Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #180

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it is worse than negligence. What if MW, Rozzi or Baldwin had the horrible misfortune of being the parents of murdered daughters. How would they feel knowing that vicious Crime Scene images of them were being passed around on the internet and God knows where else for all the world to see forever? There is a sick market on the internet for that sort of thing unfortunately.

It's Gross Misconduct all day long and it kills me when their SM defenders say "I don't care about the photos". Well, they should, we all should. It's about simple human decency or has society as whole forgotten that this case is about Abby & Libby and not Rozzi, and Baldwin?

MOO
I've said this before, but again.. what if it was the state that "leaked" these photos? What would happen to this case? What would the narrative be? The state is trying to taint the jury pool by showing graphic photos of the girls before the trial. I don't think it would be brushed aside by those that currently say it's no big deal the D did it.

I think this issue needs a good going over and parameters need to be set.
I agree, and the whole issue of funding should be sorted out on a federal level, IMO. There is a clear federal mandate to provide citizens with a fair trial but it is an unfunded mandate. I also think that when people talk about "the best trial money can buy" they are usually talking about some kind of dream team like OJ supposedly got. But it affects both sides. Should the quality of the investigation and prosecution in these cases rest primarily on the locale's financial ability to get monsters off the street?
JMHO, and great to see you in here! :)

I've said this before, but again.. what if it was the state that "leaked" these photos? What would happen to this case? What would the narrative be? The state is trying to taint the jury pool by showing graphic photos of the girls before the trial. I don't think it would be brushed aside by those that currently say it's no big deal the D did it.
It's a big deal either way. But the defense didn't do it. It happened in their house by a burglar.

It's a big deal either way. But the defense didn't do it. It happened in their house by a burglar.
So asserts the State. In one County.
But in Carroll County, the State is at war with itself on this point, and busy reading the Defense's privileged work product and ex parte communications. :rolleyes: JMHO

Last edited:
This is from JG's 2022 order in regards to ex parte motions. IMO, there is no doubt a contempt issue with both the clerk and NMcL.

JG wrote in her 12/12/22 order (BBM):

All such motions shall bear the following legend, preceding and separated from the style of the motion: EX PARTE PLEADING T0 BE PLACED UNDER SEAL and the Clerk shall ensure that these filings are not accessible by the Prosecutor.

The Clerk, the Sheriff and any deputies from his office, the Court Reporter, and the Carroll
County Public Defender Agency and any agents are hereby restrained under penalty of contempt
from disclosing to anyone the nature of any motion or order relating thereto, any testimony or colloquy adduced at any hearing on such motions, the text of any transcript, or any other information disclosed in such proceedings.

12/12/22: OrderGrantingExParteMotionforFundsIssued 10.pdf

JMO.

For 5 years LE kept a darn tight lid on the details of this case. Even with their screw ups and missteps they held information close to the vest. Did local LE give reporters some benign comment here or there, yes. They did a few interviews, but answered mostly "I can't comment on that because it's an ongoing investigation". They held a few PC's too.

Fast forward to Oct 2022 after RA's arrest, we learned minimal information from the PCA. Not uncommon, they just needed to show probable cause. We even discussed among ourselves "Is that it?".

Then on to Sept 2023 after the Gag/Protection Order had been in place for months came the Defense with their infamous Memo in support of Franks. The world knew everything at that point. Every theory of every person (named no less) they suspected, and worse than that, an entire section describing the brutal crimes scenes and things the public should have never known that were done to those young girls.

It was a shock and awe Hail Mary pass by this Defense to garner some sympathy for RA or to point fingers at inept LE and conspiracy theories. It was not done in good faith and an "oooopsie, I forgot I shouldn't have filed that at 2:04 am without marking it confidential, sorry" knowing there would be no clerk to pull it off the site.

So of course, what happened? Exactly what they planned IMO. Every SM, Podcaster, YouTuber and even MSM had a copy of it and it was the hot topic and this case has swirled the toilet ever since. It's a travesty for all involved because it should be about justice for two innocent girls, finding the truth, and punishing the killer(s).

JMO

It's not commingling funds that troubles you, it's commingling representation?
Well one could definitely follow the other. Everyone is so hyped up on protecting RA's rights yet something like this seems, ehhh no worries. In my mind DH would be another MW just waiting to happen. He should not be involved directly with RA or the discovery without being under the gag order and sign non-disclosure before being given access to both. I don't trust the man. AJMO

I understand concerns about commingling funds, you read about fiduciary commingling all the time. I just never heard of commingling representation, or concerns that would arise from it.
I'm sorry layer, I meant that as a joke kind of. (sometimes things don't translate well on the board) Commingling representation and then allowing that representation to speak about the case to the media is a very bad idea. Especially in light of the Gag/Protection Order.

I find it admirable that not one of the Prosecution lawyers, advisors or experts have gone to the media to discuss the case.

jmo

You said they were negligent in many ways. I asked you for a source that stated, by the court, that there was any other reason for D’s alleged gross negligence besides the leaked CS photos?
Yes and I answered. Look at the FM "masterpiece" for further violations, leaking discovery, witnesses's names, stating certain people are child murderers, lying...it's all there. I'm not going to go back and read that again, but you can.

You said they were negligent in many ways. I asked you for a source that stated, by the court, that there was any other reason for D’s alleged gross negligence besides the leaked CS photos?

judge gull itemised a list in her infamous order which she read in chambers. it’s in the chambers transcript from last october if you want to read it.

Yes and I answered. Look at the FM "masterpiece" for further violations, leaking discovery, witnesses's names, stating certain people are child murderers, lying...it's all there. I'm not going to go back and read that again, but you can.
It's been posted here in the last 50 threads ad nauseam. It might even be linked in the Media Only Thread.

I understand concerns about commingling funds, you read about fiduciary commingling all the time. I just never heard of commingling representation, or concerns that would arise from it.
It's the co-mingling representation because of the funds. His professional access to RA. He shouldn't have any if he's not his lawyer, employed by RA via his lawyers, his doctors or family. Why wouldn't RA's lawyers open that fund for their client? Too much to do? Then why not have RA's spouse do it? Both RA's spouse and RA's lawyers have access to him.

I'm sorry layer, I meant that as a joke kind of. (sometimes things don't translate well on the board) Commingling representation and then allowing that representation to speak about the case to the media is a very bad idea. Especially in light of the Gag/Protection Order.
Aha, the concern is that it is being used to circumvent the gag order. That makes sense. :)
Often confused, rarely insulted... and thankful that the technology to project sticks and stones through a screen is years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv