Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #178

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering about the part they were allowed consultations with tool-mark expert. Defense wanted more but JG denied finding the need unsupported. Seems like they want other opinions on facts being presented.

And furthermore there’s an appeal process that they are deciding to circumvent… in the view of the public once again
Moo
The appeal process you feel the defense is "deciding to circumvent" can only be utilized once a person is already convicted.

It's safe to say anyone would circumvent that outcome seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

I haven't seen anything suggesting it was purposeful, honestly. I am not surprised, though, to hear this is being pushed in some quarters. Everyone I've heard speaking about this has been pretty distressed. It's a big problem. There's no way I think that was purposeful, and they have the summary notes to my knowledge, for those interviews. It's not enough, but it's something.

Not just notes, they also have the living breathing participants in those interviews. Both interviewers and interviewees, they are free to call as their own witnesses or cross examine til their hearts are content.
It’s unfortunate it happened but the defense is hardly being denied information from those interviews. Things are never as dire as the defense tries to make them out to be.

And just putting it out there, the only way RA IMO deserves this defense is if he's guilty as sin. 100% MOO, if he's innocent and convicted, I hope he sues them

That such a thing were possible! No idea.
There is no recourse for the accused if he were to be found NG or have a mistrial, or whatever unless by some fluke RA could claim malicious prosecution but that bird won't hunt in Carroll Co. If I'm wrong, please, correct my err.
Crowd funding hits MSM!
eta: almost half way there! $12,476. That certainly didn’t take long.
This is a first for me to see crowd funding for an accused murderer before their trial. Not to say it hasn't happened before but none of us are surprised by this collection. The interest it may generate is its own PR machine.
MOO

I agree it is irksome and makes LE look bad. Someone should be monitoring such an important piece of equipment.

But it also makes me question the veracity of the defense team because they have been trying to sell the notion that LE PURPOSELY erased all the Odinist interviews in order to screw over their defendant. And now that we know what really happened we can see that is factually incorrect. And it seems devious on their part, IMO.

Bringing it up to criticise LE's competence---that's fine. But trying to imply that it was an effort to frame RA is over the line, imo.
Interesting. I was unaware of the D's attempt to claim LE is framing RA for the crimes. I assumed they claim that LE arrested the wrong man and the erased data might could prove RA is innocent for them but it's not available.

However, you are saying the Defense claims that LE intentionally chose RA so he could be framed. Where is that information? IDK.

Interesting. I was unaware of the D's attempt to claim LE is framing RA for the crimes. I assumed they claim that LE arrested the wrong man and the erased data might could prove RA is innocent for them but it's not available.

However, you are saying the Defense claims that LE intentionally chose RA so he could be framed. Where is that information? IDK.
If they are claiming that the Odin guards forced him to confess, on a recorded line, that is a frame job, right?

I don't think they 'chose' him to be framed, but they seem to be implying that once he was in custody, they scapegoated him, broke him down and threatened his family and forced him to confess.

I didn't say the defense claims that LE CHOSE RA to be framed. I said that the DT is accusing LE of framing him AFTER he was already arrested. [confession was forced by prison guards, bullet potentially planted by LE, interviews w/POIs were erased]

Last edited:
The appeal process you feel the defense is "deciding to circumvent" can only be utilized once a person is already convicted.

It's safe to say anyone would circumvent that outcome seven days a week and twice on Sunday.
why would I speak on an appeal for a conviction that’s not here yet.

At the end of the video the reporter talks about if the defense feels there was an unfair ruling they can appeal to higher court. So if they don’t agree with her denying the budget they should appeal and follow the process. Just my opinion.

But they said they don’t have time and that can take months. So crowd funding. Can the judge shut this down?

At the end of the video the reporter talks about if the defense feels there was an unfair ruling they can appeal to higher court. So if they don’t agree with her denying the budget they should appeal and follow the process. Just my opinion.

But they said they don’t have time and that can take months. So crowd funding. Can the judge shut this down?
That is my point. The defense can't appeal that ruling until post-conviction, so to say that the defense is somehow not following the process is premature.

ETA: crowdfunding for legal fees is a thing, but I haven't seen it applied solely for expert testimony.

Last edited:
Isn’t it curious that it’s been observed that RA’s physical and mental health have improved since leaving Westville? I have to wonder, why? Or, do I??

Never mind. Scratch that.
JMO

What authority would JG have over people giving of their own money to support an expert witness fund for RA? How is it any of her business? No different than holding a fundraiser BBQ or such to raise funds to help someone in need. RA NEEDS expert witnesses so there can be a fair trial. If the P has the ability to spend whatever it feels is necessary on expert witnesses, why shouldn’t the D be able to do the same? JG could have prevented this by agreeing to the funds. She didn’t and now they’ll find those funds elsewhere, from a public that feels there’s something not quite right in this case and they want to ensure an innocent man does not go to prison. Even if he’s guilty, a robust defence may prevent appeals later on. However, I feel that train may have already left the station. JMHO.

If they are claiming that the Odin guards forced him to confess, on a recorded line, that is a frame job, right?

I don't think they 'chose' him to be framed, but they seem to be implying that once he was in custody, they scapegoated him, broke him down and threatened his family and forced him to confess.

I didn't say the defense claims that LE CHOSE RA to be framed. I said that the DT is accusing LE of framing him AFTER he was already arrested. [confession was forced by prison guards, bullet potentially planted by LE, interviews w/POIs were erased]
Thank you Thank you Thank you. Yes, now I better understand and see what you are calling a frame job. How could anyone know to plant a bullet in 2017 if it belonged to RA all along?

