prison..

I think that there is no question Juan Martinez is going to wipe the floor with this buck-toothed Jodi Ann Arias mouthpiece!

I had my first clue when Mr. Martinez just allowed ALV to spew on and on and on without objection. He's lying in wait.

I have a lot of faith that Mr.Martinez will destroy her.....but I have been so upset since court ended on Thursday.Having trouble sleeping and very emotional. I am praying that the jury see thru all the BS.Once the jury ask questions we will know if they are not buying it. I am still devastated that Caylee was denied her justice as many other are as well. I can not imagine the pain this so called expert is causing Travis s family.She is an old dinosaur and should be extinct (at least career wise)JMO.

I have a lot of faith that Mr.Martinez will destroy her.....but I have been so upset since court ended on Thursday.Having trouble sleeping and very emotional. I am praying that the jury see thru all the BS.Once the jury ask questions we will know if they are not buying it. I am still devastated that Caylee was denied her justice as many other are as well. I can not imagine the pain this so called expert is causing Travis s family.She is an old dinosaur and should be extinct (at least career wise)JMO.

I am too. My anxiety is through the roof. I have faith in Martinez but I hope it isn't too late. What if there was one juror trying to sympathize with her and they planted a nugget and gave him/her something to cling to?

On the main forum page, scroll down towards the bottom for the "Private Forums".

HTH

Thank you - finally, I thought let me see if someone answered already since I haven't been on for awhile! Thank YOU!!!!!! :seeya: Back to catching up - looks yummy tonight!

Oh man, good idea! Mind if I spread this idea around? Maybe expand it a bunch! Everytime Wilmott says, "Oooookkkkk," or ALV goes the very, very, very, very, very loooooonnnnnnggggggg way around to answer a question, we put a quarter in the fund for the Alexander family! WOW! What a great idea! Can I share?

Question:

What do you believe?

1. Gunshot first?
2. Gunshot last?

I believe first more now gunshot first whilst reviewing the interro tapes.

I'd probably get arrested for falling on the floor and sobbing...in the well of the courtroom. ;)

LOL, my biggest dream would be the jury demands that a picture of Travis, the one with him looking into the camera is set out before the verdict to STARE AT J the whole time it's being read!

Oh, and the applause too! I know I'll be home yipping and hollering and hubby and I high fiving and even thinking about champagne! Not trying to curse anything, but it will be so amazing to have it REAL!

For someone who told me he hated the spectacle of this trial he sure seems to enjoy making a spectacle... Of himself

What troubles me most is today - the defence took time in a courtroom to cast allegations against Juan Martinez and misconduct. I, like everyone else am extremely impressed with the job he does inside that courtroom as the only voice for Travis. Having said that, I became troubled when in other places including HLN some began referring to him as a 'rockstar'. The fact is this is not a concert, this is a trial to convict to the nth a violent, evil murderer. I would not want to jeopardize Juan in any way absolutely. The biggest problem I have with this whole fan adoration of Juan, is the end result - which is Jodi Arias as the defendant got to sit in when the Judge questioned each of the jurors after court was done for today. The part WE did not see. Which means, Arias was able to sit in a room making eye contact with each of the 12 jurors. All this during a period of time when a DV 'expert' is on the witness stand claiming what she did today. I'm not gonna cast stones at anyone, but I hope this was a learning curve for anyone of us, be it attending court or posting on the internet. I don't think Martinez needs this on his plate, even though he is fully competent and capable. Let's have the 'Juanfest' AFTER she is hopefully convicted. We can make assumptions on the jurors but NO ONE knows what is really going through their minds. That is what I fear the most, and today because of a bit of fan-fare, Arias was given the chance to make direct eye contact with those jurors.

Here's the deal... PEOPLE LOVE JUSTICE...

In today's society we don't see enough JUSTICE being served.. So when we finally see someone working so hard for JUSTICE, he becomes a SUPER HERO in our eyes!

There is NOTHING wrong about honoring a man who works for the government...HLN is so WRONG to make it seem like JM is doing something wrong to stop and acknowledge the people who want to honor him!!!

There are many other government employees people honor everyday...the President, Congressmen, Firemen, Policemen, teachers, the list goes on...

It is our God given AMERICAN RIGHT to be proud our Country and it's employees! HLN better change it's tune and realize this too..

I usually stay on this thread (and the atty thread) because they are slow enough for me to keep up with (barely). So.... I'd like to say this here and get it out of my head:

My wife is watching a series she found on Netflix, and really likes it. I have watched bits of it while reading here, and the "book title" post put this in my head and I need to get it out.

"Juance Upon a Time:
Bringing down the Wicked Witch"

Thank you for your tolerance. :)

ETA: The show is "Once Upon A Time", and I think it's now in its 2nd season. Decent TV.

Love the show!
Love the book title!
Love the siggie!
:rocker:

I asked Katie Wick on Twitter what sort of impact the email revelation seemed to have on the jury. I'm freaking dying to know. No one really talked about them Thursday and how they were absorbing this. Maybe she'll respond tomorrow...

:(

LOL, my biggest dream would be the jury demands that a picture of Travis, the one with him looking into the camera is set out before the verdict to STARE AT J the whole time it's being read!

Oh, and the applause too! I know I'll be home yipping and hollering and hubby and I high fiving and even thinking about champagne! Not trying to curse anything, but it will be so amazing to have it REAL!

My biggest dream would be to add one more thing to your biggest dream;

The day its being read, let's fill the courtroom with blonde bombshells...(I mean really pretty ones, not the wanna-be blonde bombshell type like Jodi..lol!!)

I was looking round the 3D crime scene that was posted on the Travis Alexander facebook page:
http://travisalexandercrimescene3d.com/
It really brought home to me how easy it would have been for Jodi to run down the stairs instead of boxing herself into the closet. I wish the jury would get to see the crime scene, it shows even more how unlikely her story is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201