Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #178

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify, what I was trying to convey is that evil people/criminals can exploit/misconstrue religion for their own deranged motives. The religion itself is irrelevant, because it’s being exploited for criminal purposes.
Your point was clear and relevant. IMO
Researchers concluded that the Vinlanders are a gang that co-opted a pagan religion to create sense of secrecy, ritual, bonds, loyalty, protection, spiritual "purpose" and ... "brotherhood". JMHO

I don’t think it could be proven it was intentional or unintentional any more than intentional or unintentional photo leaks could be proven. There’s really no way to know either way.
The audio deletions happened way before RA was arrested. WHY WOULD LE want to delete 6 months of interviews at that time?

How can I help?

Let's start with the obvious:
The Defense, as Officers of the Court (same as the Prosecution) wouldn't need to pretend to be members of the public writing into the Judge. They've got a direct line to Judge Gull and - as we have all witnessed - the Defense regularly asserts that their client is innocent ... along with all the other points brought up by the writer of the letter.

Which leaves this:
The email writer may indeed have taken their points from the Defense's various filings on the public docket.

Honestly, linguistic forensics services aren't required here. It's reasonable to think the email writer has taken points and notes from the Defense.

But I think the email writer's larger point is transparency is good for everyone and they'd like cameras in the courtroom.

I have no issue with that concept or the request, and I think everyone in this forum would agree on that particular request: Permit cameras/recording for the State v. RA trial your Honor, please.

JMHO
This could be true about the writer learning everything in their letter from the D. IDK. The MSM news has carried all of the topics discussed in the letter, <modsnip - if it has not been reported by an approved source, it is rumor and doesn't belong here>

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the flyers though. I could be mistaken but I think Emma was referencing witness's varying descriptions. Dunno'
Not to forget ... when BG = RL for a year or so ... see the RL search warrant(s), party based on the BG pixels ... RL (at 6 ft tall) and POI ... was described as a match in stature of the BG image.

BG was a tool at first, but soon BG became some random flexible-height avatar for all POIs ... for search warrants, and for PCAs - POIs that look nothing like each other.

BG = RL stature
BG = RA stature
therefore RA stature should = RL stature
(... and we can all agree that's false.)

BG is merely an avatar, stamped in time by Libby's recording.
An avatar for 5 years + for whoever was the POI flavor of the day.

Last edited:
The more I learn about this crime, the more I think it was driven by some kind of bizarre fantasy. I would think the perp would have ample evidence of this sort of ideology on his devices. Since RA apparently kept every cell phone he ever used, I assume the same was true of his computers. Maybe seemingly harmless videos and photos of near-naked wood nymphs with horns or something like that.
Wouldn't it also be plausible that a man, who lived pretty close to a trail system may have walked in and around those woods before, may have stumbled on some Odin inspired stuff? Didn't the much noted FM even mention the the woods near the trails being used for rune making and such? Someone could have remembered coming upon those type things or had even been told about them and thought in the moment to use them to divert attention. Just some thoughts.

So I just picked through some posts on here I missed, and I never look back at the Franks, but I saw some people mentioning how it memorializes the Odinist threats and coercion in the prison, and the gaps on that portion. So people are already treading through this, but question. How'd RA even know these people were Odinists? And even if they were, why so terrified? Right, I see about the patches, but I'd have had no idea before this case and Franks what an Odinist even was, I'd be thinking back to my 8th grade comic book collection with Thor and Odin. And if I checked online, I'd find sites about Asatru, not at all threatening. How'd he know to be so terrified?

I see this in the very dramatic Franks: "These Westville Corrections officers boldly wore patches on their Department of Corrections (DOC) uniforms that proclaimed 'In Odin We Trust' along with another patch displaying symbols of Odism" I see this: "Beginning at least on April 3, 2023, Sgt. Jones and Sgt. Robinson wore their Odin patches when the Defense team visited Richard Allen." This: "At one such meeting with his attorneys, Richard Allen mumbled in a somewhat incoherent fashion that Odinites were threatening him." (And you didn't get more info?) This: "It would be important to know that Richard Allen’s Defense team had never mentioned the words Odinites or Odinism or informed Richard Allen that evidence suggests that Odinists murdered Abby and Libby until August 25, 2023, when his Defense team, in the presence of his Wife (who was visiting with Rick in the prison), first discovered the exculpatory Odin related evidence to Rick. Rick’s Defense team felt that having him remain unaware would hopefully keep Rick a bit safer." (Even thought he's mumbled to you in an incoherent fashion on a prior occasion that "Odinites were threatening" him? Did I get the timing confused on this?) This: "Again, more detailed information concerning the Odinite corrections officers, as well as the documentation supporting that information, will be provided in the body of this memorandum."

Umm... where? Where's the quote, where's the conversation that "filled in the dots" for RA on who these people were and why they were so dangerous? I mean, that would be a very drama-filled moment, these writers are definitely not afraid of drama. Where's that pivotal piece of information? In Part IV, seeing this: "He claimed on a couple of occasions that 'they were going to kill him.' When asked who he was referring to as 'they', Richard Allen responded by saying the guys with the Odin patches." If someone in prison threatened to kill me, I wouldn't notice an Odinist patch, I wouldn't even know what it was. I'd just know some guard threatened to kill me. And if I had gotten wind of what Odinism was, I'd be saying the "Odinists," not "the guys with the Odin patches." Hmm. That is very odd. Apologies if someone already unraveled this, there are so many posts on this thread.

It's obvious mistakes were made, I'm not sure we'll ever know the full extent. They seem pretty good at keeping information that might make them look bad from getting out down there. But I will give them this - If RA is the guy, they got it done.
I'd say this; If RA is the guy, he himself got it done. Without his own help, they would NEVER have gotten him (given there's no DNA to be found).

Interesting choice of email address. Wish we had a forensic linguist on this thread because I would be interested in seeing them compare the writing style and structure to the author(s) of the Franks memo.
JMO
I think it's just some fake people people or people like youtubers (some don't even sign their name despite of being "concerned citizens") trying to get the trial livestreamed so they can peddle their theories and profit from it. I think the more letters she receives, the more certain it is that she will not admit cameras into the courtroom and I agree with her. What matters is the jury hearing the evidence, TV leads to a circus, not a fair trial, in my opinion. In Europe trials aren't televised and the trials are fair.

While we wait for trial, I plan to read up on SODDI defense. Appears to be the direction we will see at trial. Sharing a good writeup from Loyola University that I found, for any others here that would to get familiar, too. There are certainly other resources; hope folks will share, and would love to see some of the legal experts among us join in.

Regardless of which ‘side’ we are aligned with, this will be an interesting and educational trial.

I totally get what you're saying and I agree It might have been an interesting or educational trial if there were Defense Attorneys with any real professionalism or credibility in my mind.

Based on this D's previous and current behavior, I can only imagine the farce and potentially bad behavior from them. I'll bet it will be a trial of constant objections, overruled, and side bars.

The State is required to prove Defendant Allen's guilt BARD. I believe they will do that in spades when all is laid out on the table.

JMO

I think it's just some fake people people or people like youtubers (some don't even sign their name despite of being "concerned citizens") trying to get the trial livestreamed so they can peddle their theories and profit from it. I think the more letters she receives, the more certain it is that she will not admit cameras into the courtroom and I agree with her. What matters is the jury hearing the evidence, TV leads to a circus, not a fair trial, in my opinion. In Europe trials aren't televised and the trials are fair.

I agree Suzanne. I'd like the trial to be televised because I want to see it, but also I agree with that direction of travel. But I don't think it is required for him to have a fair trial. Of course many/most trials are not televised.

I don't actually understand why Judge Gull is putting these letters on the record. That one is full of conspiracies and inaccuracies and I have a hard time believing a fair trial that found the accused guilty would change the views of the writer.

I agree Suzanne. I'd like the trial to be televised because I want to see it, but also I agree with that direction of travel. But I don't think it is required for him to have a fair trial. Of course many/most trials are not televised.

I don't actually understand why Judge Gull is putting these letters on the record. That one is full of conspiracies and inaccuracies and I have a hard time believing a fair trial that found the accused guilty would change the views of the writer.
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a major announcement at the end of this contempt hearing. ;)

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member