I agree RA was broken down by a combination of pharma, guards, screams from other prisoners directed at him coupled with menacing mistreatment by the guards who used a tazer on him at least twice. I think it was real terrorizing at Westville. RA looks better now after being moved to Wabash.

Short answer for TLDR:
On original video, I expect that Abby or part of Abby is probably in front of BG ... her image removed. Don't know how far ahead of BG Abby would be ... this is a mystery. I hope LE's experts will be able to provide good estimates of many things about BG. We'll find out at trial, likely.

I thought I'd include a bit longer explanation ... optional read, if you will:

For me these things are of curious interest BUT, I've come to understand that analyzing BG video/photo is an exercise in analyzing altered/over-manipulated enlarged pixels.

The sources of the altered material worked with LE to crop the BG image out of the original video and reassemble it on the bridge. The purpose of the images was to provide the public a reference for the BG figure - to encourage tips - about this figure (and their clothing/stature, possibly). LE has provided clothing description: blue jacket, blue jeans, hoodie hood out of jacket. Indeed, BG is the individual that appears on the bridge, captured on Libby's video moments before LE believes the abduction occurred and the "down-the-hill" can be heard on the video.

At one time these images were accompanied with height estimates for the BG figure as being 5'8 to 5'11 ... and over time the images were accompanied by two very different composites based on eye-witness accounts. Later, audio editors lifted sound, attempted to enhance, and those results were also provided to the public: "down-the-hill" and later, "guys". ISP still has the info on the girl's page:

Delphi Homicide Investigation

Youtubers with editing skills have continued to further play with, crop, enlarge, manipulate these pixels ... in an effort to support a variety of sleuther hypothesis. Well enough, but I've moved on.

(I agree that Gray's work has been helpful in giving the world a much better feel for the lay of the land and the movement and BG?/ RA? sightings of the eyewitnesses mentioned in the PCA. But that's a different contribution than further editing the BG pixels.)

Because the image has obviously been clipped, and placed back on a blurred out bridge surface with blurred background ... I tend to think the original will have one of the girls (likely Abby) in the frame, with the BG figure somewhat blocking the BG image in the background.

I landed here quite some time ago: There's a reason LE have shared the 43 second video with very few. And there's a reason they have manipulated the original image to this degree. The why of all that, I think, we will learn at trial.

BTW, to my knowledge, none of the"RA eye-witnesses" from the PCA described a hat.
Yet, one composite figure wears a hat, facial hair. Years later, another composite figure has neither hat nor facial hair. I certainly can't say if the BG figure even wears a hat, or has facial hair. But I've also I've never felt that was important. The BG image is - obviously - not a definitive ID tool on its own.

JMHO
Here's the thing that I was referencing in another post, a virtual reality done through an app that was done. The news people explain is better than I can. Maybe this can help you with your questions as to distances.

Some $$$ questions answered here ...

Delphi lawyers turn to crowdsourcing campaign to finance defense

”Its unheard of, as far as I know, for the defense lawyers in a case as big as this would not be paid by the court, would not have their experts approved by the court,” said Professor Michael Ausbrook of the IU Maurer Law School. “Its probably a constitutional violation in motion.”
In a motion filed last week, Defense Attorney Andrew Baldwin indicated it took him several emails throughout 2023 to seek Judge Gull’s final approval of his billings.

Co-Defense Counsel Bradley Rozzi claims he has more than $51,000 in unreimbursed fees.

Court-appointed attorneys in Indiana make $100 per hour out of which they may have to pay additional staff and investigator costs.

”Lawyers very often take a hit to do public defense work,” said Ausbrook, who has filed notice with the court that he has joined the team defending Baldwin and Rozzi against a Civil Contempt Complaint filed by Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland. “But I have never heard of having to go outside the system, beyond the court, beyond the local public defender office to raise money for experts. I’ve never heard of it.”

Last edited:
What authority would JG have over people giving of their own money to support an expert witness fund for RA? How is it any of her business? No different than holding a fundraiser BBQ or such to raise funds to help someone in need. RA NEEDS expert witnesses so there can be a fair trial. If the P has the ability to spend whatever it feels is necessary on expert witnesses, why shouldn’t the D be able to do the same? JG could have prevented this by agreeing to the funds. She didn’t and now they’ll find those funds elsewhere, from a public that feels there’s something not quite right in this case and they want to ensure an innocent man does not go to prison. Even if he’s guilty, a robust defence may prevent appeals later on. However, I feel that train may have already left the station. JMHO.
The taxpayers are paying a million for the defense attorneys. If RA has found a way to pay his for own defense he should be compelled do so in its entirety.
I am sure the schools of Carrol County would love to get that money back.

I tried to dig into that but came up empty. I was curious as to how long it would take for a 6 terabyte hard drive to run a full cycle if it wasn't recording anything.

I need to go back and read that whole bit again.
Ok. While you do that I heard it was 4 terabyte but 6 terabytes may be most accurate.

More than anything, it appears to be obvious the strongest evidence was gathered in the beginning, during those early months. The dates erased just so happen to be those crucial first days. Curious that BH was never interviewed.

video files on Delphi Drive 1 Export are interviews from the dates of 02-25-2017 through 04-07-2017 without audio

02-25-2017 through 04-07-2017 is 8 weeks of recordings. Baffles me how it wasn't detected as constantly running sooner than 8 weeks. Didn't it stop and begin again with each new interview anyway? Is the tech out of my grade? We watched hours of police interviews in the recent Dulos trial in CT. They were integral to the conviction.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member