Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183

Status
Not open for further replies.

I meant related to the photo leak/distribution of photos to the family members, which is what the OP alleged and was talking about. The judge didn't have an order to lock up rooms in offices to keep sneaky friends from stealing photos, so I'm not sure what they were referring to. (ETA: Oops, you were the OP....sorry, I just woke up from a nap, still sleepy...)

IMO MOO

I think that with so many confessions by Richard Allen to so many various people that someone had to have asked him information that only the killer would know. I think if that is the case a jury will probably convict him.

I still think it is possible Richard Allen is innocent at this time until we learn more information at trial.

What is so strange is how Richard Allen came forward so soon after the crime to talk to the conservation officer without knowing if there had been any forensic evidence left out at the crime scene. My guess is he did not know the unspent cartridge fell out of his gun.

I definitely believe he thought he had been ID’ed by one of the witnesses who saw him on the trail that day so he figured he better get out in front of that bullet. He worked in the community so an obvious assumption on his part somebody knew he was out there that day.

Moo

Last edited:
I meant related to the photo leak/distribution of photos to the family members, which is what the OP alleged and was talking about. The judge didn't have an order to lock up rooms in offices to keep sneaky friends from stealing photos, so I'm not sure what they were referring to.

IMO MOO
Please check out numbers 4,5,6,7 and 8 of the protective order that was put into effect by Judge Gull on February of 2023
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23863585/delphidocs.pdf
It makes specific outline on who may have have access to the discovery. The crime scene photos being part of that discovery. And how duplicating of said discovery to be handled.

Please check out numbers 4,5,6,7 and 8 of the protective order that was put into effect by Judge Gull on February of 2023
It makes specific outline on who may have have access to the discovery. The crime scene photos being part of that discovery. And how duplicating of said discovery to be handled.

I did. Thank you! I wonder if going forward, Judge Gull (and others?) may put the word "negligent" or "accidental" or something like that in orders like this. I think intent matters and mistakes happen. But this is strong, clear verbiage, you're right.

IMO MOO

Thank you! It could be interpreted that way, although since MW was a trusted confidante, definitely up for interpretation.

Thanks!
My understanding is that MW would have had to sign a written agreement to follow the order and to have that written agreement submitted and granted prior permission by court to be allowed access to discovery per item 8 in the motion.
Since I have seen no evidence or claim that this was done I would consider it a direct violation of Court Order.

JMO

My understanding is that MW would have had to sign a written agreement to follow the order and to have that written agreement submitted and granted prior permission by court to be allowed access to discovery per item 8 in the motion.
Since I have seen no evidence or claim that this was done I would consider it a direct violation of Court Order.

JMO

Does every person who works in a law office have to sign such agreements to follow protective orders and/or be granted permission to see discovery? For every case? I realize he was not an employee so even if that's the case, it wouldn't apply to him, but I'm just curious. Or do blanket NDAs upon hiring cover all that(which is what I'd assume)?

MOO IMO

Does every person who works in a law office have to sign such agreements to follow protective orders and/or be granted permission to see discovery? For every case? I realize he was not an employee so even if that's the case, it wouldn't apply to him, but I'm just curious. Or do blanket NDAs upon hiring cover all that(which is what I'd assume)?

MOO IMO

IMO if they are smart and want to keep their license and E&O insurance they wouldn’t blatantly disregard an order that gives specific direction im handling discovery.

But it seems some attorneys are fine playing fast and loose and just pay when/if they get caught. JMO

I have also heard several attorneys come forward and detail very multi-phase security around discovery so it does not get into the incorrect hands.

I would think it would be wise to err on the side of extra precautions. JMO

I really hope that happens, but I suspect this matter will quietly go away after RA's trial.
I doubt it. I think a civil suit will follow. Damages have occurred and it could be a 8 figure payout. Intent isn’t the threshold for civil suit but negligence and incompetence. And that has been made public record by esteemed JG.
I suspect the families have already been contacted by attorneys. All my opionion.

I doubt it. I think a civil suit will follow. Damages have occurred and it could be a 8 figure payout. Intent isn’t the threshold for civil suit but negligence and incompetence. And that has been made public record by esteemed JG.
I suspect the families have already been contacted by attorneys. All my opionion.
I'm wondering - what would be the legal claim of the civil case you are describing?

Last edited:

MOO IMO
it was the responsibility of the defense lawyers to safe guard the evidence.

By the way who even, in their own office leaves the pics of crime victims laying out in the open or just in a file folder.
No one with integrity would.

Last edited:
Emotional injuries, pain and suffering. Things along those lines with major payout for the family is my hope.
The defense should have insurance for this and hopefully have already filed a claim. Although, if their insurance company finds them liable then what? Pay out of pocket.

Emotional injuries, pain and suffering. Things along those lines with major payout for the family is my hope.
The defense should have insurance for this and hopefully have already filed a claim. Although, if their insurance company finds them liable then what? Pay out of pocket.
Please, yes take them to cleaners.

It sounds like there are some unlocked legal conference rooms in Logansport that could use some sweeping up and airing out, just saying.;)
MOO.

Then to send these images to youtubers!!! Just makes my blood boil. I hope after the trial this is fully investigated and the person/s that sent these images is charged with CSAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop