Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be very careful because you have no idea how much respect I have for someone that spent 74 years tromping around Appalachia. Whatever you ate in 2017, I want some.
It was only 54 of the 74 here. I credit running for keeping me very healthy for a long time, but now I’ve got two really blown hips and I’m a prostate cancer survivor. Thanks, anyway.

IDK it’s sounds very victim blaming to me.
Guns are designed to kill. Just in Fort Worth Texas yesterday 6 people were shot by a lone gunman 4 of which were children. No connection no motive.
IMO RA used his gun to coerce and control the victims. Fear then isolate. He had a motive. IMO

I don’t know why we are discussing the extent of their fear or opportunities to escape. They were in fear enough to comply and they did not escape.
Because of RA.
JMO
I think most of the discussion on this topic is because some feel that RA could not have acted alone. They see older guy and 2 young girls.. why didn't they run. Not so much as victim blaming, but maybe stuggetsing that there must have been another guy to prevent them from running. I think one man with a gun is enough to scare 2 or 3 or 4 girls to follow orders and do what this guy says. I think initially someone goes thinking they can figure out a way to get away later. They didn't know what his intention was and they likely didn't want to leave each other so they complied. I don't think this idea is difficult to understand at all, but there are those that want to support their theory that RA didn't act alone.

One man with a gun may as well be 5 men because it worked to keep those girls from running from him. That was what he wanted it to do. If he wanted to shoot them with it, he would have.

I actually think because he had a gun, it supports the idea that he did act alone. If there are several men trying to corral 2 girls a gun wouldn't be needed, unless the plan was to shot them. They were not shot so that must not have been the plan.

I think most of the discussion on this topic is because some feel that RA could not have acted alone. They see older guy and 2 young girls.. why didn't they run. Not so much as victim blaming, but maybe stuggetsing that there must have been another guy to prevent them from running. I think one man with a gun is enough to scare 2 or 3 or 4 girls to follow orders and do what this guy says. I think initially someone goes thinking they can figure out a way to get away later. They didn't know what his intention was and they likely didn't want to leave each other so they complied. I don't think this idea is difficult to understand at all, but there are those that want to support their theory that RA didn't act alone.

One man with a gun may as well be 5 men because it worked to keep those girls from running from him. That was what he wanted it to do. If he wanted to shoot them with it, he would have.

I actually think because he had a gun, it supports the idea that he did act alone. If there are several men trying to corral 2 girls a gun wouldn't be needed, unless the plan was to shot them. They were not shot so that must not have been the plan.

My reasonings for thinking RA didn't act alone have nothing to do with the fact that I don't think one man can kidnap and kill two girls.

IMO JMO

To me it has always seemed a crime of opportunity by someone armed and primed to do something violent to others.
The trigger is seeing some sort of prize, combined with a small window of opportunity combined with the necessity of immediate action and total commitment to take advantage.
Probably saw himself as if starring in a movie, 3rd person, amazing, efficient like the Terminator.

Last edited:
To me it has always seemed a crime of opportuntiy by someone armed and primed to do something violent to others.
The trigger is seeing some sort of prize, combined with a small window of opportunty combinwd with the necessity of immediate action and total commitment to take advantage.
Probably saw himself like in a movie, 3rd person, amazing, efficient like the terminator.
I just wonder how many times he was on that trail waiting for the perfect opportunity. Did he ever attempt something like this before? Did anyone ever report seeing a creepy guy walking that trail prior to Feb 13 2017. We know he liked to walk that trail. I am just curious if he was planning this during prior visits to the trail and the opportunity never presented itself.

I just wonder how many times he was on that trail waiting for the perfect opportunity. Did he ever attempt something like this before? Did anyone ever report seeing a creepy guy walking that trail prior to Feb 13 2017. We know he liked to walk that trail. I am just curious if he was planning this during prior visits to the trail and the opportunity never presented itself.
Maybe there is some trail of clues.
Someone noticed him and his vibe.
Crime seems opportunistic, and yet maybe the murderer was in deep self deception about what he would eventually do, if he kept being ready to do something, until the opportunity presented.

My reasonings for thinking RA didn't act alone have nothing to do with the fact that I don't think one man can kidnap and kill two girls.

IMO JMO
While I believe he was lone man at the bridge, I agree that he didn't just act or stumble on them alone ... there was a perverted ring of pervs.
Not to be confused with the circus ring brought in to defend RA.
JMO

This was my general line of reasoning for BG after the murders. How long did he have this fantasy?

We had two mild Winters in a row across the Great Lakes, I figured the perp had been there many times, year-round. A mild Winter afforded the perp the opportunity to follow through with the fantasy.

JMO

IF any framing occurred (IMO possible but in the category like everything else in this case of highly unlikely but we’ve already seen stranger things) it would not have knowingly involved A&L as you speculate above nor knowingly involved BG either, but would’ve occurred something like this;
Again MOO thinking way outside the box..
1) L takes short 43-second video of BG, her being spooked/suspicious by his nearby presence on bridge
2) L stops the video when for whatever reason, after a short conversation with the man her fears are relieved
3) A & L voluntarily descend the hill without BG…whether to meet a_shots, seek alternate route to avoid a bridge re-cross, go a different direction than BG is going, or other unbeknownst reason
4) A & L encounter peril at the hill’s bottom - either someone(s) waiting for them to expectedly arrive or they surprise a group conducting other illegal business
5) perp(s) pull L’s phone, examine it, and to their good fortune discover a video in the last hour of a rather unusual encounter near the end of the bridge
6) after perhaps some editing/splicing, they purposefully leave the phone where it will be found - insinuating this guy in the video will be suspect #1
All MOO
This is an interesting theory. I don’t believe anyone was framed.

But it has me considering this.

If BG were just an innocent man walking on the bridge and Libby took his photo before she and Abby went on down the hill, the photo turning up would present a problem for BG. Police would want to locate him and talk to him as a witness. That’s exactly what we all were told initially when the BG photo was released.

Then the audio came out. If the DTH conversation were innocent, girls just asking a question or something, and then parting ways with the nice stranger on the bridge, LE might have moved on.

But they didn’t.

There is something on that audio and video that’s damning. It nails the timeline and allowed LE to know the girls were killed where they were found, and know it was over by 3:30. It nails BG as a murderer.

Libby’s video will be important evidence at trial.

jmo

Has the Defense even said what Rick’s alibi is for after his walk? If so I’ve missed it.

I can’t imagine why all of their statements are not proceeded by: well, there’s no way anyway since Rick went ??? or stopped by his buddy’s house… or was seen on the neighbor’s camera arriving home earlier with glimpses of him working in the yard… or even, for goodness sakes, his wife says he was home in a jiffy clean and composed from his walk.

all imo
Funny, we haven't heard anything to suggest his movements before or after the murders. He may have been a very unlucky bugger who went home and just wasn't on any camera's arriving / staying home... logged into something online and active at it etc. We don't know who he spoke to after or when after the murders. We don't even know if he helped in the physical searches before they were found at all....

Funny, we haven't heard anything to suggest his movements before or after the murders. He may have been a very unlucky bugger who went home and just wasn't on any camera's arriving / staying home... logged into something online and active at it etc. We don't know who he spoke to after or when after the murders. We don't even know if he helped in the physical searches before they were found at all....
We don't know, but the state might. And RA for sure does.

Correct
His Defense team instead of trying to track all that info down, instead decides to bring a circus to town with all the other BS

I am glad RA signed off on his competent defense to not appeal about that.

Katherine and Sheila Lyon
Kristin and Kati Lisk
Tracie Hawlett and J.B. Beasley
Pretty sure there was just one guy that kidnapped & killed Lyric & Lizzy too. And there was that Klunder guy that kidnapped 2 Iowa girls from the school bus stop and drove them to a hog farm. One girl escaped, the other was murdered. I could, unfortunately, think of more.

I actually find the fact that it is the same brand of ammo about as compelling as shady unfired round comparisons. That was my new discovery of the day. It appears that both the CS round and the ammo loaded in RA's mags were CCI Blazer.
Hey do you have a source for this info?

Rightly so---a young father and Air Force officer killed himself over the mess resulting from the total lack of accountability the defense took in protecting those documents.

They were responsible for the sensitive death photos of two young girls, which should have been kept locked up when not in use. InsteAd they were left out on a table in an unlocked, unsupervised conference room.

I totally understand the judge's disdain in this situation.
You say all this as if the man in question didn’t make his own choice to disseminate the information. No one forced him to do that. He made a choice to do it, and he made a choice to end his life because of it, but that’s no one else’s fault.

There must of been a lot more to it than just being “drunk” as millions drink too much a day and don’t end up needing a medical evaluation.

So already displaying signs of disturbing behavior in 2015 imo
A franks motion by his team stated he has a history of depression for which he was on medication. We weren’t told when he was diagnosed. By whom. Or what medication, for how long or in what dose.

True, the public doesn’t know, but the state does. The evidence is revealed to the public at the trial, as it’s supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519