a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on twitter that the ribbons #1Aunt & #1Mom are wearing represent domestic violence victims. Just think how this confuses the jury. DV victims are outraged that the JA supporters are wearing the ribbons.
I don't think it will confuse the jury at all. If the ribbons are for DV and not epilepsy which I thought is what was said the other day JA's family are just tacky.

TY, My3Sons.

Before getting all nervous about this, let's collectively think this through...

What would be "crazier", for an expert witness' testimony to support the opposing argument, or for the side that put him/her on the stand?

In the worst case scenario where ALV was somehow able to offer testimony that supported JA had been abused, does this in any way prove self defense as she claims it with a gunshot first (against ME testimony which has not been refuted and IMO cannot be refuted) then almost 30 stab wounds including the near severing of the victim's head?

It could have been self defense if JA had stabbed Travis once or twice and then fled. She did not do this. The evidence goes against self defense.
Yes, very well put....and also I am glad that this is the defense's last witness before rebuttal.

I believe rebuttal will be the true story of what went down, and also Mr Martinez will put it in such a way that will be understood...and than wouldn't it be wonderful if he asked this witness back, and confirm through her all the evidence supports Jody as the abuser...

Also, thanks to PASA, MY3sons and Katiecoo for all of their court observations, love, love love!

My3sons I have you beat by 1, I have 4 sons...don't you just love it!!!!

Good morning!

I won't be headed to the courthouse today...I need to drive up North this afternoon for a couple days and have a lot of things to do before I go so I'm gonna be doing the stuff I need to do and watch it online with you all on the feed. :)

I woke up this morning thinking about tri color and other attentive jurors during ALV and I think this could so easily sway jurors with a history of abuse or even friends with it (or husband or whatever) toward the State.

I know having that history myself and having grown in to a person who is the opposite of abusive to others (imo) but has drawn IN abusive people in to my life at times unwittingly I think that if JW continues going down this track that Travis grew up in an abusive household therefore abused Jodi, it will backfire. Even if she tries to sell that Jodi was abused by a wooden spoon (although I do think this is where "she kicked her mother" will be emphasized AGAIN) those with history of abuse could think "yeah well that happened to me but I didn't grow up to SLAUGHTER someone!". In fact the talk I've heard from people I've talked to about this notion are offended by that very reason.

Either way she tries to sell this I think will offend jurors who've experienced abuse.

I think Travis had a rough childhood and his whole life shows a person who chose route after route toward self improvement. I think though his weak spot, derived from that abuse, left a vulnerability to a sociopath.

Just like happened with my sister. :(

I think ALV is going to be a fantastic witness...for the STATE.

KatieDDJ told me she'd seen one of them slam an exit door on his way out of the courthouse or something? I can imagine this does NOT make them happy.

I wish the jurors could know that it's not the state holding anything up. But that it's Jodi playing games. If Jodi doesn't knock it off she's going to have the jurors banging their heads against a door frame too! The jurors will understand why he did (if Travis ever really did bang his head we have only heard that from Jodi's accounts).

I should ask Dr. Drew but trust you guys more: Given her "personality disorders" and the fact that rebuttal is looming... does anyone think JA might just lose it in court one day?? As the end of this trial looms, there appear (to me) to be changes in her affect, actions visible ... and she appears to require more "handling".

I hope so! Over on the armchair psych thread we were talking about people with personality disorders (specifically narcissistic) being unable to act appropriately in the long term because they don't know what "appropriate" actually is. All they know is that they have to play a game to get what they want, but when things don't go their way they're unable to maintain the facade (such as it was) anymore.

JVM - I can't watch her anymore. Over the top dramatic way she says anything & everything; blows minutia up into something huge. IMO, she absolutely is exploiting Travis' death for her own ratings..not that HLN in general isn't doing that, but she more than the others insults my intelligence. An example of the 'dumbing down' of our culture more & more all the time.
Her recent visit to a gun range; telling viewers "be assured, the gun is NOT loaded, I repeat, this gun is NOT loaded!!!"
Pretty sure no one's wringing their hands as you're at a GUN RANGE.
Then visiting a medical examiner to dramatically re-enact the knife wound to TA's neck...I hoped Travis' family wasn't seeing this.
Needless rhetoric & hyperbole. One minute sounding all sorrowful about Travis, and the next she's using that growl-voice to uncover some never-b4-seen new thing about JA...awful!!!

Couldn't agree more about the histrionics, and I'd like to add (for those old enough to remember) that this entire HLN coverage strategy reminds me of Geraldo Rivera's nearly career-ending fiasco with Al Capone's vault. "This gun is hot! This gun is hot!" (Ring any bells, sleuthers?) After an interminably long and excrutiatingly boring show, he had managed to wast the network's money and the viewer's time. Most thought he was legitimately done as a "journalist" at that point -- and I should point out that he had quite respectable credentials when he first started out. We've come a long way, baby!

