Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #182

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always plenty of side bars nowadays.

I’ll add that in the Murdaugh trial, the judge chose to rule on issues if and when they came up in trial to get the trial started on time. There were very few things ruled on prior to trial.
That worked fine. The jury just got up and left when the judge said there was something they needed to talk about.
I kinda wish JG had done it that way.

I’ll add that in the Murdaugh trial, the judge chose to rule on issues if and when they came up in trial to get the trial started on time. There were very few things ruled on prior to trial.
That worked fine. The jury just got up and left when the judge said there was something they needed to talk about.
I kinda wish JG had done it that way.
Maybe she is planning on doing it that way? Although she only has 2 weeks planned for trial.

It almost seems like you are requiring RA to prove he's innocent there. I agree, there are a million ways to create reasonable doubt, and some jurors are just reasonably doubtful by nature. To my dying days I will never forget the words Where is it, Mr Fung?
Understood, but not saying he has to "prove" he's innocent. The P is arguing that's him on the bridge, he's BG. So the D's playing no, no, it's "this guy," it's "that guy," it's going to be Baby Goat if they run out of available heads, you watch. It's anybody but RA. And I'm wondering you know, just in a vacuum, can't you produce anything-- like anything at all-- to make the jurors believe it's not RA without resorting to dragging people not charged with the crime into the press to be "discussed"? So far, that's the bulk of the D's "strategy": implicate others to the umpteenth degree and get any evidence where RA has implicated himself thrown out. That doesn't look like a winning strategy. It really does look like desperation.

Yes it’s the correct language to use for a man that has only been charged and not found guilty yet. Similar to the defense. IMO
This is appropriate LE speak for the question as posed.
Actually...
Reporter: Are you confident this is your guy?
Carter: A judge signed the probable cause affidavit for the arrest of Richard Allen for two counts of murder. Yes.

Source

What is the purpose of not allowing even water or coffee for spectators? Is that normal in a courtroom? I've never attended a trial in person.
That's normal for California courthouses. Spectators can have a water bottle in some courtrooms but some judges nix everything.

There are a few purposes, I believe. Cleanliness, no spills. And attention----if a bunch of people are gulping coffee they are not really listening or paying attention to the testimony.

And noise and trash. Also, it makes the environment more 'casual' and it should be a formal feeling in the seriousness of a double murder case.

I am absolutely amazed it looks to be full steam ahead to trial.

I take my hat off to Judge Gull for keeping this train on the tracks as no doubt the defense have tried to derail it multiple times. Now let’s get justice for Libby and Abby and RA locked away for life.

Moo

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
RA's attorneys are highly respected and experienced. At this point they haven't been found guilty of any wrongdoings. We'll have to wait until JG decides what direction she wants to go with that. AND then see what happens after that.

The friend will get his day in court.

At least of the podcasters was Nick's contact but we weren't allowed to hear about that.

"Infernal zombies" smh

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please explain to me why the P would want any geofencing conducted by FBI Koran thrown out? I am so confused. Again.

Pic related:
IMG_7110.jpeg

9. Any reference to geofencing and/or any testimony from Kevin Horan about geofencing or the findings from any geofence search that is not relevant or is for the purpose of confusing the issues or has the potential to mislead the jury in violation of Rule 401. IRE 401. Burden is on the opponent to show why it is relevant. Mullins v. State, 646 N.E.2d 40 (Ind. 1995). Relevant evidence may be excluded if its probative value is substantially outweighed by its prejudicial effect. Rolston v. State, 81 N.E.3d 1097 (Ind. Ct. App. 2017). Evidence may be excluded if it confuses the issues.

Source:
Adobe Acrobat

RA's attorneys are highly respected and experienced. At this point they haven't been found guilty of any wrongdoings. We'll have to wait until JG decides what direction she wants to go with that. AND then see what happens after that.

The friend will get his day in court.

At least of the podcasters was Nick's contact but we weren't allowed to hear about that.

"Infernal zombies" smh

That’s debatable!!

Can someone please explain to me why the P would want any geofencing conducted by FBI Koran thrown out? I am so confused. Again.

Pic related:
View attachment 500415

9. Any reference to geofencing and/or any testimony from Kevin Horan about geofencing or the findings from any geofence search that is not relevant or is for the purpose of confusing the issues or has the potential to mislead the jury in violation of Rule 401. IRE 401. Burden is on the opponent to show why it is relevant. Mullins v. State, 646 N.E.2d 40 (Ind. 1995). Relevant evidence may be excluded if its probative value is substantially outweighed by its prejudicial effect. Rolston v. State, 81 N.E.3d 1097 (Ind. Ct. App. 2017). Evidence may be excluded if it confuses the issues.

Source:
Adobe Acrobat
I think the phrase “that is not relevant” is the key here.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member