Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #178

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a crazed killer care if a wildfire started there? I don't think it would bother him if he knew it would destroy evidence of his crimes.
You may be right. If he knew he distributed his genetic material all over the crime scene maybe he knew that would be about the only way to sanitize it. Since there was no fire, maybe they gathered some of that DNA.
OTOH
The staging, specifically, would suggest to me that the killer was proud of his work and wanted it admired. That could argue against him wanting to destroy it.
Gah

I understand your perspective in that from rereading the memo I do now think that despite being a small team the defense can still obtain the expert opinions they seek without the barrier of needing equal funding or access as the prosecution. I wonder if it is because they work for private law firms they are just adjusting to the limited funds available to them. I used to work for a private defense firm and sometimes I have to recall how things require a change in perspective or approach.

In the memo it was stated that Gull did approve of reimbursement for the ballistics and psychologist experts to a certain extent. I falsely misread that she rejected each proposal listed. I wonder if the reason she said no to the forensic pathologists, confessions and fingerprint experts is because she is aware that there are more localized personnel or experts that are available and who will consult with the defense team for me. For example, other than the FBI, would Paul Holes, the GBI, Chicago PD, NYPD or the professors of the forensics and criminology departments near those facilities, like those at John Jay, be willing to offer their input without the extra cost? There are local Vinlanders groups in Kingston, ID. Perhaps there is a journalist or researcher there, like one for the SPLC, who could offer some more insight into both Odinism and the group? It may require adjustment and filling out the correct legal permissive paperwork but IIRC the GBI testifying in case in another tragic murder case in TN because of the consultation they were able to offer so perhaps it is possible and would still be effective in terms of providing counsel.

I feel a forensic pathologist is of the utmost importance for the D, and I find it unethical to reject that request in any murder case. Very odd. JMO.

May I request a link only if it's easily available because the .png images are gone and unavailable for me.
Who's asking for cameras, this time?
if anyone can screenshot for DeDee?
I'm out for the night... but I can get to it tomorrow if no one has.

... also it's just an email to Gull from an Indiana citizen, request for cameras for trial, with a little flourish and "advice" for the Judge and what's good for Indiana here.
IMG_5800.jpeg
IMG_5801.jpeg

Of course.
03/27/2024Order Issued
The Court, having taken Defendant's Amended Motion to Compel and Request for Sanctions under advisement, and having reviewed the State's Response filed March 23, 2024, now denies the Defendant's Amended Motion to Compel and Request for Sanctions without hearing.
Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed: Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed: Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed: Luttrull, James David JR
Noticed: Diener, Stacey Lynn
Order Signed: 03/26/2024

Of course.
03/27/2024Order Issued
The Court, having taken Defendant's Amended Motion to Compel and Request for Sanctions under advisement, and having reviewed the State's Response filed March 23, 2024, now denies the Defendant's Amended Motion to Compel and Request for Sanctions without hearing.
Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed: Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed: Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed: Luttrull, James David JR
Noticed: Diener, Stacey Lynn
Order Signed: 03/26/2024
Denial flows all the way from Egypt to Delphi.

Okay - thanks! Do you know "what kind" of expert? Just to put it in my notes! :)

Hi @Niner, she is listed as a party to the case - attorney, defense team.

Parties to the Case​

Hide all party details
DefendantAllen, Richard M.
Attorney

Bradley Anthony Rozzi
#2336509, Lead, Retained
200 Fourth St.
Logansport, IN 46947
574-722-4560(W)

Attorney

Jennifer Jones Auger
#2168441, Retained
Attorney at Law

I tried to dig into that but came up empty. I was curious as to how long it would take for a 6 terabyte hard drive to run a full cycle if it wasn't recording anything.

I need to go back and read that whole bit again.
Apologies I am trying to comprehend and catch up on the new filings. Does this mean that LE lost *6 terabytes* of investigation on a double murder of 2 girls? They did not back this up? And the videos don’t have audio according to an above post I just read? Since when did the interviews not have audio? How many terabytes did they have total? Did they only lose those 6, or was 6 all of it? This is unbelievable/shocking, really hard to process rn. JMO.

Looks like RA is well on his way to getting those experts he needs. People DO care about fairness when it comes to determining whether or not someone deserves to spend the rest of his life incarcerated. JMHO

Is that not his right guaranteed by the 6th Amendment?

What people “care” or is it the law of court?

Imo

I've been thinking about this and have a feeling she's not going to allow cameras if there is evidence of SA of children. I've watched many trials and can't think of any I've watched with that type of crime. However, I do try to avoid child SA cases, so maybe I've just missed them. In fact, the only SA trial I think I ever watched was the Kellen Winslow trial.
Didn’t LE say there was no evidence of SA?

Apologies I am trying to comprehend and catch up on the new filings. Does this mean that LE lost *6 terabytes* of investigation on a double murder of 2 girls? They did not back this up? And the videos don’t have audio according to an above post I just read? Since when did the interviews not have audio? How many terabytes did they have total? Did they only lose those 6, or was 6 all of it? This is unbelievable/shocking, really hard to process rn. JMO.
I don't know for sure how many were lost. I did a lengthy post on it early this morning with all the proper links.
This link should take you to my post; ignore what it says upon opening.

The first reports from responding LE, the FBI, and the State Prosecutor at the time informed the public (via press interviews) that upon studying the scene the consensus was that the injuries sustained and crime scene appeared to be deliberate, with bodies moved after death, and staged.
Moved?
As a member of said public why did I never get that memo?

While I was searching, I wasn't sure exactly how many terabytes the HD was so we won't consider that an issue.
Now I find there were two HD's.

STATE’S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL AND REQUEST FOR SANCTIONS

STATE’S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT’S AMENDED MOTION TO COMPEL AND REQUEST FOR SANCTIONS

*takes a deep, calming breath*

HOW did they lose such important data?
HOW is the audio missing from anything?
WHY was anything uncatalogued?
WHY would you not ask the FBI for technological assistance in a case like this? Devastating info re: Justice for the victims.

This was 2017, not 1988. My mind is blown.

*takes a deep, calming breath*

HOW did they lose such important data?
HOW is the audio missing from anything?
WHY was anything uncatalogued?
WHY would you not ask the FBI for technological assistance in a case like this? Devastating info re: Justice for the victims.

This was 2017, not 1988. My mind is blown.
This is a rational person's reaction.
And now ... you're almost caught up with the case that blows minds on the regular. ;)

I think this is where the 6 terabyte confusion came from:

STATE’S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT’S AMENDED MOTION TO COMPEL AND REQUEST FOR SANCTION
However, the belief at that time was that the lost files were
interviews from 04-28-2017 to 06-01-2017.
Chief Mullin was at that time making an
educated guess as to dates of lost files,
when in fact Drive 1 was taken to Indiana State
Police for recovery effort. That Drive 1 was in the possession of Indiana State Police
from approximately June 2018 until approximate November 2022, for recovery efforts,
and a copy of the original Drive 1 in its current state is described in 02d2 Allen Physical
Discovery Release. Therefore, it is now known that the video files on Delphi Drive 1
Export are interviews from the dates of 02-25-2017 through 04-07-2017 without audio,
as audio files were not recovered, while the video files were recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500