I can't keep him out of my mind as I watch the parade of shows on HLN, all attempting to outdo the other with theatrics and lurid tabloid pandering. Hey, I'm all for that kind of thing for fun, but I would like to get some actual "news" occasionally. It goes without saying that I don't get it there. :cow:

Katie DJJ and Juan in trouble with Nurmi because of the picture taking - thanks to Jean C's big mouth.

I'm freaking out a little here. JC has inserted herself into this trial! Misconduct on JM's part? Are we looking at a mistrial?

I'm freaking out a little here. JC has inserted herself into this trial! Misconduct on JM's part? Are we looking at a mistrial?

Naaaaa but I'd bet Jodi's going to get another headachie just realizing Juan has so many fans.

She has a jail account so she can buy things. She has also sold her pictures to keep that account active. To me Jodi is just not eating and could be trying to evoke sympathy from the jurors. Look at what the big bad jail is doing to me. Starving me. At 2600 calories a day there is no reason for her to be so thin. jmo

2600 calories/day is double my caloric intake for the day. She is fine on 2600/day.

FYI I wasn't planning on going today but I WILL swing over there to see Katie and give her a big hug and take her to lunch or wine or whatever she wants. I can't leave town without seeing her for a bit. I burst in to tears hearing this although she has done NOTHING wrong, she's been a champion night after night for the prosecution, she adores JM and wasn't even involved in that story but was walking out of court and saw other people taking pics with him so thought why not and got her pic taken. Jodi stares at her constantly (glares). I've seen it myself and she's told me about it (creepy).

This is Nurmi, once again, aiding and abetting a sociopath. Jodi can't stand the sight of the beautiful Katie Wick in court day after day.

Listen I had to take a hit last night on here and now Katie today. The defense strikes are coming out now in full force. WE WILL STAND STRONG.

WE WILL STAND STRONG.

And NO there is no misconduct here and there will be no mistrial or sanctions over this.

Did anyone watch the Scott Peterson trial ? Geragos gave DAILY press conferences!!!!

Katie DJJ and Juan in trouble with Nurmi because of the picture taking - thanks to Jean C's big mouth.

And thanks to Michael Kiefer's B*LLS**T article that came out this week filled with INACCURACIES stating JM walks out the front door to adoring fans (happened ONE TIME) and the defense walking out a side door with security (I have walked out the front WITH THEM numerous times).

Shame on this BS "journalism". I'm about to write a letter to the Republic now about Kiefer...he's my friend but his burnout crossed the line. Hell I'm totally BIASED and the facts I report from court are more accurate than his in that article.

FYI I wasn't planning on going today but I WILL swing over there to see Katie and give her a big hug and take her to lunch or wine or whatever she wants. I can't leave town without seeing her for a bit. I burst in to tears hearing this although she has done NOTHING wrong, she's been a champion night after night for the prosecution, she adores JM and wasn't even involved in that story but was walking out of court and saw other people taking pics with him so thought why not and got her pic taken. Jodi stares at her constantly (glares). I've seen it myself and she's told me about it (creepy).

This is Nurmi, once again, aiding and abetting a sociopath. Jodi can't stand the sight of the beautiful Katie Wick in court day after day.

Listen I had to take a hit last night on here and now Katie today. The defense strikes are coming out now in full force. WE WILL STAND STRONG.

WE WILL STAND STRONG.

And NO there is no misconduct here and there will be no mistrial or sanctions over this.

Did anyone watch the Scott Peterson trial ? Geragos gave DAILY press conferences!!!!

BBM:

That's exactly how I saw it. I didn't see JC hanging around so how does she know what went on?
I'm going to boycott her. Any program she is on... I will tune her out.

Also, from what I could tell the video crew kind of caught JM off guard. This wasn't a planned interview, more like channel 12 paparazzi. MOO

After a day in the courtroom last week, followed by a fabulous happy hour with katiecoolady, PASA, katieDDJ, and many others, I am finally back here. YAY!

I will post my out-of-town first-timer closely-following-the-case observations (general observations of the courthouse, courtroom, lobby, etc.) later.

Also, I will gush about PASA and KCL, as that was the BEST part of my trip, BY FAR! Wonderful, beautiful, damn funny ladies, fo sho!

katieddjsmellofbackfire.gif

(Poor quality of gif due to stupid photobucket ! )

Just got a note back from Katie...I'll see her in an hour or so. I'm bringing her support from everyone on here too. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member