Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t directed at you in general just jumping off your post. The photos being available online made me think of things like the photos / sketches of Jack the Ripper’s victims and crime scenes. It’s not new that these things end up in public view. Maybe some people just don’t think about how living loved ones may feel as it’s been a thing for so long. People have a morbid fascination and curiosity about things such as this. Doesn’t make it right. But it’s not new.
Jack the Ripper's victims and 2 pictures of murdered innocent young girls are apples and oranges here. IMO

I have asked since the leak of these CS photos that God forbid those involved in the leak had a murdered child, would they like to see or know those brutal, nude pictures are online to live forever for any pervert or creep to look at??

That goes way beyond morbid fascination, it's CSAM and it's sick, perverted and against the law. IMO.

Abby & Libby are juvenile VICTIMS of a brutal double homicide. They deserve respect and this D team through their misconduct and its group of misfits and hangers on have taken that away from them, and in the process created even more grief and pain for the families.

MOO

Negligence isn't a cause of action; it's a standard of care. The only actionable claim I can think of would be intentional infliction of emotional distress. Despite the name of the cause of action, it doesn't have to be intentional, and recklessness is enough to have a colorable claim. Without more information, I don't know whether this would meet the legal definition of recklessness, but I could see an attorney possibly taking the case on that basis.

Damages due to Negligence, invasion of privacy and cause of severe emotional distress as detailed by vinayd above.
AMO
Sorry I missed vinayd's. (Just saw it.)

I'm trying to think this through in terms of standing and approach.

The Defense's obligation to the victim's family here would need to be defined.
(This might be complex.) Gull's decision does not mention the victim's family.
Not sure the Prosecutor proved (at hearing and via exhibits) that all crime scene photos in question originated from the Defense? Further investigation would be required?

Is there MW liability? What is the relationship of MW to the Defense? (It is not employment, nor agent.)

It's a bit mucky and speculative. JMHO

It sounds like there are some unlocked legal conference rooms in Logansport that could use some sweeping up and airing out, just saying.;)
MOO.
I'd like to see all those involved serve jail time honestly. It's in part because the LE/ISP did not have access to AB and MW's phones and could not prove in black and white, but it doesn't mean that they didn't collude to drip information out.

I believe they did and I'd like to see AB disbarred for his part, and although I don't think Rozzi was as complicit, I believe he deserves serious sanctions because R&B are a TEAM in RA's defense, and Rozzi knew and participated full well on that Memo for Franks with that grotesque CS information.

Shock and awe Hail Mary pass with no regards for anything or anyone. You can defend your client without stooping to the level these 2 have time and time again. They are the most unprofessional Defense lawyers I've ever seen in a case on WS over all these years.

JMO

I think that with so many confessions by Richard Allen to so many various people that someone had to have asked him information that only the killer would know. I think if that is the case a jury will probably convict him.

I still think it is possible Richard Allen is innocent at this time until we learn more information at trial.

What is so strange is how Richard Allen came forward so soon after the crime to talk to the conservation officer without knowing if there had been any forensic evidence left out at the crime scene. My guess is he did not know the unspent cartridge fell out of his gun.
Why was RA not sent for restoration. Eating the indictment, feces, and confessing to many. Where were his attorneys?
Seems like incompetent council to me.

Why was RA not sent for restoration. Eating the indictment, feces, and confessing to many. Where were his attorneys?
Seems like incompetent council to me.
If the behavior was "bad/unruly" but not "psychosis induced" that could be a reason for no visitors. Wonder if he had disciplinary actions. Also wonder if there is an exception to no visitors when it's counsel.

Wonder if EF, BW, PW and the rest of the Odinist will follow suit. I can use another defamation trial after JD and AH ;) #whatifanything
Perhaps you jest? But, this is very unlikely, assuming established procedures are followed.

There are strong immunities/protections in the law for attorneys in litigation including the ability to present SODDI theories and zealous defense.

(Otherwise, what attorney would bother to represent anyone and if they were unable to after the other side (in court) zealously?)

JMHO

The Boundaries of Litigation Privilege | ABI

I'd like to see all those involved serve jail time honestly. It's in part because the LE/ISP did not have access to AB and MW's phones and could not prove in black and white, but it doesn't mean that they didn't collude to drip information out.

I believe they did and I'd like to see AB disbarred for his part, and although I don't think Rozzi was as complicit, I believe he deserves serious sanctions because R&B are a TEAM in RA's defense, and Rozzi knew and participated full well on that Memo for Franks with that grotesque CS information.

Shock and awe Hail Mary pass with no regards for anything or anyone. You can defend your client without stooping to the level these 2 have time and time again. They are the most unprofessional Defense lawyers I've ever seen in a case on WS over all these years.

JMO
MOO. I believe that there is collusion happening and that our legal ethics system hasn’t caught up with the “True Crime infotainment” sector that has reared its tentacled head around the Delphi case. There’s too much $$ at stake and too many observers vying to be part of the story.

I look forward to some sun shining on that rats nest at some point in the future. MOO.

Negligence isn't a cause of action; it's a standard of care. The only actionable claim I can think of would be intentional infliction of emotional distress. Despite the name of the cause of action, it doesn't have to be intentional, and recklessness is enough to have a colorable claim. Without more information, I don't know whether this would meet the legal definition of recklessness, but I could see an attorney possibly taking the case on that basis.
Obviously I am a non lawyer. My background is in compliance- mostly financial and some legal.
I was seeing the similarities in Vanessa Bryant’s case which touched on negligence of key players, invasion of privacy and emotional distress from the limited spread of those leaked photos.
As a non attorney there appears to be similarities in misconduct and the fallout. AMO

If the behavior was "bad/unruly" but not "psychosis induced" that could be a reason for no visitors. Wonder if he had disciplinary actions. Also wonder if there is an exception to no visitors when it's counsel.
MOO still he needed to be evaluated. His attorneys could easily have had him evaluated.
Maybe they did and we dont know about it.

MOO. I believe that there is collusion happening and that our legal ethics system hasn’t caught up with the “True Crime infotainment” sector that has reared its tentacled head around the Delphi case. There’s too much $$ at stake and too many observers vying to be part of the story.

I look forward to some sun shining on that rats nest at some point in the future. MOO.
It’s happening in more and more cases. Very disturbing.

Very true. However, it's also forced some never-seen-before transparency, which is a good thing. My eyes sure have been opened.

MOO IMO

I do wonder if there was a mental evaluation but we would have seen that on mycase. Unless filed under seal. In Ohio they will do the first one or two then the family has to pay out of pocket for another opinion. They take about a month or two for results.

They weren't in the prison with him and they did try to get him moved. What more should they have done?
Pretty standard for defense attorneys to get an evaluation to see if someone acting like RA can understand their own trial. And if they cant, then send them to a MH facility for 6 months of treatment, like Lori Vallow.

Also AFAIK they didn't try and move him in a timely manner and they didn't visit as they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCG